League Titles We Won in the MON Era

BILLCOWIE1958

Not wanting to bring back unhappy memories but I have been thinking about the the 2 League Titles that we didn't win under MON 2002/3 and 2004/5 both of which we lost in the dying minutes of the final League matches of the season and by the slightest of margins

Of the 2 I find the latter the most hurtful and hardest to take The former although just as hurtful came at the end of a season where we won absoloutely NOTHING and the HUNS Won a TREBLE but it felt as though we had done brilliantly by way of our progress during our successful run to the UEFA CUP FINAL in Seville just 4 days prior to losing out on winning the League Championship

As things stand we are on 49 League Titles with the 50th teasingly close to our grasp and the HUNS are on 54 and 'GOING FOR 55' but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen

My point is that had we won the League Titles in 2002/3 and 2004/5 which we really should have done we would now be on 51 Titles with the 52nd just waiting to be secured and the HUNS would also be on 52 Titles

Misfortune Carelessness our perennial ability to miss spot kicks or ex Celtic keepers coming back to haunt us were all contributing factors to our inability to win both of these Titles I'm hoping that no such complexities feature in the final 5 games of this season's League run in or indeed the Scottish Cup Final

As a Club I think we are in much better shape than our opponents are although perhaps not as good a side as we were back in the early/mid noughties when the HUNS were indulging in their EBT cheating era and basically buying success that they could not legally and fairly afford or really have any sporting or integrity based entitlement to

So let Lenny who was involved as a player in both of these seasons remind our players over these upcoming final 6 matches of the season and describe to them 1st hand the hurt and pain he'd have felt and ensure that there are no slip ups as we look to secure the TREBLE TREBLE and hunt down OLDCO's trophy haul which they erroneously claim made them the 'WORLD'S MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB'

We know that their assertions are pish and the inane ramblings of deluded hurting idiots but once we overtake them in the Trophies Won Stakes that's another claim that they won't be able to pronounce and will make their despair pain and bitterness all the harder for them to bear

HH?

I often find myself thinking about those two titles and also WGS's last season and Lenny's first full season, Bill.

The games that really hacked me off in 2003 were when we lost with the last kick of the game at Swinecastle and when we were 6-1 up (going on 10) against Dundee. Switched off in the last minute of both games and lost goals that lost us a point at the diets and a title by 1 goal.

MON's last season was a bit of a tragedy, because when we beat the huns at their place, that was a 7 point lead we threw away over 4 games!

Injury time winner for the huns and failure to beat Hibs cost Strach 4-in-a-row.

Big Sammy missing a pen against them, daft defeats to Motherwell and Caley and every other sides arse collapsing when they played them cost us a title in Lenny's first season.

We know now as well that they were cheating their tits off through that entire era, but it still doesn't make it any easier to stomach.

I'm sure that you are absolutely correct when you suggest that Lenny will have everybody ramped up for the run-in. We know that the sheep are going to kick the shit out of us as some kind of retribution. We know the diets will kick the shit out of us because they loathe us and also in an attempt to take half our squad out for the final. We know not to expect any favours from Hibs or Killie and we're absolutely certain of the fact that the huns are going to do everything in their (and the officials) power to fuck us over.

6 Cup Finals between now and the end of the season, Bill.......Lenny potentially managing for his future, I'm sure he'll be up for the challenge

I often find myself thinking about those two titles and also WGS's last season and Lenny's first full season, Bill.

The games that really hacked me off in 2003 were when we lost with the last kick of the game at Swinecastle and when we were 6-1 up (going on 10) against Dundee. Switched off in the last minute of both games and lost goals that lost us a point at the diets and a title by 1 goal.

MON's last season was a bit of a tragedy, because when we beat the huns at their place, that was a 7 point lead we threw away over 4 games!

Injury time winner for the huns and failure to beat Hibs cost Strach 4-in-a-row.

Big Sammy missing a pen against them, daft defeats to Motherwell and Caley and every other sides arse collapsing when they played them cost us a title in Lenny's first season.

We know now as well that they were cheating their tits off through that entire era, but it still doesn't make it any easier to stomach.

I'm sure that you are absolutely correct when you suggest that Lenny will have everybody ramped up for the run-in. We know that the sheep are going to kick the shit out of us as some kind of retribution. We know the diets will kick the shit out of us because they loathe us and also in an attempt to take half our squad out for the final. We know not to expect any favours from Hibs or Killie and we're absolutely certain of the fact that the huns are going to do everything in their (and the officials) power to fuck us over.

6 Cup Finals between now and the end of the season, Bill.......Lenny potentially managing for his future, I'm sure he'll be up for the challenge

I take the point about Strachan's inability to achieve 4 IAR and our capitulation against ICT under Lenny in 2010/11 but the fact that 2002/3 and 2004/5 failures were in the dying minutes of those seasons makes it so much harder to bear Especially as we were already celebrating beating Motherwell 1-0 prior to the Skippy Factor emerging

HH?

Not wanting to bring back unhappy memories but I have been thinking about the the 2 League Titles that we didn't win under MON 2002/3 and 2004/5 both of which we lost in the dying minutes of the final League matches of the season and by the slightest of margins

Of the 2 I find the latter the most hurtful and hardest to take The former although just as hurtful came at the end of a season where we won absoloutely NOTHING and the HUNS Won a TREBLE but it felt as though we had done brilliantly by way of our progress during our successful run to the UEFA CUP FINAL in Seville just 4 days prior to losing out on winning the League Championship

As things stand we are on 49 League Titles with the 50th teasingly close to our grasp and the HUNS are on 54 and 'GOING FOR 55' but don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen

My point is that had we won the League Titles in 2002/3 and 2004/5 which we really should have done we would now be on 51 Titles with the 52nd just waiting to be secured and the HUNS would also be on 52 Titles

Misfortune Carelessness our perennial ability to miss spot kicks or ex Celtic keepers coming back to haunt us were all contributing factors to our inability to win both of these Titles I'm hoping that no such complexities feature in the final 5 games of this season's League run in or indeed the Scottish Cup Final

As a Club I think we are in much better shape than our opponents are although perhaps not as good a side as we were back in the early/mid noughties when the HUNS were indulging in their EBT cheating era and basically buying success that they could not legally and fairly afford or really have any sporting or integrity based entitlement to

So let Lenny who was involved as a player in both of these seasons remind our players over these upcoming final 6 matches of the season and describe to them 1st hand the hurt and pain he'd have felt and ensure that there are no slip ups as we look to secure the TREBLE TREBLE and hunt down OLDCO's trophy haul which they erroneously claim made them the 'WORLD'S MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB'

We know that their assertions are pish and the inane ramblings of deluded hurting idiots but once we overtake them in the Trophies Won Stakes that's another claim that they won't be able to pronounce and will make their despair pain and bitterness all the harder for them to bear

HH?

The Dangers of over stretching or concentrating on Europe, same happened to the dead club in their final of shame, also on for a treble and ended up winning sfa.
At one point think they were some way ahead in the league, we scraped the league
So wgs missing out on 4 was hard to take, but in some context we got some fortune to get the 3, then again in context of their tax dodging, more their bought luck was starting to run out.

Even the English clubs and their domino billions seldom to never achieve both domestic and European titles.

The Motherwell game was an extremely sore dig!
Still have it tattooed on the inside of me skull forever! We should have put them out their misery in that first half n been party mode.
Devastated!
Me too pal. Some defeats left me sad, others angry but that one just floored me and left me numb for days like an unexpected death of a loved one. Hadn't felt that way since Partick beat us in the 71 league cup final. Memories eh?

As I understand it the new huns are on 0! The old huns, the ones that got liquidated had 54, although at least 8 were achieved using a now proven illegal payment method.
So lets get that straight. New 'The Rangers' 0 Premier leagues, 0 League Cups, 0 Scottish Cups.
You're welcome.

As I understand it the new huns are on 0! The old huns, the ones that got liquidated had 54, although at least 8 were achieved using a now proven illegal payment method.
So lets get that straight. New 'The Rangers' 0 Premier leagues, 0 League Cups, 0 Scottish Cups.
You're welcome.

Aye and one of the ones the first rangers "won" was actually a tie ,so 53 n a half it is and never to be added to, infact it might even get reduced if they grow a set at hamdump ever.

Love telling them that one then watching them google it, tossers.

Members online

Latest posts

Back