League Cup Final - Celtic v the Rangers, Beautiful Sunday 8 December - all comments here

According to the Biased Broadcasting Corporation, it is 8 years since 'Rangers' last won a major trophy. I wonder if, as licence payers, we could all complain to Ofcom about the unwillingness of the BBC to be honest.
Trying to send a complaint to the BBC... it won't even send when I click on submit - is it set up to block complaints about Sevco to get back in the good books???

"I wish to complain about the reference in the article entitled "Scottish League Cup final win more important to Rangers than Celtic - Steven Pressley" to "Rangers last won major silverware in 2011 when they beat their Old Firm foes to a league and League Cup double." This article is deliberately misleading. Rangers went into liquidation in 2012. A company, legally, is an entity like a person and once it dies (ie is liquidated) it ceases to exist. It cannot come back from the dead.
If you check Companies House you will see that THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB P.L.C. (under the guise of RFC 2012 P.L.C.) was incorporated on 27th May 1899 and it ran until 14th February 2012 when it entered administration. Administration lasted until 31st October 2012 when compulsory liquidation was commenced: therefore, it went from administration to liquidation.
The current iteration, THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED, was incorporated on 29th May 2012 under the name SEVCO SCOTLAND LIMITED. Please refrain from referring to “the last time Rangers won a major trophy” since it has never won a major trophy in the seven years of its existence.
For my licence fee, I think I am entitled to expect the BBC to report accurately and factually: this is neither.
If the BBC does not wish to address this, I shall direct my complaint to Ofcom instead."

Hope it's a good game of football not marred by honest mistakes and sendings off . Not a game that you could predict the score . Would like to think we will get a few . We have so much pace throughout our team even big Fraser can shift . Their defence is there for the taking Helander wont cope with French Eddie . A lot of the pundits are talking them up but as Broonie said we do our talking on the pitch

Trying to send a complaint to the BBC... it won't even send when I click on submit - is it set up to block complaints about Sevco to get back in the good books???

"I wish to complain about the reference in the article entitled "Scottish League Cup final win more important to Rangers than Celtic - Steven Pressley" to "Rangers last won major silverware in 2011 when they beat their Old Firm foes to a league and League Cup double." This article is deliberately misleading. Rangers went into liquidation in 2012. A company, legally, is an entity like a person and once it dies (ie is liquidated) it ceases to exist. It cannot come back from the dead.
If you check Companies House you will see that THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB P.L.C. (under the guise of RFC 2012 P.L.C.) was incorporated on 27th May 1899 and it ran until 14th February 2012 when it entered administration. Administration lasted until 31st October 2012 when compulsory liquidation was commenced: therefore, it went from administration to liquidation.
The current iteration, THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB LIMITED, was incorporated on 29th May 2012 under the name SEVCO SCOTLAND LIMITED. Please refrain from referring to “the last time Rangers won a major trophy” since it has never won a major trophy in the seven years of its existence.
For my licence fee, I think I am entitled to expect the BBC to report accurately and factually: this is neither.
If the BBC does not wish to address this, I shall direct my complaint to Ofcom instead."
I have no doubt mate that the BBC have some set up which will deny any and all non complimentary info in regards to sevco..
They have been trying for so long to get back into the good books at ipox there is not a lot they wont do to acheive that,even if that includes withholding public information..
You are probably right Neil when you say you will direct your complaint to ofcom because that is what needs to be done in this country when it involves Celtic football club..
We must be the only team in any country who has to go outside their country to get justice for their club..
Even our own CEO finds it difficult to be honest with our supporters,,if we cant get honesty from our own what chance do we have from outsiders..

HH.

I have no doubt mate that the BBC have some set up which will deny any and all non complimentary info in regards to sevco..
They have been trying for so long to get back into the good books at ipox there is not a lot they wont do to acheive that,even if that includes withholding public information..
You are probably right Neil when you say you will direct your complaint to ofcom because that is what needs to be done in this country when it involves Celtic football club..
We must be the only team in any country who has to go outside their country to get justice for their club..
Even our own CEO finds it difficult to be honest with our supporters,,if we cant get honesty from our own what chance do we have from outsiders..

HH.
I even avoided mentioning Celtic or pandering to the blue pound just so they couldn't use that argument. (I have since tried to complain that it wouldn't let me complain and that wouldn't send either. The Beeb is hopeless! Now I will have to send a letter instead.)

Radio clyde tried it also, with a historic result if they win as it will be 9 years since they last won it.
If they, been same team, won it 9 years ago then their is no new history and therefore a 9 year gap is not historic, simply put 9 years was also not that Rangers of olds first historic win of the trophy.
If they are a new club ( which they are as above OP) then most definetly history in the making the first major trophy for a new club.
Cannot have it both ways to hype up a game creating lies and myths.

Members online

Latest posts

Back