League Cup Final - Celtic v the Rangers, Beautiful Sunday 8 December - all comments here

I'm listening to a real load or rubbish on BBC Radio Scotland at the moment from Tom English and even Michael Stewart who normally talks sense. Why are we hearing nothing about a heroic 10 men performance against 11? Ten Men won the League Cup! They couldna' beat 10 men!
They just can't bear to give us any credit at all, can they? I'm not surprised that the arse English is gibbering nonsense, but Michael Stewart is usually the lone voice of reason on the BBC. Their hurt just makes it all the sweeter for us.

He should have been done for that and for bringing the game into disrepute by saying the match was fixed. May his appendage go septic and fall off.
Mind you, if Morelos really is saying the match was fixed, then surely him missing a penalty strongly suggests he was complicit in it and should be investigated. He is so thick he doesn't realise he has just grassed himself up for cheating (poor Lee Wallace never even got the chance to clipe on him).

So much for a clinical analysis from you lot 😁😁 I watched the highlights, read the reports and decided to assess it masel'. Earlier in the season (Livi v Celts I think) I posted my fear of honest mistakes costin' us the trophies this season and by fuck that has fairly manifest itself already. So my thoughts on the Foster final. 1. I was hoping the pitch inspection would lead to a postponement - The conditions were never going to suit players like Forrest,Elyonoussi, N'Tcham, Morgan etc. ( Run with ball at feet)
2. Would we have to risk players not fully match fit - Elyonoussi, Hayes, Griff Boli etc
3. How lenient might the officials be to the Huns
4. Would Eddie be fit
What I saw !!
14 fouls Morelos - Not even a yellow for persistent fouling ( They don't even feel the need to kid on about a retrospective ban)
Red card Morelos - Deliberate assault on Julienne
Red card Arfield - Both feet off ground for tackle on Christie
A physically commited hun eleven with a good degree of skill v a Celtic squad carrying a couple of empty jerseys due to fitness/conditions
Definite penalty for them but I might debate the red card.
Some disagreed when I argued the case for players like Hayes but what a classic case of a player with the heart for a battle in the SPL environment and you'll probably shoot me down but I would definately acquire a few more SPL warriors like Cosgrove, Turnbull, even big Ikpeazu for the physical rough and tumble ( I really like wee Morgan but he was like a tiny tot getting banged about )
All in all a great victory against the odds but They were decent so lets not get carried away with ourselves and stay focused !! 😁😁😁😁

So much for a clinical analysis from you lot 😁😁 I watched the highlights, read the reports and decided to assess it masel'. Earlier in the season (Livi v Celts I think) I posted my fear of honest mistakes costin' us the trophies this season and by fuck that has fairly manifest itself already. So my thoughts on the Foster final. 1. I was hoping the pitch inspection would lead to a postponement - The conditions were never going to suit players like Forrest,Elyonoussi, N'Tcham, Morgan etc. ( Run with ball at feet)
2. Would we have to risk players not fully match fit - Elyonoussi, Hayes, Griff Boli etc
4. Would Eddie be fit
What I saw !!
14 fouls Morelos - Not even a yellow for persistent fouling ( They don't even feel the need to kid on about a retrospective ban)
A physically commited hun eleven with a good degree of skill v a Celtic squad carrying a couple of empty jerseys due to fitness/conditions
Some disagreed when I argued the case for players like Hayes but what a classic case of a player with the heart for a battle in the SPL environment and you'll probably shoot me down but I would definately acquire a few more SPL warriors like Cosgrove, Turnbull, even big Ikpeazu for the physical rough and tumble ( I really like wee Morgan but he was like a tiny tot getting banged about )
All in all a great victory against the odds but They were decent so lets not get carried away with ourselves and stay focused !! 😁😁😁😁
Moreloss on Frimpong when wee guy squared up should have seen Moreloss booked, he puched into the wee fellas back and then ran away when confronted.

4. Would Eddie be fit
What I saw !!
I think the 14 fouls stat for Morelos is for his 3 appearances in the League Cup this season rather than just the final (according to the ESPN Stats page). I counted 8 fouls, 3 dives plus the deliberate stamp on Jullien's Achilles, plus several shows of clear dissent towards the officials with his tantrums snd hissy fits. And yet not even a yellow card, never mind a red!?!?!

The red for Frimpong was harsh and it's vety unusual to concede a penalty plus get sent off these days.

No doubt to me that Arfield's two footed lunge straight through the back of Christie was a straight red. Plus Goldson's brutal hack on Eddy was premeditated to try to injure him and Aribo's late foul on Hayes was a deliberate attempt to reduce us to 9 men.

It was clear they would have done anything at all to win that cup no matter how illegal (just like their extinct predecessors).

I've been banging the drum for Hayes on here for over a year now - definitely an essential squad player who will do whatever the manager asks him to do.

Back