Kevin Harper, Only Black Manager in Scotland!

I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I read that KH is the 1st black manager in Scotland for 15 years. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46224697, a shocking Stat.
Scotland is still a klan backwater and I don't think that's a situation that's going to change in my lifetime.

Race remains the biggest obstacle between Scotland being a relatively progressive minor nation and being what it actually is......a whitewashed village.

Many of us who are white and speak the same dialect and tongue are still prejudged based on racist ideals and principles.

Celtic and Celtic supporters have made significant strides in the last 30-years. We are not perfect by any stretch, but we appear headed in a healthy and positive direction.

I was a bit harsh in the opening lines, I think 2/3rds of the population are ready to embrace diversity. It's just that other third that cling on to their nationalistic, unionistic, white-supremacist views that hold us back.

On the subject of black managers. John Barnes insinuated that he was judged on race, he was judged by the basis that he was feckin useless

If Barnes was as white as a ghost he would still have been given the boot but it's surprising to think that not many have achieved manager status throughout Britain.

Barnes was pish simple as. As i say people should be judged on actions alone.

That stat is truly sickening though.

I don’t see a lot of black managers south of the border either.

Hopefully that will change too given the fantastic talent on the pitches down there.

Hopefully the players feel they can go into management and be successful too.

Members online

Latest posts

Back