Should he start?

• Yes

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sub'

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Far better players have been made to look ordinary against Bayern.

If he was Scottish 3rd division he wouldnt be at Leverkusen ...what a load of shite
His pace got him out of trouble with us. His awareness, running into the back of players looking for fouls etc was school boy.
When he was on his game and was allowed to run he looked great.
They took a punt on him because of that pace. They seen enough that they hoped they could train him up.
I never seen the ability to whip a ball in accurately and consistently. Mibi not the job they seen him doing?

Far better players have been made to look ordinary against Bayern.

If he was Scottish 3rd division he wouldnt be at Leverkusen ...what a load of shite
he has potential

but his current passing ability is Scottish third division

With proper coaching he might one da be a champion

but currently he aint even good enough to get regular game for spfl with his passing

but fact he has Bundesliga acceleration means teams with good coaches might fancy trying to teach him what he cant currently do

his pass completion stats are Scottish third division

his acceleration is bundesliaga

very few players have Bundesliga acceleration

they must hope he can learn

but I doubt it

simple fact is he made celtic much leakier and less clinical

seems he hasn't made Leverkusen better yet either

quite impressive at running in circles

Err, Frimpong was alledgedly a right back and Dembele a right winger🤭

I beg to differ dembele and frimpong are neither wingers or right backs

they are both terrible at passing

wingers should be able to cross ball and or pass very accurately under duress

defenders need to be able to know when to defend and when to exploit the width especially if they are in team going for title

1 is very very fast and the other is not as good

neither are good enough to start against sevco

and expect to win

they will contribute zero in defence and attack

He contributes zero with his passing

has great acceleration

He is not a winner

He is probably the main reason why we declined so fast since he was introduced to the team

Frimpong had potential

Not a first team starter

Certainly doesnt contribute to goals or assists or defence

Not sure what he contributes other than fancy wee circles then no pass

Not a champion

Might learn from the better coaches

But was never a first team player for us, if we want to win league and get to CL

was a nice wee randomness player who might create coming off bench against tired players in games that dont mean much but not a starter going for title

And certainly not a game changer from starting berth

Decent wee player, miles better than dembele

I get it TET, but where do you learn to be a champion if you have never been given a chance bar 10 mins at the end of a game?
Ronnie gave KT his chance.

TET I'm going to try do this is your style...devil's advocate if you like....

He hasn't had enough matches with the 1st team so not sure how we can be critical of his passing ability. It tskes seasoned pros time to adapt their style to fit in with the 1st team.

Physically he has bulked up...he's naturally small but are we really still in the mind set that if you're small you can't hack it. Thought fans were past that stereotype. As for mentally mature....no one knows where he is mentally. He gets his chance and he tries to make things happen, IMO. He has very little time to really do anything. He may try to hard and force it a bit but what do you expect. In his mind it may be another 3 months before he gets on the pitch again. I've never seen him pull a Griff and walk onto the park, head down, can't be arsed attitude. Whenever he has had his wee 10 minute chance he's ran about and tried to get on the ball and do something. He wants to prove himself, that's how it looks to me anyway.
What is the issue with his attitude?? Has he come out and said something that's upset the fans. He believes in his abilities and wants to play football. I'd be more concerned if he didn't care about not being selected. Another Feruz who is happy to steal a wage without giving a shit. He appears to be working hard and wanting a chance....ofcourse the SMSM will tell us he wants away ofcourse.

Hes only inexperienced because we have refused to give him a chance. Play him in the cups, against the smaller clubs or in dead rubber matches. He is, or was an obvious talent. If he hasn't or doesn't fulfil his potential then that's on Celtic. It's sad that he's been written off due to bullshit media reports and poor coaching from our club. IMOis bench places have been on merit and he has knuckled down in the last few months.
His bench places will have been earned. I hope. If he is putting in the work. Remember though we don't have a fit first team winger so ... could be a making up the numbers inclusion.
The usual time to give the younger lads a run out is when we are coasting. No pressure. That's not been the case for most of our games.
Unless we are three ahead I don't relax.
It's a nervy eye twitch at the clock from the 80th till FT.

Remember MJ was the star of the youth division. Dembele still has to be humble and work hard.
Can he keep it up while being a full time rude boy? I don't know.

I beg to differ dembele and frimpong are neither wingers or right backs

they are both terrible at passing

wingers should be able to cross ball and or pass very accurately under duress

defenders need to be able to know when to defend and when to exploit the width especially if they are in team going for title

1 is very very fast and the other is not as good

and expect to win

they will contribute zero in defence and attack
How much have you seen of Dembele? I think you're on you're own on this one again. Two totally different players my friend.

The huns are thinking about gambling with an unproven defender, king I think, thats because they are finally having to suspend the covid party dodgers. I think there will never be a better time to play young Kara.

I get it TET, but where do you learn to be a champion if you have never been given a chance bar 10 mins at the end of a game?
Ronnie gave KT his chance.
Kt earned his chance and took it with humility determination and he was good at passing defensively aware mobile, team player with great attitude

if wee dembele was even 50 percent the attitude of Tierney he woulda been in team before now in less important games imo

I have no problems having young guys on bench getting game time.

But if we are playing a game we expect to and must win then id much rather have a more experienced first team player before experimenting with young guys

this game against sevco aint that important

so it would maybe have been nice to see him off bench

but no starting imo

if the other players are less up for it

then we really are in hot water beyond this season

The huns are thinking about gambling with an unproven defender, king I think, thats because they are finally having to suspend the covid party dodgers. I think there will never be a better time to play young Kara.
I bet your life they want a wee dude with no pedigree or form behind him starting for us.

having said that I suspect forrest starts

I rated the wee lad who went to beck hams team

he came rom st Mirren

now he was rotten against a weak sevco despite his great experience at a much higher level than dembele

wearing hoops should be a great honour for guys who are top class

occasionally blooding young guys who have the attitude right and the talent to improve

But not straight in as starter imo

blood them in

give them wee chance here and there

this season was not a season to be fecking around with whole host of young guys with mediocre experience

yet thats what lennon picked mostly and I suspect it sickened the older experienced players enough to down tools

timing of blooding players is important

but its even harder when the first team players aren't motivated or a good learning curve

we have too many mavericks

no enough team ethic

no enough bite

no enough hunger or desire

And blooding a wee dude into tat environment aint gonna improve him

only Mae him even more self preserved

and thats exactly what we seem to produce since we brought in mr teeth

self preservation society

christie miles better than dembele and I dont even rate him as good enough for celtic

elyounousi absolutely the wrong type of player you want around young players

terrible signings with no bite or real desire

just hey watch me do it on my own again oops I did it again

How much have you seen of Dembele? I think you're on you're own on this one again. Two totally different players my friend.
you think frimpong was a right back?

id say they are very very close stylewise

dembele might have a wee bit more around their box but neither are team players

never very strong in wing areas and neither very useful as defender

therefore they are both probably best suited to inside right but they dont pass ball well so not suited to inside right at a champion level team

frimpong has best acceleration I ever seen but he is so thick and blind and poor at kicking ball that I very much doubt he will improve coz he seemed really low iq with his weird off field behaviours

the wee dembele lad looked good at 13

id say he has regressed in talent and not really beefed up enough to make it at top club

nothing like wee jinky

nothing like messi

just a wee dude with a bad attitude and reputation as a 13 year old who can do stuff no other 13 year could do

except he hasn't improved but all the wee 13 year olds are getting closer to his talent imo

id bin him

his attitude is bad

his fleeting appearances are average

and he is easily replaceable with a proper attitude player with better team ethic

TET I'm going to try do this is your style...devil's advocate if you like....

He hasn't had enough matches with the 1st team so not sure how we can be critical of his passing ability. It tskes seasoned pros time to adapt their style to fit in with the 1st team.

Physically he has bulked up...he's naturally small but are we really still in the mind set that if you're small you can't hack it. Thought fans were past that stereotype. As for mentally mature....no one knows where he is mentally. He gets his chance and he tries to make things happen, IMO. He has very little time to really do anything. He may try to hard and force it a bit but what do you expect. In his mind it may be another 3 months before he gets on the pitch again. I've never seen him pull a Griff and walk onto the park, head down, can't be arsed attitude. Whenever he has had his wee 10 minute chance he's ran about and tried to get on the ball and do something. He wants to prove himself, that's how it looks to me anyway.
What is the issue with his attitude?? Has he come out and said something that's upset the fans. He believes in his abilities and wants to play football. I'd be more concerned if he didn't care about not being selected. Another Feruz who is happy to steal a wage without giving a shit. He appears to be working hard and wanting a chance....ofcourse the SMSM will tell us he wants away ofcourse.

Hes only inexperienced because we have refused to give him a chance. Play him in the cups, against the smaller clubs or in dead rubber matches. He is, or was an obvious talent. If he hasn't or doesn't fulfil his potential then that's on Celtic. It's sad that he's been written off due to bullshit media reports and poor coaching from our club. IMO
Totally agree with you TET mk2, during the Nine, we should have been bringing on the young players more often. We did play them in league cup games but can’t remember under which Manager. When the league had been won, that was ideal time to play younger players.HH

His pace got him out of trouble with us. His awareness, running into the back of players looking for fouls etc was school boy.
When he was on his game and was allowed to run he looked great.
They took a punt on him because of that pace. They seen enough that they hoped they could train him up.
I never seen the ability to whip a ball in accurately and consistently. Mibi not the job they seen him doing?
BBB,if you want to see the ball whipped in accurately with consistent effort then the Tic is not the team for you. LOL. We all want to see what used to be common in football, a guy on the wing crossing and finding another player in the box who scores with head or foot.Alas......

I've said it before but hey ho here we go.

Imho and a little bit of knowledge on the subject young Kaddy has been an unfortunate victim this season and last of the quest for 9 then 10, last season being cut short when we were so far ahead hindered Kaddy and a few others on the cusp by denying him game time in a winning team, its my understanding that he had a meeting about his game time and was told to be patient and as soon as possible he would be introduced more and more but then COVID bit. This season its probably just as well for him that Neil never utilised him.

I also know that the London huns begged him to move south with a few incentives like giving his father a job decent house etc but young Kaddy decided to stay at Celtic, this was a few seasons back before he got on the periphery of the first team squad. He wants to play football and wants to do it in the hoops, I think its time to give him a start, why risk Forrest today in a meaningless game, we all know what will happen if we do.

Now dont get me wrong do I think the young man should start every week, no not yet, but ffs give him a chance, he has the talent and the passing abilities(😒) to make it of that in my opinion there is no doubt.

H.H

Wow, not even on the bench...
CELTIC: Bain; Taylor, Brown, Turnbull, Kenny, Edouard, Elyounoussi, Ajer, McGregor, Forrest, Welsh
Subs: Barkas, Bitton, Griffiths, Ajeti, Soro, Christie, Johnston, Ralston, Laxalt

Back