Lawwell’s Best Ever Window

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Surprise surprise, Charlie Nicholas is talking absolute crap again - this was indeed an excellent transfer window (but why do we always have to leave things until the very last day?). I'd be surprised if we start Laxalt against sevco as I don't think he has played any game time since before the lockdown, so that would be a very big ask for his to come in out of the cold for such an important game. Maybe his presence will help Ntcham settle down, as I think he has struggled since losing his pal Boyata.

I agree that Christie seems to be getting a harder time than necessary - mainly due to his Dad's comments and a feeling that he was going to leave us. Now he only needs to stop with the 20 speculative shots from outside the box which end up in row Z in every single game - pick and choose your opportunities. Also, stop overhitting dead balls, or else leave them to someone else to take.

Surprise surprise, Charlie Nicholas is talking absolute crap again - this was indeed an excellent transfer window (but why do we always have to leave things until the very last day?). I'd be surprised if we start Laxalt against sevco as I don't think he has played any game time since before the lockdown, so that would be a very big ask for his to come in out of the cold for such an important game. Maybe his presence will help Ntcham settle down, as I think he has struggled since losing his pal Boyata.

I agree that Christie seems to be getting a harder time than necessary - mainly due to his Dad's comments and a feeling that he was going to leave us. Now he only needs to stop with the 20 speculative shots from outside the box which end up in row Z in every single game - pick and choose your opportunities. Also, stop overhitting dead balls, or else leave them to someone else to take.
Your correct thats a big problem for us at the moment we tend to float balls in speculate that somebody will get on the end of it can remember when teams would fight hard not to commit a foul or concede a corner to us Now they know we don't create much danger from these ie 10 corners Sun not one on target

Best window we've had in years but is it due to no one wanting to spend rather that not selling, no one knows we're this covid is going to end so they are keeping their money for rainey days in the future, cos you never know when it is going to piss down the revenue clubs are losing through gate money, ect is eye watering celtic alone will have lost about 7 million for the europa ties alone

Your correct thats a big problem for us at the moment we tend to float balls in speculate that somebody will get on the end of it can remember when teams would fight hard not to commit a foul or concede a corner to us Now they know we don't create much danger from these ie 10 corners Sun not one on target
They were all aimed at Duffy you would think the takers would mix it up a bit put a few near post or even low balls in

Its been a brill window regardless of what negative spin from huns and their cheerleaders like Charlie Nicholas ,try to imply .. After champions league exit we all expected a Big player or two to leave especially in Covid times but that never materialised ..Im excited by our team especially when everyone is fit..Obtuse Charlie said we are weaker this season than last ? Not sure how he came to that conclusion so quickly but ill judge as quickly as he has with the following >>>>>>>

Barkas v Forster ............. Early days but id still take Forster
Laxalt v Boil ............. Id choose Laxalt going by his pedigree and we all know how useless Boli was
Duffy v Jozo. ............. Duffy as injuries curtailed what Jozo could have been
Turnbull v none out..... Turnbull and we lost noone in midfield which was a huge bonus
Ajeti v Bayo ................... Ajeti clear winner as hes capable of scoring goals
Eli v None out .............. Getting Eli back gives us plenty of options and we know he will come good

Apart from keeper its been all positive especially holding onto Eddie etc..We have the squad , now we need to up performances and maintain results ..Well happy with our transfer business :)

PS On an unrelated subject , im excited to see huns accounts when they are forced to reveal then..I think there is a common consensus that everyone including their fans are wondering where the money is coming from..They have previous for spending money that they DONT have but NO journalist has been asking questions, just like last time tbh ..

Its been a brill window regardless of what negative spin from huns and their cheerleaders like Charlie Nicholas ,try to imply .. After champions league exit we all expected a Big player or two to leave especially in Covid times but that never materialised ..Im excited by our team especially when everyone is fit..Obtuse Charlie said we are weaker this season than last ? Not sure how he came to that conclusion so quickly but ill judge as quickly as he has with the following >>>>>>>

Laxalt v Boil ............. Id choose Laxalt going by his pedigree and we all know how useless Boli was
Duffy v Jozo. ............. Duffy as injuries curtailed what Jozo could have been
Turnbull v none out..... Turnbull and we lost noone in midfield which was a huge bonus
Ajeti v Bayo ................... Ajeti clear winner as hes capable of scoring goals
Eli v None out .............. Getting Eli back gives us plenty of options and we know he will come good

Apart from keeper its been all positive especially holding onto Eddie etc..We have the squad , now we need to up performances and maintain results ..Well happy with our transfer business :)

PS On an unrelated subject , im excited to see huns accounts when they are forced to reveal then..I think there is a common consensus that everyone including their fans are wondering where the money is coming from..They have previous for spending money that they DONT have but NO journalist has been asking questions, just like last time tbh ..
last years accounts are more important the ones that have gone missing for some reason with the help of the sfa

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww Jeez, here I come to piss on the parade again. I'm being a bit petty, but perhaps the squad is TOO big and it might have been prudent to offload one or two biggish earners who aren't really part of the plans.

I know we cut Joso and Jonny, but a few million for some lads who aren't likely to make or break our season wouldn't have gone amiss either. Big fan of Olly when his head's on straight, but he's as much use as clay's knob when he's not at it. Hopefully, Big Tam is on the road to recovery and still has something to prove. If not - then it's a big outlay on wages for little in return.

It will only be regarded as a great window if all of our signings make a positive impact, otherwise we haemorrhage more money during a period of financial uncertainty and face a lot of tough questions about outgoings in the winter window.

Decent enough window........time will tell if it was a great window.

My take on where the money coming from is debt through future player payments and hoping that the mystery guarantors remain unrevealed.

they are gambling the massive bubble from sky boosted leagues means their gamble of buy now pay later allows the mystery investors to get their money back in future.

This requires covering huge yearly losses through mystery backers and winning stuff to garner attraction to the big bubble leagues.

But its more than high risk.

It requires investment from clandestine high risk gamblers.

Its based on pre financial crash false investment jiggery pokery

No lessons have been learned

denial is still rampant.

it can only work if the bubble outside Scottish football buys into the value of their system, which is illusionary, but illusion is possible.

they have been run by masonic wizards of illusion since the last club was formed and died and pretends it cannot die.

The accounts are not open

They are imo hiding losses Enron style in special purpose vehicles

But it can work

but the risks are over entire Scottish game whereas the benefits are for one club, sevco, assuming it works. if t fails it will bring entire Scottish game into the abyss, imo.

a very sevco way of fairness

they could have run their new club with prudence and courage and temperance and justice.

they would, imo have had a club to be proud of. which builds on its intrinsic value added long term growth.

they chose high risk to get there quicker

they choose hidden accounts rather than transparency

they chose self interest at potentially expense of game collapse

they use other peoples money to build castles in france based on smoke and mirrors

based on the myth that their team values are equal to other leagues who get bungs from sky and that means their players are worth same as players in bubble leagues. false.

the mystery investor/s lose money short term (probably, imo tax scammed money) with high risk hope the bubble grows rather than bursts before they sell their players to pay their investors back their short term losses.

worst news is tufa and sfa and their warped court system allow this scam to go on, probably coz it buys them castles in france in mean time.

but you need to be in the hidden accounts gang with its protectors to get into that game.

I am happy with the additions to team

hopeful they are good enough to win league and fingers crossed good run in all cups.

would have loved an upgrade in cm but maybe thats just being greedy

the left back looks like a very solid hope

cf has better options

cb has good experience

keeper looks good to me.

I am happy with the additions to team

hopeful they are good enough to win league and fingers crossed good run in all cups.

would have loved an upgrade in cm but maybe thats just being greedy

the left back looks like a very solid hope

cf has better options

cb has good experience

keeper looks good to me.
TET, that's a more than well thought out premise, but neither is it an unachievable gambit on their part either.

In effect, they only really have two obstacles to overcome: Celtic and their own sense of entitlement.

There's a puncher's chance that the co-efficient may get that second Champions League spot and that could be the launchpad to start getting them out of the red and into the black. However- there is a third roadblock and that is the comprehensive audit that UEFA will demand for an 18-24 month period. There's more holes there than there are in their authentic castore replica kits.

TET, that's a more than well thought out premise, but neither is it an unachievable gambit on their part either.

In effect, they only really have two obstacles to overcome: Celtic and their own sense of entitlement.

There's a puncher's chance that the co-efficient may get that second Champions League spot and that could be the launchpad to start getting them out of the red and into the black. However- there is a third roadblock and that is the comprehensive audit that UEFA will demand for an 18-24 month period. There's more holes there than there are in their authentic castore replica kits.
yes but is the audit by passable or genuinely independent?

do certain teams get a pass through handshakes and secret agreements.

I hope your right.

but these powers are already here, just not enforced under spirit of current so called rules.

I give you Man City

if they are kosher no skullduggery is blocked imo

Aye, yer man Nicholas, another fuckin Tadger getting paid tae make crass & unfounded comment's about the clubs transfers dealings. Well he's nailed his colours tae post, with his comments. Aye, he's nowt but a fuckin Tadger. GYTF Charlie.

Think it's been a decent window, decent sized squad, competition for places in all area's,
☘️HELLO HELLO 10 IN A ROW,☘️
☘️HELLO HELLO 10 IN A ROW☘️

Aye, yer man Nicholas, another fuckin Tadger getting paid tae make crass & unfounded comment's about the clubs transfers dealings. Well he's nailed his colours tae post, with his comments. Aye, he's nowt but a fuckin Tadger. GYTF Charlie.

Think it's been a decent window, decent sized squad, competition for places in all area's,
☘️HELLO HELLO 10 IN A ROW,☘️
☘️HELLO HELLO 10 IN A ROW☘️

Pay back time @ Christmas: sorted £35.00 to the coffers hope others take up the historic merchandise (Peter told me to say that).

leigh-griffiths-11548370818linojlrkjf.jpg

Craigie

Well-Known Member​

Moreloss
We received a bid that the club did not deem satisfactory. It makes a welcome change from being dazzled by the first offer that comes along for our players.

Only time will tell if it is the correct decision should any further bids be received in the coming windows.....................................................

Meanwhile in the real world Sevco have issued new shares worth more than £8m, according to documents submitted to Companies House and

Members online

Latest posts

Back