Kris Ajer

jinky58

Have the board really moved the goalposts in the Kris Ajer debacle and if so should he now tell the board let me go now or lose me for nothing next year. My opinion he should see out his final year and sign a pre contract come Christmas and get himself a few million signing on fee which would leave Celtic with nothing.

last i heard it was Brenford who offered 12m over 5 yrs with add-ons , quicker we sell him the better ,he's not as good as he thinks he is
I heard it was Norwich who offered the 12 with add ons and brentford who offered the 15. I think that he will go for 18-20 and that'll be a bargain for the club who gets him. Clubs always offer less hopeful of a bargain. The only problem I have is that Celtic have allegedly broken promises yet again.

I heard it was Norwich who offered the 12 with add ons and brentford who offered the 15. I think that he will go for 18-20 and that'll be a bargain for the club who gets him. Clubs always offer less hopeful of a bargain. The only problem I have is that Celtic have allegedly broken promises yet again.
Pretty sure any promises were caveated with “ if we get the right fee” not you can go on a cut price deal. Agent stirring it.
HH

Not so sure the club have broken promises winter, as if any promises had been made then they possibly were made by people who are no longer there which would make any promise invalid imo.
I would be a big fan of ajer and will be sorry to see him go even with the faults that need improving within his own game.
Placing him in a half decent back line and still say you would see his real value.
With many teams now opting for a 3CB and with the pace of ajer he can quite easily break the high press lines which can be a very valuable asset to have within the modern game.
No forward is going to have an easy time playing against ajer imo.
Think his weeknesses were more highlighted last season with having to Marshall a back line at times near enough on his own with the ridiculous defensive set up at times.
Still a big weekness in judging a flight of a ball with set pieces but again with our defensive frailties at set plays, it's hardly fair to signal him out totally for that.
Would say whoever requires his services would be getting a bargain, yet can't see us getting anything above the 15M even if I still think he is worth more due to the current situation.
It's well known he wants to move on, so of course club's will try to take advantage of that.
If a price has been set at 15M then I still say its a fair price for what he can offer a club, and with a big profit in the offering for them in the future.
Glad to see the club not letting him leave on the cheap.

Kris Ajer is a fine footballer and has the potential to go and do something significant in the game.

However - Kelly is bang on, he's not quite as good as he's been led to believe he is. Niall also summed him up pretty well, he's fine when he's going forward with the ball at his feet, but he needs a 30-yard arc when he needs to turn quickly. It's akin to a 24-wheel HGV trying to do a three-point-turn in a cul-de-sac. You can also get a fag paper underneath him when he jumps (which is usually too late anyway), and he has a nasty habit of lunging in and overcommitting himself.

Even when he goes on one of his rampaging runs, he gets caught in three minds at the critical point and it usually fizzled out without any real impact

Apart from that, he's brilliant.

I like kris Ajer as a man and player, but perhaps he wants to tell his agent to clamp it for a bit. To our great cost, we know the board have a history of being obstinate and cutting their nose(s) to spite their many faces, so if he wants his move, perhaps a wee bit of humility and gratitude might be in the best interests of the player and club.

Show pony, shit 30yrd dribbles with no end product impresses no one, keep hearing “he’s got all the tools” well I’ve got a saw, a scalpel and a few clamps, anyone waiting on an operation? I’ll gie yi a guid price fur a homer…..I’ve got aw the tools🤣🤣

Show pony, shit 30yrd dribbles with no end product impresses no one, keep hearing “he’s got all the tools” well I’ve got a saw, a scalpel and a few clamps, anyone waiting on an operation? I’ll gie yi a guid price fur a homer…..I’ve got aw the tools🤣🤣
I need a few inches aff this third leg, BB.........it keeps scrapin against the groond and it's a bugger tryin to find three-legged troosers.

Funny too, because they sell twelve-fingered gloves and one-eyed glasses in Govan, but a cannae find three-legged breeks anywhere???

I need a few inches aff this third leg, BB.........it keeps scrapin against the groond and it's a bugger tryin to find three-legged troosers.

Funny too, because they sell twelve-fingered gloves and one-eyed glasses in Govan, but a cannae find three-legged breaks anywhere???
Nae worries mate, got a blunt axe, I could take a wee bit aff the tap, I’ve got a needle an thread, who’s dickless? could help one of our less fortunate noisers…….any candidates?…….

Don't think there were any actual quotes from Ajer were there??
Anyway, there's no doubt he will leave and if Brentford is who he wants to go to then so be it...better players have left for less than the reported 15million + we will get for him...he's a good player who could have become a great player for us in 3 or 4 years

Have to say I like the big fella. He proved to be immense for us during the BR seasons as he was full of guts and fight. He often drove the team forward and wasn't afraid to get tore in. Last season he went backwards like the majority of the squad and I'm not surprised he wants away. He still has a lot to learn but he wasn't being managed well enough to progress.

£15m + 15-20% sell on clause is a fair price for Ajer given he only has a year left on his contract.£20m + similar sell on clause for Edouard is also reasonable.
For Christie, Ntcham and Bolingoli we'll do well to get £5m for the 3 of them but they should definitely go.
If all 5 still want to go, get the deals done this month and reinvest. We don't want unhappy players at the club, we saw the results of that last season.

£15m for Ajer? If somebody is offering that we should be biting their fucking hand off!

Apart from the fact he's no even worth £15m in the first place he's in the last year of his contract and is desperate to leave anyway. Madness not to take that money and run!

£15m for Ajer? If somebody is offering that we should be biting their fucking hand off!

Apart from the fact he's no even worth £15m in the first place he's in the last year of his contract and is desperate to leave anyway. Madness not to take that money and run!
I think for once we may be buying his replacement first avoiding a hike in price when agents see we've go wedge of cash just in the door. Totally agree If we get a deal at £15mil with a decent chunk of that up front, happy days. I'd take 12.5 with a decent sell on

£15m + 15-20% sell on clause is a fair price for Ajer given he only has a year left on his contract.£20m + similar sell on clause for Edouard is also reasonable.
For Christie, Ntcham and Bolingoli we'll do well to get £5m for the 3 of them but they should definitely go.
If all 5 still want to go, get the deals done this month and reinvest. We don't want unhappy players at the club, we saw the results of that last season.
if we are getting 5 million for those 3 and id imagine 30k wages

I doubt we can reinvest that with 3 players of better quality

Now I agree getting rid of players who arent 100 percent committed is right

but just letting 3 very good players leave for pittance then expecting some kind of better investment is not gonna be easy

All 3 have good standard in europe albeit poorly managed in last couple of years

In this bizarre market unless we can buy better and recoup our costs at least i cant see how you find better players more committed with at least same level of experiuence for 5 million and maybe 30k per week

investment doesnt include throwing money down the pan.

Christie alone would cost approx 5 million
And both ntcham and boli for all their lack of commitment are probably of same standard of import we already cant really afford

Why would next set of investment be more committed after 3 months in freezing scotland playing against weak teams in cold stadiums with no fans

not such an easy task to invest in better players without same risks we have with these 3

And as much as i am into buying scottish ready players i dont think many players in scotland are much better than these 3 dudes

you cant reinvest buttons and get quality and unless we get a massive uplift in income we are already struggling to stay level with our wage bill that our players dont rate.

We need to fix wage budget imo and if that means playing scottish talent then so be it imo

but im no sure it would be an upgrade in those 3

And tbh i thought frimpong was garbage so if he is worth 10M i doubt we can get foreign players in of high enough quality to outgrade those 3 talent

still they do need to go

but imo

if its not at acceptable bids we should just let them rot in reserves until their ciontracts run done to deter further taking piss from their agents

their careers will stall without first team football and if they want play funny buggers then do it in the 3rd team

Back