Kilmarnock v Celtic match thread

As I watched the game I was also thinking this is the sort of match a fit and in-form Rogic would have made the difference, but we haven't seen him for nearly a couple of years now since he got injured yet again with Australia.

Personally I prefer Christie playing more central rather than being stuck out wide.

I think we are almost there with personnel for a 3-5-2, but we need a fast, physical left sided CB.
At this stage of the season I'd take ntcham over Christie

And for those turning their nose up at signing Fletcher, if he was on the pitch today we would have wo
I can't agree with that fletcher plays well when his team play well hes not a game changer and never has been. With championship clubs willing to pay his wage I say let them we have the money and can do better than fletcher who just wants to tick the box that he played for the club. No this isnt turning my nose up at him but if we can get dembele, eddy, klimala then surely we can get better than fletcher? The board however must mean business no feking about over 200k etc identify your man make a handsome bid and we wont lose out on players to the likes of brest etc, come on Celtic get the money out and PL there will be no hiding place on gods planet you wont be found if you fuk this up

Was in conversation,with the voices in ma heid regarding our performance,we were all in agreement, it was pish, but pretty much standard,previously,we had a sense of relief by scraping wins, it papered over the cracks, that for some reason,we can't perform on artificial surfaces,like a self fulfilling prophecy,we expect to be pish,so we are pish,have any of us expected to see us playing good football at any of these grounds? me and the voices said,naw!,is this filtering through to the players,it's not one or two players who seem to be affected,it's the whole fecking team,every time we play on one of those pitches,having said that,thought Bolingoli played well when he came on🍺🥳

Keep listening to the voices Michael.....they’re on the money 👍

It may be only be a matter of time before more SPFL teams get rid of their grass pitches.....the benefits of doing this is obviously advantageous to teams who fear the drop and apparently more cost effective.....there’s nothing in place to stop this happening.....then what?

One thing we've not mentioned about yesterday is the build up to big Jules giving away that penalty.

Granted it was a clumsy challenge by the big man that gave the ref an opportunity to award it but the whole situation which ultimately led to it happening came about because Jullien was dragged out of position and forced to try and halt an attack coming down an exposed right flank.

(I can hear some people sighing at me bringing this up again but I'm gonnae anyway :LOL:) If we had a proper right back out there instead of wee Frimpong, who was caught too high up the pitch, then big Jules wouldn't have been dragged into that situation in the first place. He would have remained in position and left the RB to shut the Killie player down.

Look I think wee Frimpong is superb going forward and think he would make a cracking winger but he has neither the defensive mentality or ability to play as a RB or WB. He leaves us exposed at the back and it's forcing other players out of position to cover for him.

His attacking mindset means he tends to neglect his defensive duties and that leads to him getting caught too high up the pitch far too often. I've not seen him make a defensive tackle yet always favouring to try and shut the space down instead of making an actual challenge and even if he was in the correct position yesterday he lacks the physique to fend off attacks by big physical players like Kebamba.

I honestly think if Elhamed or any proper RB was on the pitch instead of Frimpong yesterday then big Jules would not have had to come out from the CB position to deal with Kebamba bombing down the right flank and the chances of that penalty situation occurring at all would have been slim to none. Let the wee man challenge Forrest for the RW slot and get either Elhamed or another proper RB in that back 4.

Was shit game am no liking the left back his ball retention and use is fuxkin awful the amount of times he passed to them was unreal was same last time out aswell am not comfy way hin at all maybe hes more of a defender instead of attacking fullback which of true is fuckin useless to us its early days but I hope lenny had a few aces up his sleeves we need freshened up a bit

It may be only be a matter of time before more SPFL teams get rid of their grass pitches.....the benefits of doing this is obviously advantageous to teams who fear the drop and apparently more cost effective.....there’s nothing in place to stop this happening.....then what?
:unsure: john Deere machinery prices drop

:unsure: grass seed becomes cheaper on the open market

:unsure:slidey tackles become folklore

:unsure: monsters come down from the hills

:unsure: spiders stop staring at you from the ceiling ,,,,fkn pervs

:unsure: face masks and toilet roll have double use's

The lists endless when your bored

Radio snyde running 'operation Edouard retrospective ban' for raising his hand and pushing killie player in the face! even though the mib consulted his linesman and awarded a free kick.

I think we all know this will be the season to end all seasons when it comes to ripping in to all things Celtic from every quarter.....Neil Lennon needs to instill and promote a siege mentality within the Club imo.....especially with our players...

I think we all know this will be the season to end all seasons when it comes to ripping in to all things Celtic from every quarter.....Neil Lennon needs to instill and promote a siege mentality within the Club imo.....especially with our players...
Imatim, Scottish media salivating that football is in jeopardy because Bolingoli had a brain fart and went to Spain for a couple of days and did'nt tell anyone! media hysteria being cranked up to defcon 3!

Imatim, Scottish media salivating that football is in jeopardy because Bolingoli had a brain fart and went to Spain for a couple of days and did'nt tell anyone! media hysteria being cranked up to defcon 3!

No surprises at anything they do Michael.....operation stop the 10 is in full flow.....to combat this we have to close ranks and this needs to come from the top.....Lawwell has to show leadership and sign the players we need.....Neil has to instill and continually promote a siege mentality within the ranks of the players and the Support.....it's us against the world.....this is what it's going to take imo.....we have to be seen to stand together as one.....those with misplaced egos and hubris can leave.....it's time for character and determination to lead the way...

No surprises at anything they do Michael.....operation stop the 10 is in full flow.....to combat this we have to close ranks and this needs to come from the top.....Lawwell has to show leadership and sign the players we need.....Neil has to instill and continually promote a siege mentality within the ranks of the players and the Support.....it's us against the world.....this is what it's going to take imo.....we have to be seen to stand together as one.....those with misplaced egos and hubris can leave.....it's time for character and determination to lead the way...
Spot on Imatim,also hun media and their hundits should'nt be allowed anywhere near parkhead,oh, and WTF are our expensive media team doing, Hollicom.... hullo.....

We beat Hamilton 5-1 in the 1st game of the season. THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON!!! then Neil Lennon gives them 4 DAYS OFF. What is going on at Celtic ?
Likely going to be the players only midweek break till Santa comes, they had been pre season training and 4 friendly games prior to that, maybe just maybe Celtic thought a wee break would boost morale, and Boli then blew it, I think your rant at Celtic is misplaced at best.

Members online

Latest posts

Back