KENNEDY FOR THE OFF?

Completely respect your right to your opinion Bb. But I also respect the opinion of established professionals who've worked with JK and rate him very highly. The one thing we can agree on is the fact that it's time for him to move on and prove himself
It is quite rare for the opinions of people who work in football to be open and honest about the abilities of colleagues they have worked with. Yes JK has been praised by the various mgrs he has worked with, but in these days of 24hr coverage and online media you won't find a lot of blatant truth, instead you'll find that most opinions expressed rarely contain negative comments, the other thing is that perhaps JK is seen as a conduit that allows the hierarchy of the club to keep an eye on their employees, whatever is the case, it is possible that JK, needs to move on, either to another club as a mgr or to be put in a position away from the 1st team. 0ne final little thought I have previously stated that maybe as mgr of the colts team, but would he be able to treat that as the opportunity to play a different style of football with his own mark on it. Showing the supporters that he has a mind of his own. HH

With respect John, the pros who made those comments have both of us at a disadvantage. They actually got to see him working on a daily basis. Much better placed to form an opinion, don't you think ?
Point taken Frank, and we can only comment on what we see before our own eyes, and we have covered so many of his failings now, where it is nearly impossible to defend him in any way on the basis of last season, so it just don't add up

It is quite rare for the opinions of people who work in football to be open and honest about the abilities of colleagues they have worked with. Yes JK has been praised by the various mgrs he has worked with, but in these days of 24hr coverage and online media you won't find a lot of blatant truth, instead you'll find that most opinions expressed rarely contain negative comments, the other thing is that perhaps JK is seen as a conduit that allows the hierarchy of the club to keep an eye on their employees, whatever is the case, it is possible that JK, needs to move on, either to another club as a mgr or to be put in a position away from the 1st team. 0ne final little thought I have previously stated that maybe as mgr of the colts team, but would he be able to treat that as the opportunity to play a different style of football with his own mark on it. Showing the supporters that he has a mind of his own. HH
Wouldn't that be looked upon as a demotion mancbhoy going down to the colts? It would to me anyway

It is quite rare for the opinions of people whob work in football to be open and honest about the abilities of colleagues they have worked with. Yes JK has been praised by the various mgrs he has worked with, but in these days of 24hr coverage and online media you won't find a lot of blatant truth, instead you'll find that most opinions expressed rarely contain negative comments, the other thing is that perhaps JK is seen as a conduit that allows the hierarchy of the club to keep an eye on their employees, whatever is the case, it is possible that JK, needs to move on, either to another club as a mgr or to be put in a position away from the 1st team. 0ne final little thought I have previously stated that maybe as mgr of the colts team, but would he be able to treat that as the opportunity to play a different style of football with his own mark on it. Showing the supporters that he has a mind of his own. HH
I agree completely the time has come for JK to move on Mb. No problem with that. As for folk giving a positive opinion regarding his ability, I prefer to believe those who don't rate him would make the choice to keep quiet. Those who do rate him seem happy to say so. As I said to John, they are much better placed than we are.HH

That's where he was, pre Ronnie, it would be a demotion. He needs to move on if he wants to stay at the same level.

I agree completely the time has come for JK to move on Mb. No problem with that. As for folk giving a positive opinion regarding his ability, I prefer to believe those who don't rate him would make the choice to keep quiet. Those who do rate him seem happy to say so. As I said to John, they are much better placed than we are.HH
In fairness Frank, these people were more than likely asked by media what their opinion was on Kennedy. They're hardly gonna say he's shite. Infact I've never heard a coach/manager ever say another coach was shite. It's all just words. Especially coming from the biggest bullshitter in sport. The rat himself.

In fairness Frank, these people were more than likely asked by media what their opinion was on Kennedy. They're hardly gonna say he's shite. Infact I've never heard a coach/manager ever say another coach was shite. It's all just words. Especially coming from the biggest bullshitter in sport. The rat himself.
Too much supposition there for me TD. As I say, the bloke should move on, even for his own sanity. If we are winning it's IN SPITE of him, but if we're losing ? Well of course it's just got to be all down to him. Fair ?

Too much supposition there for me TD. As I say, the bloke should move on, even for his own sanity. If we are winning it's IN SPITE of him, but if we're losing ? Well of course it's just got to be all down to him. Fair ?
Frank, it's a thankless task to change minds over Kennedy...The bottom line as I said earlier in the thread but was selectively quoted, John Kennedy does not deserve the personal insults and the crazy insinuating nonsense thrown at him...however, we can all agree, myself included that he is not up to being our manager at this point in his career

Last edited:
The manager from the women's team would be a better solution. This is a coach who was saying in March that players were still not fit.
If He can't do the basics of getting players fitness levels up to the required standards, he should be out the door . No ifs or buts
Got to disagree GB. If players aren't committed to the cause there are quite a few ifs & buts. Anyway, let's wish the bloke well and move on. Time for scapegoating is long gone.

He had the chance to prove himself Frank and he sat on his hands.
I would have a lot more respect for him if he dropped all the want away players and played the young lads. But he failed to do that.
I agree it's better for everyone if he moves on, but that's the problem that most people on here have with him. He won't move on. He's still there and by the looks of things will be there when the season starts.
We should get to Andrea talk to him.....

Realistically speaking, there was as much chance of Kennedy turning down a move to Leicester; with higher wages, profile and chance of career progression as there was of KT turning down the move to Arsenal. I'd bet the house that no such offer was ever on the table.
Celtic's defence for the last few seasons are the product of John Kennedy's coaching skills.
fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u6.jpg

He had the chance to prove himself Frank and he sat on his hands.
I would have a lot more respect for him if he dropped all the want away players and played the young lads. But he failed to do that.
I agree it's better for everyone if he moves on, but that's the problem that most people on here have with him. He won't move on. He's still there and by the looks of things will be there when the season starts.
We should get to Andrea talk to him.....
Love that song. Lucky to see him live at The Hydro. Downside is it was my brother's choice for his funeral.

Members online

Back