Last night

David Potter

Maybe last night was the turn of the tide. There was a buzz and enthusiasm about the place. Sunday is important, but it is vital to realise that it proves very little. It neither wins us the League nor loses us the League. There are another 34 games to go after this one! It's main effect would be psychological - but that is very important as well. But the points you get for beating St Mirren are the same as what you get for beating Rangers!

While I agree with the sentiment, I think we both know Sunday has more than the 3 pts at stake. By this I mean it can shape a players season or in some cases their Celtic career . A hat trick or even winning goal from the bench can propel a player on their way to greatness Or conversely a few mistakes that cost us a victory or even worse confine us to a defeat can in the worse case scenario end a Celtic career there and then, Ian Andrews anyone. So let’s not underestimate Sunday and what it means in the grand scheme of things.

It could be pivotal in the same way the first game of the MON era was .. don't give them any air to breathe smother them at rebirth

Funnily enough, it was the Ian Andrews horror show I was thinking of. We took 10 years to recover from that one! And I would hate to think that a defeat on Sunday might lead to a "Rodgers Must Go" campaign! But yes, let's win it and set a pointer for the season.

Members online

Latest posts

Back