Should he start?

• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sub'

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
I thought there was no reserve league. That's part of the problem. But I read somewhere that he refused to go on loan. His head seems to be up his own hole. Any lad that grew up in Scotland and then switched to England is enough for me. And that's not because it's England. It's a sign of a glory hunter with no loyalty. The first big money offer he gets and he'll drop Celtic like a hot snot.
Rumours are since joining the enland squad and finding out they players are on loads more than him has turned his head

He never got a game under lennon cos he wasn't good enough?? This is the same lennon that thought Soro and Turnbull weren't good enough. The same lennon that thought eli and Christie where to good to be dropped 🤣🤣
im no sure they are good enough yet tbh

turnbull and soro a decent with potential to grow

I dont think either have improved our first team in their positions

good options

both miles better than dembele from experience which is still pretty low

but more importantly both are good enough to replace our best players on odd occasion but dembele nowhere near first team level even in his tiny cameo appearances

both soro and turnbull are good enough to get into first team

neither should be starters every game imo

dembele should get cameo off bench in games we are stinking it

hope he proves me wrong but he aint good enough to play premier league yet

both soro and turnbull are

but are they champions yet

no sure they have the experience or determination to turn up every game yet

TET I'm going to try do this is your style...devil's advocate if you like....

He hasn't had enough matches with the 1st team so not sure how we can be critical of his passing ability. It tskes seasoned pros time to adapt their style to fit in with the 1st team.

Physically he has bulked up...he's naturally small but are we really still in the mind set that if you're small you can't hack it. Thought fans were past that stereotype. As for mentally mature....no one knows where he is mentally. He gets his chance and he tries to make things happen, IMO. He has very little time to really do anything. He may try to hard and force it a bit but what do you expect. In his mind it may be another 3 months before he gets on the pitch again. I've never seen him pull a Griff and walk onto the park, head down, can't be arsed attitude. Whenever he has had his wee 10 minute chance he's ran about and tried to get on the ball and do something. He wants to prove himself, that's how it looks to me anyway.
What is the issue with his attitude?? Has he come out and said something that's upset the fans. He believes in his abilities and wants to play football. I'd be more concerned if he didn't care about not being selected. Another Feruz who is happy to steal a wage without giving a shit. He appears to be working hard and wanting a chance....ofcourse the SMSM will tell us he wants away ofcourse.

Hes only inexperienced because we have refused to give him a chance. Play him in the cups, against the smaller clubs or in dead rubber matches. He is, or was an obvious talent. If he hasn't or doesn't fulfil his potential then that's on Celtic. It's sad that he's been written off due to bullshit media reports and poor coaching from our club. IMO

TET I'm going to try do this is your style...devil's advocate if you like....

He hasn't had enough matches with the 1st team so not sure how we can be critical of his passing ability. It tskes seasoned pros time to adapt their style to fit in with the 1st team.

Physically he has bulked up...he's naturally small but are we really still in the mind set that if you're small you can't hack it. Thought fans were past that stereotype. As for mentally mature....no one knows where he is mentally. He gets his chance and he tries to make things happen, IMO. He has very little time to really do anything. He may try to hard and force it a bit but what do you expect. In his mind it may be another 3 months before he gets on the pitch again. I've never seen him pull a Griff and walk onto the park, head down, can't be arsed attitude. Whenever he has had his wee 10 minute chance he's ran about and tried to get on the ball and do something. He wants to prove himself, that's how it looks to me anyway.
What is the issue with his attitude?? Has he come out and said something that's upset the fans. He believes in his abilities and wants to play football. I'd be more concerned if he didn't care about not being selected. Another Feruz who is happy to steal a wage without giving a shit. He appears to be working hard and wanting a chance....ofcourse the SMSM will tell us he wants away ofcourse.

Hes only inexperienced because we have refused to give him a chance. Play him in the cups, against the smaller clubs or in dead rubber matches. He is, or was an obvious talent. If he hasn't or doesn't fulfil his potential then that's on Celtic. It's sad that he's been written off due to bullshit media reports and poor coaching from our club. IMO
watch his best bits on youtube

pretty average

and 1 recurring theme he cant pass or won't pass often

I rate celtic coaches even if other dont

and if your good enough you get a game

if your no good enough or no experienced enough then you gonna get little time

Scott allan hd best passing stats in our reserve set up

but he wasn't good enough for first team

if your good enough celtic will give you chance

even if your not good enough they sometimes give you a chance

if you cant get a game under lennon then you really must be pretty rank rotten imo

He contributes zero with his passing

has great acceleration

He is not a winner

He is probably the main reason why we declined so fast since he was introduced to the team

Frimpong had potential

Not a first team starter

Certainly doesnt contribute to goals or assists or defence

Not sure what he contributes other than fancy wee circles then no pass

Not a champion

Might learn from the better coaches

But was never a first team player for us, if we want to win league and get to CL

was a nice wee randomness player who might create coming off bench against tired players in games that dont mean much but not a starter going for title

And certainly not a game changer from starting berth

Decent wee player, miles better than dembele

neither are good enough to start against sevco
But he was good enough to start against Bayern?

Hes the main reason why we started to decline?Dont get that comment at all but if thats what you think....theres a few players in our team who id have punted before Frimpong...

You say he "had" potential ,id say hes got a tonne of potential,only a young boy still and if the Germans have noticed him, his shite passing couldnt have bothered them much.

I mentioned Dembele getting more game time on "theRangers v Celtic " thread earlier. I think the guy could be dynamite against them. Mibbe prompted this thread🤣

weird coincidence dont you think

he was involved in all the big failures this season and contributed very little in any game going forward or back

Frimpong was statistically the worst right back of our really rotten right backs

his assist and his goals ratio were terrible

in an open pitch with space he might thrive in germany

but not in spfl or CL qualifiers against hard defensive Units or counter expert sides

Our biggest problem this season was defence and it was especially the right back role imbalance that contributed most to our weakness

Lot of other weak performers this season

But selecting a wee 19 yo inexperienced immature unaware wee dude was major contribution to why the team this season are not champions

You stick out wee guys who cant contribute at champion levels then you will not be champions

Frimpong isa luxury player who might get better in future

But he was the main weakness in our lopsided right side.

his contribution was very very little despite the hype

I decided to read the match report on Bayern v leverkusen

frimpong hooked at half time after a torrid performance

2 nil Bayern

Now that doesnt mean much

but when you watch all his games over the period he was weak weak weak both passing and defending

the acceleration is bundeliga levels

everything else is Scottish 3rd division

2 nil Bayern

but when you watch all his games over the period he was weak weak weak both passing and defending

Is this the Frimpong thread?

I think we should punt the wee fellow

I dont see anything particularly good about his passing ability. Physically he doesnt appear to be mature. mentally he doesnt appear to be mature.

And if he was tearing up the reserve leagues im sure we would have millions of wee clips showcasing his talents.

His attitude doesnt impress me.

Im pretty certain he would struggle to improve a championship team never mind opening up the the tightest defence in our league.

We already have too many inexperienced players getting game time.

And although its not an important match

We have far better options to start.

I didn't rate wee frimpong as good enough for first team starts

I dont think dembele is even close to frimpong talent.

Its a no from me.

His biggest no from me is his attitude and his Alfie inspired facial expressions.

Not a premier level player, not sure he will ever be a premier level player, has same vibe about him as the wee superstar dude who fecked off to Chelsea and seems to have disappeared into obscurity.

I think the main reason he doesnt get many games even under lennon is he aint good enough to play.
He has publicly undermined the club several times.
If I was in charge of him he would of had his balls booted.
At the very least he has probably had a word in his ear already but the social media slips periodically appear.
I have a clause in my contract that if I publicly slate my company it a "GTF".

The boy is an arsehole

Reactions: TET
Is this the Frimpong thread?
its the dembele thread

but if he couldn't get a game in team that frimpong was starter then dembele must ergo be even less likely to impress in Glasgow derby against the toughest defence in scotland

so its relevant in first instance and my defence of the statement I in retort to some obscure frimpong fans who rate non winners in the starting line up

its the dembele thread

but if he couldn't get a game in team that frimpong was starter then dembele must ergo be even less likely to impress in Glasgow derby against the toughest defence in scotland

so its relevant in first instance and my defence of the statement I in retort to some obscure frimpong fans who rate non winners in the starting line up
Err, Frimpong was alledgedly a right back and Dembele a right winger🤭

2 nil Bayern

Far better players have been made to look ordinary against Bayern.

If he was Scottish 3rd division he wouldnt be at Leverkusen ...what a load of shite

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back