Lawwell out

Ally

Imo we need a change of ceo. Lawwell through his time in charge has taken us as far as he can. What do others think I would be interested in your comments. HH ☘️

I think initially our anger falls at PL’s door but before we really start calling for his head we need to really know how much input Dermot Desmond has. I reckon he was instrumental in getting BR in so I’m pretty sure as the majority share holder he sees the facts & figures so must have some control over PL.

I think there’s always a fear of because of the money restraints in Scottish football of not wanting us to fall into the mess that the rotten mob fell into.That aside I’ve always felt after Seville we seem to take a huge leap forward but then an even larger one back. In 2003 we gotto the UEFA Cup Final and after that never invested. Porto then went on to win the European Cup and we got knocked out at the group stage. I’m not saying we’d win it but thinking back a better keeper & possibly a defender would have done us that season.

Bayern Munich came to Parkhead and played for a draw and we were 8 minutes away in Munich from getting a result. Then the Gordon Strachan era, Champions League last 16 twice and his last season they wouldn’t give him money for Steven Fletcher and we lost the League.

Neil Lennon came in and done another great job but in the end yup Wanyama,Hooper and Forrester left and we never replaced them. Again history repeating itself, BR never got backed in the summer, I know the jury's still out on his signings but the money he’s brought in through the Champions League should hold some clout.

My thoughts were positive pre-season, strengthen, get in the CL and go for 3rd, then go again next season, strengthen,compete for 2nd and hopefully be getting to the point were we go straight in. But all this seems to be dead again.

The Champions League nights have always been the best, the night we beat Man U was unbelievable as was the night we beat AC Milan with the last kick of the ball, the stadium was rocking that night and I mean that literally. You attract the best players as well through participation in CL. The non-strengthening in 2003 will haunt me forever but we need to be sure, how much input has Mr.Desmond got?. HH

To Lawwell Celtic is a business, he disnae get it, Walfrid would be spinning, the fans know what Celtic are all about, the board don't seem to give a phuq, it's all about money and the "global brand".

For the club to move forward both Desmond and Lawwell have to go. Both treat us and the successful managers they eventually have to employ like idiots. They feed themselves these days. We have been the biggest fish in the pond for years. Now we are struggling to float, but money in the bank. It's mismanagement at its worst. negligence at best.

There is a total disinterest in the last few years to engage the corruptness that's ruled football. It's like the Celtic board are bought and paid for. Money talks I guess, or not.

Imo we need a change of ceo. Lawwell through his time in charge has taken us as far as he can. What do others think I would be interested in your comments. HH ☘️
I agree Ally, he is more interested in his bonuses than improving the team. I have never forgiven him for not spending the money and buying Steven Fletcher from Hibs, thus giving the league title to Rangers in Gordon Strachans last season.
We should be building from a position of strength, Lawwell has never done this, as well as filling his own pockets, he is just carrying on with the same tradition that has happened with Davie Hay, Billy Mc Neill and Martin O'Neill.

I think we should get rid of the mason garbage talk thats spouted first and then the next port is to lobby shareholders and interest groups and ask them what they are getting or think they are getting. The guys who asked questions before are still to be found online, but heres a thing, some of the celts for change brigade are also making a pretty penny with other Celtic streams open to them now so who really will rock the boat for the ordinary fans. Selling out is easy.
Celtic mark 125th anniversary with service at spiritual home of St Mary's in Calton
Celtic anniversary.jpg

Lawwell is the CEO and has cost is in the transfer market but he is part of a board and while he may do most of the dealings the board have to sign off on them as a collective it's not all down to him alone. I think he would be better spending his time bringing in the sponsorship deals and having someone else dealing with the transfers. This season the team aren't playing anywhere near their capabilities do the fall out over the transfer window looks to have disrupted them as well.

lawell is the CEO and has cost is in the transfer market but he is part of a board and while he may do most of the dealings the board have to sign off on them as a collective it's not all down to him alone. I think he would be better spending his time bringing in the sponsorship deals and having someone else dealing with the transfers. This season the team aren't playing anywhere near their capabilities do the fall out over the transfer window looks to have disrupted them as well.
Lawwell will be the last man standing at Paradise. As far as business is concerned he's doing a grand job but we aren't interested in dividends because dividends don't win matches, leagues or cups.

Historically all our managers leave due to getting the team far enough then not getting money to strengthen further.

The worrying thing is that the support at times are buying into well theres no money and we have no chance of affording quality.

Yet we had king of kings, dembele and many other players signed for buttons and the world knew our Larsson’s quality

Its clear there is a vote of no confidence in BR spending, until thats addressed how are we going to move forward pal?

It was pointed out to me yesterday by a well meaning fan on here just how difficult it is to get rid of a board member and i know he was right even although my stubborness did not wish to accept that.

I do not like PL and like you my good friend i wonder if lack of ambition will decimate our club quicker than a mason.

I want the best leadership for my team and for our team to get back to beautiful exciting winning football again. I want them fighting for the jersey and club.

HH bestie ☘️

Lawwell will be the last man standing at Paradise. As far as business is concerned he's doing a grand job but we aren't interested in dividends because dividends don't win matches, leagues or cups.
That's where most of the problems are as a p!c it has to be run like a business whereas we as fans are glad the club is making money and being well run we do expect them to reinvest a large portion of that into the team in players that can come straight into the team but our board seem to prefer the model of but younger to sell on which is a good idea with one or two but you still need most of the team to be counted on season after season

Last edited:
Personally I think Lawwell is taking a lot of slack that BR and his “talent” spotter should b getting. When you look at the books, they get money, they waste it on rubbish. We’ve not bought a player worthy of the first team since last summer. It’s not Lawwells fault (mcginn aside) that they don’t understand the type of market that celtic should b shopping in.

I think initially our anger falls at PL’s door but before we really start calling for his head we need to really know how much input Dermot Desmond has. I reckon he was instrumental in getting BR in so I’m pretty sure as the majority share holder he sees the facts & figures so must have some control over PL.

I think there’s always a fear of because of the money restraints in Scottish football of not wanting us to fall into the mess that the rotten mob fell into.That aside I’ve always felt after Seville we seem to take a huge leap forward but then an even larger one back. In 2003 we gotto the UEFA Cup Final and after that never invested. Porto then went on to win the European Cup and we got knocked out at the group stage. I’m not saying we’d win it but thinking back a better keeper & possibly a defender would have done us that season.

Bayern Munich came to Parkhead and played for a draw and we were 8 minutes away in Munich from getting a result. Then the Gordon Strachan era, Champions League last 16 twice and his last season they wouldn’t give him money for Steven Fletcher and we lost the League.

Neil Lennon came in and done another great job but in the end yup Wanyama,Hooper and Forrester left and we never replaced them. Again history repeating itself, BR never got backed in the summer, I know the jury's still out on his signings but the money he’s brought in through the Champions League should hold some clout.

My thoughts were positive pre-season, strengthen, get in the CL and go for 3rd, then go again next season, strengthen,compete for 2nd and hopefully be getting to the point were we go straight in. But all this seems to be dead again.

The Champions League nights have always been the best, the night we beat Man U was unbelievable as was the night we beat AC Milan with the last kick of the ball, the stadium was rocking that night and I mean that literally. You attract the best players as well through participation in CL. The non-strengthening in 2003 will haunt me forever but we need to be sure, how much input has Mr.Desmond got?. HH
To my knowledge DD is on phone every day to PL.. Rem when DD brought in Martin O'Neil the ceo at the time I think it was Alan Mcdonald was on his way to Spain to get Hiddink..DD got involved then. So I'm sure DD is involved even if it's only by phone, DD is aware of the day to day running of our club. HH ☘️

To my knowledge DD is on phone every day to PL.. Rem when DD brought in Martin O'Neil the ceo at the time I think it was Alan Mcdonald was on his way to Spain to get Hiddink..DD got involved then. So I'm sure DD is involved even if it's only by phone, DD is aware of the day to day running of our club. HH ☘️
If they get us back to winning ways and start to resemble the Celtic we know and the Celtic that is commented on worldwide and admired by foorballers who come to our staduim and just produce a standard expected that at least shows an effort to punch above our weight then the board and others will have an easy nights sleep. Mistakes happen in every walk of life keep repeating and it becomes negligence.

Personally I think Lawwell is taking a lot of slack that BR and his “talent” spotter should b getting. When you look at the books, they get money, they waste it on rubbish. We’ve not bought a player worthy of the first team since last summer. It’s not Lawwells fault (mcginn aside) that they don’t understand the type of market that celtic should b shopping in.
Mic Rodgers must take the flak for bringing in Congerton as talent spotter. Imo congerton couldn't spot two hippos in breeding season. Since he's came the players in have not been celtic class. Now Lawwell part in this is to provide money for players. Imo the money provided is getting us low quality. Brendan needs more quality to work with. In life if your washing machine is not doing its job properly and is beyond repair you go out and buy a new one. Same with players if they can't perform to celtic standards then you change at next transfer window. HH ☘️

Mic Rodgers must take the flak for bringing in Congerton as talent spotter. Imo congerton couldn't spot two hippos in breeding season. Since he's came the players in have not been celtic class. Now Lawwell part in this is to provide money for players. Imo the money provided is getting us low quality. Brendan needs more quality to work with. In life if your washing machine is not doing its job properly and is beyond repair you go out and buy a new one. Same with players if they can't perform to celtic standards then you change at next transfer window. HH ☘️
Are you saying a new washer wont shrink to fit an inferior washing machine.ol HH

Same with players if they can't perform to celtic standards then you change at next transfer window. HH ☘️

If they cant perform to Celtic standards they should never have been bought. Quite a few BRs picks (or is it Congertons) have, to be honest, been disappointing.

Same with players if they can't perform to celtic standards then you change at next transfer window. HH ☘️

If they cant perform to Celtic standards they should never have been bought. Quite a few BRs picks (or is it Congertons) have, to be honest, been disappointing.
Rodgers has to work with hands tied behind his back every transfer window. Congerton left Sunderland to the absolute delight of their supporters, they couldn't get rid of him quickly enough. Rodgers must take the flak for his appointment. I know as Celtic supporters we all have differing opinions on our club. We all can see what's wrong but it's how we fix the problems that we differ. There is no support worldwide like the Celtic support for being so in love with our club history and traditions. We always give to the needy desperate and homeless. We are the greatest fans in the world.Its our way of life that's why imo when something goes wrong at our club we take that personally. HH ☘️

Peter Lawwell has been CEO for 14 years. He has seen Martin O'Neill, Gordon Strachan, Tony Mowbray, Neil Lennon, Ronny Delia and now Brendan Rodgers as managers and publically at least has had a good relationship.

Desmond as major Shareholder calls all the bid shots and trusts PL to do his will. DD has up'til now backed Lawwell.

He has in his time been reported as having several offers of big jobs at Arsenal, Man City and more with massive increases in salary and bonuses. He has stated he wants to stay at Celtic.

Examine the records we have won 10 titles only losing the 4 titles to a cheating Rangers. However, the pressure Celtic placed on the cheating Rangers on and off the field resulted ultimately in them overstretching and going into Liquidation. Celtic on field and off field performances having overhauled Rangers.

Now some credit is due to PL role in this. In the midst of our titles run we have developed Lennoxtown, overhauled the stadium and its environs and made big plans for the Hotel and the museum. While he can only take reflected credit for the Football side it is the commercial performance where he is entitled to get big credit. Record turnover underpins the excellent commercial performances.

Indeed it appears that he has also being quietly working in the ECA to improve Celtic profile among the big clubs in Europe which might result in us being able to leave this little country behind as the only Scottish club at the future big table.

Now he is not perfect and justified criticisms include a failure in communications to the support and a reluctance to speak with the media. Brendans resent criticism of his role in failing to agree contracts with Brendans targets. Many have also criticised his silence on the Sevco debacle but I am sure there is more to come on that.

DD, PL and the Board are a save pair of Hands and we are 7 titles along on the way to 10 in a row, to me, this is not the time to be changing key individuals. If we fail on the road to 10 then that is the time to change the characters not before.

Brendan has said he is here for 10 and I am sure that DD and PL and the Board are also committed

Members online

Latest posts

Back