KENNEDY FOR THE OFF?

So why does Kennedy for the reason you gave

Because he has worked hard in his career to be afforded the opportunity .....talented player, obviously has something about him coaching wise given the testimonials from all the managers he has worked with and all the players he's coached...these people know better than any internet pundits imo

Because he has worked hard in his career to be afforded the opportunity .....talented player, obviously has something about him coaching wise given the testimonials from all the managers he has worked with and all the players he's coached...these people know better than any internet pundits imo
And yet Rodgers left and took the full backroom team APART from Kennedy.
Does that not tell you something

And yet Rodgers left and took the full backroom team APART from Kennedy.
Does that not tell you something

Hmmm, pretty sure he wanted Kennedy but Kennedy stayed to man the ship....

“In my time there, he was an outstanding coach,” the Leicester City manager said.

“He’s worked at every level of the club so he knows the club inside out. He played for the club. He’s worked in scouting so he understands that. He’s worked in coaching. He’s worked at the top end of the academy teams and he’s worked with the first team."

Didn't really have to try hard to find these...but you know best I guess , being pals with Brendan and being in the know 👍

Last edited:
Hmmm, pretty sure he wanted Kennedy but Kennedy stayed to man the ship....

“In my time there, he was an outstanding coach,” the Leicester City manager said.

“He’s worked at every level of the club so he knows the club inside out. He played for the club. He’s worked in scouting so he understands that. He’s worked in coaching. He’s worked at the top end of the academy teams and he’s worked with the first team."

Didn't really have to try hard to find these...but you know best I guess , being pals with Brendan and being in the know 👍
Aye Rodgers is going to come out and say " he's an alright coach, not up to the standards of the PL, so I wasn't going to bring him with me"
Instead you get the stories saying he knocked back the opportunity to go to the PL. Celtic are happy for those stories to be out there as they would have to answer questions on my they kept him

There's a fair to decent chance that JK's own coaching/management development has been somewhat hindered by his association with the club.

It's possible that he'll improve his overall knowledge by challenging himself in more industrial settings.

I don't bear the fella any ill will and he was as much a victim of circumstance than anything else in this whole farce of a season, but sometimes a clean break is necessary for all parties to move forward.

Just in his defence though - a lot of stuff has been directed towards his failings as a defensive coach. It wasn't down to poor coaching that players failed to do their basic jobs properly. I don't think I should need a coach to show me how to header a ball, clear lines, tackle well or to pick up attacking threats........that stuff should already be part of any defender's DNA in the first instance!

You could argue that their starting positions and shape were wrong, but ultimately that part is the manager's responsibility and is also largely dependent upon the personnel playing in front of the defensive line?

JK doesn't get off with a free pass, but many of Celtic's defensive failings were down to individual errors and coaching isn't always the cure all for brain farts.

There's a fair to decent chance that JK's own coaching/management development has been somewhat hindered by his association with the club.

It's possible that he'll improve his overall knowledge by challenging himself in more industrial settings.

I don't bear the fella any ill will and he was as much a victim of circumstance than anything else in this whole farce of a season, but sometimes a clean break is necessary for all parties to move forward.

Just in his defence though - a lot of stuff has been directed towards his failings as a defensive coach. It wasn't down to poor coaching that players failed to do their basic jobs properly. I don't think I should need a coach to show me how to header a ball, clear lines, tackle well or to pick up attacking threats........that stuff should already be part of any defender's DNA in the first instance!

You could argue that their starting positions and shape were wrong, but ultimately that part is the manager's responsibility and is also largely dependent upon the personnel playing in front of the defensive line?

JK doesn't get off with a free pass, but many of Celtic's defensive failings were down to individual errors and coaching isn't always the cure all for brain farts.
There's one other possibility with JK he'll start the training and the beginning of the new seasons work till ange is free from quarantine then he will take over the colts team for the rest of the season. This is of course unless, John Hughes has already been offered the role. HH

All I know about the Kennedy situation, is he sat in the managers chair and blindly carried on with Lennon’s failed tactics, he had a chance to put forward new, fresh ideas, but he just done the same 💩
Agreed BB, had a wonderful opportunity to stamp his mark on the team and fluffed his lines.
More worrying was the players never seemed to buy into him either, so best for all concerned if he were to move on imo.

When you look at our current situation and the fact that Anje has been appointed as a coach from a different hemisphere it all points towards the board shoeing in the need for someone with a Celtic background

When you look at our current situation and the fact that Anje has been appointed as a coach from a different hemisphere it all points towards the board shoeing in the need for someone with a Celtic background
Now given John Kennedy is already there. .regardless of what we think if Anje is indeed his own man it will be down to him if Kennedy stays or goes. However given the task he has in front of him he may well keep him and indeed re develop him. Does he deserve that opportunity. ..probably not as a fresh start is what most want to see but I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another shot at being part of the set up in some capacity.HH

All I know about the Kennedy situation, is he sat in the managers chair and blindly carried on with Lennon’s failed tactics, he had a chance to put forward new, fresh ideas, but he just done the
By the time Lenny left/got the boot the show was over folks. Some players were beyond even putting in a bit of effort . We, the supporters, had just about given up on any lingering ambition. The whole atmosphere surrounding the club was one of negativity. For all that, I believe there WAS a slight improvement when JK took charge. Could anybody have changed our situation so late in the day ? I seriously doubt that. I've already said I think for his own sake he should leave. If he did choose to stay and we managed to turn things round, you can be sure he wouldn't be given the slightest bit of credit for playing his part. However, he would sure as hell get pelters if we were to experience another nightmare of a season. I'm gonna be diplomatic and say I feel some of the abuse the bloke is getting is very harsh. I also think he WILL prove himself at another club. JK was without doubt part of what was a complete collapse. No argument there. But he was also part of many successful seasons. We can be a cruel fickle bunch at times. If he goes I wish only good things for him. HH

By the time Lenny left/got the boot the show was over folks. Some players were beyond even putting in a bit of effort . We, the supporters, had just about given up on any lingering ambition. The whole atmosphere surrounding the club was one of negativity. For all that, I believe there WAS a slight improvement when JK took charge. Could anybody have changed our situation so late in the day ? I seriously doubt that. I've already said I think for his own sake he should leave. If he did choose to stay and we managed to turn things round, you can be sure he wouldn't be given the slightest bit of credit for playing his part. However, he would sure as hell get pelters if we were to experience another nightmare of a season. I'm gonna be diplomatic and say I feel some of the abuse the bloke is getting is very harsh. I also think he WILL prove himself at another club. JK was without doubt part of what was a complete collapse. No argument there. But he was also part of many successful seasons. We can be a cruel fickle bunch at times. If he goes I wish only good things for him. HH
Yes Frank, JK has been part of the set up for quite a while. First team coach since the Ronnie days, who can forget the exciting football back then? Kept in the role by BRs, but Brendan had his own ideas and backroom team. Then was forced on NL. So IMHO he's had a charmed life at Celtic since his career was curtailed.
Not saying I don't thank him but it's time he moved on.
If we're having a new era it has to be just that, a fresh start all round.

Yes Frank, JK has been part of the set up for quite a while. First team coach since the Ronnie days, who can forget the exciting football back then? Kept in the role by BRs, but Brendan had his own ideas and backroom team. Then was forced on NL. So IMHO he's had a charmed life at Celtic since his career was curtailed.
Not saying I don't thank him but it's time he moved on.
If we're having a new era it has to be just that, a fresh start all round.
Completely respect your right to your opinion Bb. But I also respect the opinion of established professionals who've worked with JK and rate him very highly. The one thing we can agree on is the fact that it's time for him to move on and prove himself

That point I really don't get Frank, all this high praise and was so poor last season in so many aspects of his so called coaching /management, why last season has he been bought into the spotlight so much now?
With respect John, the pros who made those comments have both of us at a disadvantage. They actually got to see him working on a daily basis. Much better placed to form an opinion, don't you think ?

Members online

Latest posts

Back