Kyogo

Lmcbhoy

I felt for the wee man yesterday. He works tirelessly all day, makes attacking runs all day long but other than one over the top attempt by Ralston half way through the second half nobody seemed to try to connect.
I really hope he appreciates that the fans love his work rate and his smiling demeanour and hopefully when Rogic is back he will get the passes his runs deserve, and the goals as well.
Dont get frustrated wee man.
HH

The effort, workrate and industry is phenomenal, mate. I just don't think we play entirely to his strengths.

His game is all about darting runs and finding the gaps, but we're still looking for him to face the ball and take it into feet. He's not a link up man, he's a striker who wants to play facing the goal and darting on to things.

I feel Abada is very similar in that respect and when we play to their strengths (like we did in the first couple of home games), then they look a constant threat.

Whilst we're playing OK, we've gone back to this taking two, three, four and five touches. We have the players to do it in one touch then move, I just don't know why we don't do it more often.

Most of it stems from pussying about at the back and then allowing the opposition to regain their shape. I believe that Celtic should play at three speeds: fast, breakneck and feckin high velocity. Some of our players still think they're footballers and it only ever invites pressure upon ourselves.

Anybody else noticed the amount of cheap shots KYOGO is receiving usually behind the play.....it looks like he’s being singled out for special treatment.....there’s also an orchestrated move on to brandish him as a diver which I’m expecting the MIB to pick up on sometime soon.....they really do fear the wee man...

What a team player. Always working hard and getting stuck in no matter the punishment he receives. They really do fear him so much that there is a definite orchestrated campaign to brand him as a cheat and a diver. Again yesterday I noticed lots of posts sharing videos of him highlighting his "cheating" when the video clearly shows him being slapped in the puss!

I wonder if the players we have available are suited to a different formation than Ange's preferred 4-4-3? I think a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 or even a 4-4-2 is better? That might change after the January window.

What a team player. Always working hard and getting stuck in no matter the punishment he receives. They really do fear him so much that there is a definite orchestrated campaign to brand him as a cheat and a diver. Again yesterday I noticed lots of posts sharing videos of him highlighting his "cheating" when the video clearly shows him being slapped in the puss!

I wonder if the players we have available are suited to a different formation than Ange's preferred 4-4-3? I think a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 or even a 4-4-2 is better? That might change after the January window.
Been thinking that myself BB, but can't see that as an option mid season imo.
We already seem to change to a 451 in Europe without the ball and a 4231 in the spfl now without the ball.
And yet with Rogic available we are like a 442 without the ball, so think that shows that we have tighten up hugely without the football but in turn leaves us as not as potent in an attacking sense now.
With a new team still in operation and at how quickly games come around, it leaves such little time to make changes and why would Ange need to, all the while we are getting the results still?
On the bigger picture of things, could well see a change in formation and that could depend upon what players we bring into the club on a permanent basis.
The squad still remains fairly light imo, on how Ange wants to set the team up especially with the players he has available still, including the one's out injured still.
January should give us a far better indication as to what are Ange plans for the future and just how backing the board are prepared to actually give him still.

Celtic supporters always appreciate players who give their all running down lost causes to put pressure on etc. Its why even kenny miller was accepted ( mostly) he also gave his all and the same for Ralston hes another. We appreciate that kind of shift and let our feelings known if we think theres a slacker. I also think that Abadas wee run that's not been as good as his start at Celtic has affected Kyogo something hopefully that will change plus Forrest returning ( as someone else said) will help HH

Just imagine a big lump of a lad like a Sutton or a Hartson?

Wee Furryhashcake feeding the munchies off the scraps.........yum yum yum

The effort, workrate and industry is phenomenal, mate. I just don't think we play entirely to his strengths.

His game is all about darting runs and finding the gaps, but we're still looking for him to face the ball and take it into feet. He's not a link up man, he's a striker who wants to play facing the goal and darting on to things.

I feel Abada is very similar in that respect and when we play to their strengths (like we did in the first couple of home games), then they look a constant threat.

Whilst we're playing OK, we've gone back to this taking two, three, four and five touches. We have the players to do it in one touch then move, I just don't know why we don't do it more often.

Most of it stems from pussying about at the back and then allowing the opposition to regain their shape. I believe that Celtic should play at three speeds: fast, breakneck and feckin high velocity. Some of our players still think they're footballers and it only ever invites pressure upon ourselves.
Totally agree SP, such a fantastic player we are blessed to have.
Agreed that kyogo and abada have suffered without the slide rule pass Rogic is capable of doing while on the run and picking out them gaps within a back line, especially one's that play so deeply, which most of them do.
Could we do with the big man for kyogo to play off and give him more opportunity's with 2nd balls? I believe so, but that would possibly involve having to change the formation of the team, as BB pointed out, so sadly can only see kyogo feeding off scraps still, but with his workrate, enthusiasm and eye for goal with his limited opportunities of late, still remains such a huge player for us still imo

Totally agree SP, such a fantastic player we are blessed to have.
Agreed that kyogo and abada have suffered without the slide rule pass Rogic is capable of doing while on the run and picking out them gaps within a back line, especially one's that play so deeply, which most of them do.
Could we do with the big man for kyogo to play off and give him more opportunity's with 2nd balls? I believe so, but that would possibly involve having to change the formation of the team, as BB pointed out, so sadly can only see kyogo feeding off scraps still, but with his workrate, enthusiasm and eye for goal with his limited opportunities of late, still remains such a huge player for us still imo
Great points as usual mt but I find it disconcerting that we rely too much on rogic we need another Turnbull isnt yet at rogic level yet but I'm sure he will be in time but time is against us HH

Great points as usual mt but I find it disconcerting that we rely too much on rogic we need another Turnbull isnt yet at rogic level yet but I'm sure he will be in time but time is against us HH
Still a developing team as yet winter imo, I actually thought Rogic was as good as finished with the club and delighted to have been proved wrong.
Turnbull and Rogic both have valuable assets to our team, but with the likes of kyogo, Jota, abada and Forrest then Rogic would be a more important player for them imo, yet I do like Turnbull as a player.
Still think there is room still within the squad for the creative player to help the workload of the midfield and give us another dimension in an attacking sence still and one the likes of kyogo can benefit even more so

Still a developing team as yet winter imo, I actually thought Rogic was as good as finished with the club and delighted to have been proved wrong.
Turnbull and Rogic both have valuable assets to our team, but with the likes of kyogo, Jota, abada and Forrest then Rogic would be a more important player for them imo, yet I do like Turnbull as a player.
Still think there is room still within the squad for the creative player to help the workload of the midfield and give us another dimension in an attacking sence still and one the likes of kyogo can benefit even more so
Agreed and McCarthy isnt it not yet anyway

Imagine Jota just playing behind a two up top?

The wee fella would create panic, mayhem and total chaos in equal amounts.

Not the biggest fan, but some big mo'fo like Dykes would mean we could go 4-4-2 and rip teams to shreds with plenty of options to change it up if necessary

Not the biggest fan, but some big mo'fo like Dykes would mean we could go 4-4-2 and rip teams to shreds with plenty of options to change it up if necessary
I like the idea of freeing Jota to operate where he feels he can be most effective - based behind the front two but able to go either wing or up through the middle.

I had hoped Giakoumakis would be that battering ram forward but it hasn't really happened for him yet and he is unavailable again.

Pity the boat with dykes on board has sailed as since hes signed for QPR what wouldve been a £2-3 million deal would now be £15 for starters and we wont pay that not a chance not a jot(a) of a chance

Back