Larsson was better than Johnstone......

As much as I admire Larsson there was simply no one to compare with Johnstone.

I feel really sorry for all of you that never got to witness Jinky in full flight.

To me Larsson was clinical but Jinky was simply magical.
Do you know what I really admire about both of them, mate?

Neither one of the them made any proclamations about 'greatness' or being 'better than' anybody else.

Very different men, but still both very humble lads who let their football do their talking.

Have been fortunate to see Jinky, Connolly, Larson and Dalglish.
Dalglish always was and still is for me my greatest Celt. I was devastated when he went to Liverpool.
But they were all class And bhoy didn’t they all do their share of our history.
im happy with any answer in reality and just pleased to have shared the last 50 plus years of Celtic, first with my dad and now with my two sons, and whisper it even my daughter.
As Ange says it’s a generational thing and every generation will have their own ghods
HH

Have been fortunate to see Jinky, Connolly, Larson and Dalglish.
Dalglish always was and still is for me my greatest Celt. I was devastated when he went to Liverpool.
But they were all class And bhoy didn’t they all do their share of our history.
im happy with any answer in reality and just pleased to have shared the last 50 plus years of Celtic, first with my dad and now with my two sons, and whisper it even my daughter.
As Ange says it’s a generational thing and every generation will have their own ghods
HH
I was 7 when Kenny went to Liverpool and I remember crying because my Da' was devastated at the news.

At that time, Liverpool walked in our shadow. They'd won the European Cup prior to Kenny signing, but they were merely a bookmark in the history of football.

New fans come and new fans go. Money comes and money goes. Players may come and players may go, but NOTHING IN THIS WORLD WILL CHANGE THE SIMPLE FACT........THAT CELTIC ARE HERE FOREVER.

Great question, and with only actually witnessing Henrik play, I should really opt for him as still the best player I've ever seen in the hoops Jersey.
However, as its impossible to compare players on ability from such different eras and with both playing in different positions and roles for there teams, then I can only make a comparison based on there achievements they gained for there teams.
So would we have won the European Cup and the 1st 9iar without a Jinky within the team?
Couldn't answer that question myself
Now, I don't believe that without Henrik we would have stopped the 10 or earned a Saville either.
Henrik was the ultimate hunskelptot of all time imo, and after such a period of gloom totally transformed the club that bought so much joy to us all this century to date and still ongoing, with many players trying to bring as much joy to us as Henrik did, and a worthy title of the "King of King"
So possibly Jinky would just edge it imo, but Henrik has given me the most pleasure in watching the hoops, and the misery impacted upon hun scum
Great question

Ok.. controversial I know...but for me, Larsson is the greatest most influential Celtic player I have seen in 40 years of following the mighty tic..I asked my dad God rest his soul who was the greatest ever celt and without hesitation he pronounced "Larsson" no question... forget any lion, Larsson is/was a one man machine....is there anyone who can counter??
Easy Jinky by miles yes The King was a fantastic player probably one of the very few who would have gotten in that Team
Apart from the fact he was outside the 30 mile exclusion zone. Seen both but only Jimmy J got ma heart beating and ma pulse racing like crazy at the sheer breathtaking fuck me pink brilliance and for sheer Bravery the Spanish Thug game didn’t once say no to the ball.
he had skill and the courage of the LION he was and the Team he played for became
Jimmy Johnstone Celtic’s Greatest ever

HH 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

The deciding factor shouldn't be who scored the most goals or won the most trophies it should be who would you rather go on a bender with?

Given that Henrik comes across as a couple of appletisers and early bed type a guy it has to be Jinky.

A night out with Jinky in his prime would have been a fucking belter, if you could remember any of it! 😹

The deciding factor shouldn't be who scored the most goals or won the most trophies it should be who would you rather go on a bender with?

Given that Henrik comes across as a couple of appletisers and early bed type a guy it has to be Jinky.

A night out with Jinky in his prime would have been a fucking belter, if you could remember any of it! 😹
Yeah, that's all fair and well, Hoopy, but I can't feckin swim!!!

You're no gonna catch me on row boats to America, so on that basis, I'll take Henrik's shandy tops to Jinky's 40oz meltdown.

Members online

Latest posts

Back