Lawwell out

Rodgers has to work with hands tied behind his back every transfer window. Congerton left Sunderland to the absolute delight of their supporters, they couldn't get rid of him quickly enough. Rodgers must take the flak for his appointment. I know as Celtic supporters we all have differing opinions on our club. We all can see what's wrong but it's how we fix the problems that we differ. There is no support worldwide like the Celtic support for being so in love with our club history and traditions. We always give to the needy desperate and homeless. We are the greatest fans in the world.Its our way of life that's why imo when something goes wrong at our club we take that personally. HH ☘️
How do we actually know Congerton is a failure? Couldn't it be that he has identified some class players but Lawwell has vitoed them and we've had to make do with second. ..possibly third choice aquisitions. I just feel he's an easy target, but what he's actually done or not done isn't in the public domain to make a qualified judgement.

How do we actually know Congerton is a failure? Couldn't it be that he has identified some class players but Lawwell has vitoed them and we've had to make do with second. ..possibly third choice aquisitions. I just feel he's an easy target, but what he's actually done or not done isn't in the public domain to make a qualified judgement.
HH Odd son, Congerton has previous at Sunderland where the fans had parties to celebrate his leaving. I know he's worked with Brendan before and Brendan wanted him at celtic, it is not working for him and I for one would have wanted John Park to have stayed in his position as head of scouting. I don't know who Congerton has recommended to Brendan, but there seems to be schism in how we go about transfers. Someone at the club knows the full SP. But is not telling the supporters, we have a right to know but still the club treats us as if you need to know then you will be told. Imo the directors and Supporters liaison officer have signed the official secrets act. Lol. HH ☘️

HH Odd son, Congerton has previous at Sunderland where the fans had parties to celebrate his leaving. I know he's worked with Brendan before and Brendan wanted him at celtic, it is not working for him and I for one would have wanted John Park to have stayed in his position as head of scouting. I don't know who Congerton has recommended to Brendan, but there seems to be schism in how we go about transfers. Someone at the club knows the full SP. But is not telling the supporters, we have a right to know but still the club treats us as if you need to know then you will be told. Imo the directors and Supporters liaison officer have signed the official secrets act. Lol. HH ☘️
That is about the size of it. Public Limited Company - but very little PUBLIC about it ???

They maybe a safe pair of hands but they’re failure to support the manager in the pre-season has cost us a champions league place.That alone is worth a minimum of £25 million & I reckon it’s undone the good work the managers done over the past 2 seasons in Europe.I thought we’d build on the previous 2 seasons,get third & then next season build again & go for a second place finish & the last 16.If the board don’t have that ambition we don’t get the good manager or better quality players it’s that simple.I also feel it’s had a knock on effect on our League performances,dropping 7 points & some very poor performances aren’t what we’d hoped for at the start of the season.HH

But what Congertons actually done and not done in the past is! And it more than suggests that someone has made a mistake employing what is highly likely more a bit of a chancer.

The Problem with looking for absolute definitive proof is that seldom if ever exists.
Because no baby was ever born talking an element of doubt will always remain on any questions we have. All human knowledge is acquired and evolved from yesterday, evolved from the acceptance of previous beliefs most if not all of which are eventually proven false or incorrect to high degree over time.

So while we can never be absolutely certain there is not one of the little people who switches off the light in our fridge and another who's sole role in life appears to be collecting one of our socks, we can look at the consistent evidence and suggest another more likely cause.

So yes much like those no-lose-but-get-paid-regardless-lawyers we can continually raise elements of doubt against the likely evidence that Congerton is a chancer, that the former semi-pro blagged and learned on the job for his new career as a scouting data systems analyst. We can not be absolutely certain at this moment in time that what he is / possesses is not the best scouting system ever and is possibly just a misunderstood genius.
We can only look at the most recent consistent evidence from a fair number of years that more than suggest he could well be a overpaid chancer who has consistently joined and left clubs in air of mystery and dissatisfaction and clubs worse off player wise if not financially and league position wise than was the case before his employment.

The problem for us is he looks like BR's man, I suspected he was but was not certain of the events up to employment, hence my question on Lee Congerton.

Last edited:
To Lawwell Celtic is a business, he disnae get it, Walfrid would be spinning, the fans know what Celtic are all about, the board don't seem to give a phuq, it's all about money and the "global brand".
You're 100% right mate but to be fair all professional football is a business these days. It's not something I'm comfortable with but there's no other way to compete unless the club treat it like a business. That said they shouldn't take fans for granted either.

Genuine question...given our supposed wage bill, would 2/3 seasons of not qualifying for the Champions League not eat up most of our money in the bank? Because the way UEFA are pushing things, our CL days may be numbered.

I know it's a 2 way street as we need to spend some money to make money (by qualifying for the CL or buying good young players & selling them on for 2/3 times the fee) but given the lack of TV revenue in the SPFL I can sometimes understand why the board are cautious.

That said, as pointed out not signing the likes of Steven Fletcher & more recently McGinn always seems criminal.

Who knows, maybe a change from Lawwell would be a positive step...

Historically all our managers leave due to getting the team far enough then not getting money to strengthen further.

The worrying thing is that the support at times are buying into well theres no money and we have no chance of affording quality.

Yet we had king of kings, dembele and many other players signed for buttons and the world knew our Larsson’s quality

Its clear there is a vote of no confidence in BR spending, until thats addressed how are we going to move forward pal?

It was pointed out to me yesterday by a well meaning fan on here just how difficult it is to get rid of a board member and i know he was right even although my stubborness did not wish to accept that.

I do not like PL and like you my good friend i wonder if lack of ambition will decimate our club quicker than a mason.

I want the best leadership for my team and for our team to get back to beautiful exciting winning football again. I want them fighting for the jersey and club.

HH bestie ☘️
We bought Larsson for 600k & Dembele for 500k. Finding players of their quality for that price is something that only happens every few years at best. Finding players of that quality for even 7/8 times that price is very tough.

I get your point but easier said than done.

You may just have a point thereAllybhoy.

We bought Larsson for 600k & Dembele for 500k. Finding players of their quality for that price is something that only happens every few years at best. Finding players of that quality for even 7/8 times that price is very tough.

I get your point but easier said than done.

I thought larsson was something like 380,000 approx. Cant remember but not impossible to get gems ☘️

There definitely are gems but in general you only find a player of Dembele's calibre every few years at best. You find player's of Larsson's calibre once in a lifetime...or maybe never again.

The board have definitely made mistakes but at the same time we reportedly have a hefty enough wage bill & a lot of fans don't take into account.

There definitely are gems but in general you only find a player of Dembele's calibre every few years at best. You find player's of Larsson's calibre once in a lifetime...or maybe never again.

The board have definitely made mistakes but at the same time we reportedly have a hefty enough wage bill & a lot of fans don't take into account.

Would you agree with how many players are not in the plans or not of suitable calibre that the wages hefty as they are collectively, are then down to poor management on PL part?

Would you agree with how many players are not in the plans or not of suitable calibre that the wages hefty as they are collectively, are then down to poor management on PL part?
Some players yes but that will always happen to some extent at any club. However keeping players like Tierney, Rogic, McGregor, Forrest etc...even if it's only for another season or 2...costs us a lot in wages. That's just a price of our own success & isn't the board or the management's fault.

I just feel a lot of people don't account for the lack of SPFL TV money against our wage bill. It's easily manageable if we're getting into the CL every year...even every other year...but the way UEFA want things is they're squeezing the smaller countries out. It's a difficult position to be in & our board have to accommodate for that.

I think the management of the squad is down to Brendan. he agrees who gets new contracts and who doesn't. He has the first say and the final say on who we sign. Brendan has the say on who stays or goes out on loan. I don't know that Peter Lawwell has a say unless there is a transfer bid for a player. Maybe Congleton is involved in advising agents on who is available.

Was John Park chief scout who brought us Wanyama and Van Djik, and Rogic? If so, then it was an act of extreme folly to replace him.
Hail Hail fae PRD.

Some players yes but that will always happen to some extent at any club. However keeping players like Tierney, Rogic, McGregor, Forrest etc...even if it's only for another season or 2...costs us a lot in wages. That's just a price of our own success & isn't the board or the management's fault.

I just feel a lot of people don't account for the lack of SPFL TV money against our wage bill. It's easily manageable if we're getting into the CL every year...even every other year...but the way UEFA want things is they're squeezing the smaller countries out. It's a difficult position to be in & our board have to accommodate for that.

I know a bargain isn’t a bargain if you don’t need nor use it.

But yeah agree on uefa point and of course good players like kt etc should expect decent pay.

We’re nowhere near counting the rammies though.

Spend some of it ffs or our TEN is getting a show of i can’t be bothered from those that should and could do better.

HH Belfast pal ☘️

To Lawwell Celtic is a business, he disnae get it, Walfrid would be spinning, the fans know what Celtic are all about, the board don't seem to give a phuq, it's all about money and the "global brand".

Unfortunately that's the world of football. Finance is King...we have more than everyone in Scotland but not in Europe....I think Lawwell does get it...he's a fan as well as an employee....

I know a bargain isn’t a bargain if you don’t need nor use it.

But yeah agree on uefa point and of course good players like kt etc should expect decent pay.

We’re nowhere near counting the rammies though.

Spend some of it ffs or our TEN is getting a show of i can’t be bothered from those that should and could do better.

HH Belfast pal ☘️
Aye I agree the board should spend a little more than they have for definite. I know they feel they have to be careful given how UEFA only want the big countries to make the big money & given the demise of that other lot from Govan...but still they should have forked out the extra cash for the likes of McGinn!

HH Maria ? ?

Unfortunately that's the world of football. Finance is King...we have more than everyone in Scotland but not in Europe....I think Lawwell does get it...he's a fan as well as an employee....

Soz bw, ah don’t think so. MD was spot on. HH ☘️

Back