Kilmarnock v Celtic match thread

Look it was a shit day at the office but it's still early on in the season and we've still got a transfer window open till October. We've got the time to work on tactics for games like today's and we've got ample opportunity to bring in players who can sort out our issues.

So recruit where we need to, come up with a gameplan to combat this 'park the bus shite' and we'll fucking stroll this league. We should take today as an early warning on what needs to be done to secure the 10 and get on with it.

Saw NL response after game ,while he did not throw players under the bus ,deep down he knows it was 💩,not going to go public ,and rightly so ,the smsm would start this cracks shown pish from seasons ago,,think the Hibbees May be a shock team this season ????hh

Tom English talking to Pat Bonner when Paddy stated, Christmas is time to look at leagues, Tom English replied no we will talk and look at them everyday, big Paddy a good pro does not look at leagues at this stage in a season. GIRFUY English.

Succulent Tam after seeing today's Celtic result......

TE.jpg

Ironic that he's now creaming himself prematurely while simultaneously acting as a cheerleader for a team that's always promising to come but never actually does! :LOL:

Well that was a nasty surprise to waken up to. Perhaps it will also waken up the team and the board. We cannot assume that we will win the league. We simply have to win it. We have to be better than today. I was guilty of assuming we would win. I hope the entire squad learns that they have failed to do their job today. They need to get back up and win and win and win.

As I watched the game I was also thinking this is the sort of match a fit and in-form Rogic would have made the difference, but we haven't seen him for nearly a couple of years now since he got injured yet again with Australia.

Personally I prefer Christie playing more central rather than being stuck out wide.

I think we are almost there with personnel for a 3-5-2, but we need a fast, physical left sided CB.
Agreed bud.I said something similar in my doom doom etc post but as well as an imposing left sided centre back I would add a left sided hard case in the middle for the games when silky football is "oot the windae"

Not sure whether I'll ever be calm enough to offer a reasonable opinion on that omnishambles of a clusterfcuk but here goes.

Jullien needs sorting out and in double quick time! Last week, despite it being a 5-1 win, he was a bomb scare at the back, winning the square root of feck all in the air and about the same on the deck.

Elyounoussi had a decent showing last week after failing to impress me on most of his previous outings. He was back to his unimpressive best yesterday. I can't see what the fuss is over this guy at all. Just my opinion but, at present, I'm not a fan. I'd love for him to come good and prove me wrong mind you.

Barkas was solid enough. He handled everything that came his way pretty well for a first outing with new teammates on an p1ss stained rug of a pitch.

Brown didn't have his best game and it might be worth pitching in Soro now and again as he was very impressive during pre season. He's probably got a better engine than Brown has these days, plus he's desperate to make an impact. Brown still has plenty to offer though on most days.

Everyone else was fairly mediocre and couldn't see one that stood out.

Finally, something has to be done by the football authorities, whether it's UEFA or FIFA, something needs to happen when it comes to standardising playing surfaces and conditions.

Tennis, Table Tennis, Squash, Snooker, Pool, Basketball, NFL, Badminton etc etc are all played on standard sized surfaces.

Killie took yards off that pitch in width AND length and refused to water it so that the ball wouldn't run smoothly, therefore producing the worst possible game you could have on that pitch, that day.

We're trying to talk up our game and make it appealing to advertisers and fans alike so surely deliberately trying to SPOIL a game should be abhorrent to most football fans.

We had the same when Hearts refused to cut the grass ensuring a quality game was nowhere to be seen.

Football teams should be made to have pitches at a pre determined size and grass should be cut to a certain length to facilitate playing the game to the highest level at all times!

AND ASTRO TURF CAN KISS MY RING!

Back