Leipzig v Celtic - All comments here

So how are we feelin' about this one folks ? My own thoughts are that I would take a draw right now.
I do believe we'll score. Not so sure about the back door though, especially if the rock doesn't make it.
Still, it's another cracking' game to look forward to.
Have to agree Frank we need to be tight at the back. And a draw would be a great result. Would love all 3 but that’s the Heart not the Head.
Mon the Hoops

HH 🍀

Hope for the win , always and our performances away in Europe have been not too shabby going forward at least.

Should we get a draw over there and 2 pts from 2 away games that's got to be seen as positive.
Would give us an opportunity for reaching the 8 points tally with two home games to come.

Think the 3 clubs in our group probably saw us as the weakest link until that display changed their minds against Madrid.
Now I'm sure they're as wary of us as any other club in the group.

Have a feeling this could come down to how many of our chances were able to convert.
If we can take the chances our play will no doubt offer up then we have every chance of coming away with something.
I expect them to be better than they were against shakhtar who I think they maybe underestimated.

Also the fact they've had little joy against clubs from Glasgow will hopefully play on their minds a bit.
To think were even considering the possibility of progression through this group is a testament to angeball as who'd have seen this after 6 league games played last season? Not me.

Take our chances is a must as weve learned quickly.
Do that and anything's possible.
Defence is a concern, if CCV is fit, is he up to speed?
Would he play 90min?

Got to be confident about It, I'd rather see us have a go than how that mob secured their 0-0 with the anti-football approach, that's not in this Celtic side's DNA.

League form goes out the window in Europe where our form has been decent , yes I'd take the point gladly but having seen how we raced into the lead in Leverkusen last season and how weve matured since, I'm quietly optimistic that we can do something in this game.

2-3 Celtic, attacking football wins the day.
Mon the hoops HH 🍀

Draw would be a great result and set us up for the 2 home games. 3rd place and Europa League football post Xmas would be good, 6 points at home, irrespective of tomorrow night could be enough for 2nd.
Wouldn't take a risk with CCV, I'd leave him out and ensure he is fully fit for the ridiculous run of games up to the World Cup break.
Abada unlikely to play either as Yom Kippur begins tonight and lasts 24 hours. Hopefully GG is fit for a place on the bench.

Likely starting 11
Hart
Juranovic Welsh Jenz Taylor
O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Maeda Kyogo Jota

Draw would be a great result and set us up for the 2 home games. 3rd place and Europa League football post Xmas would be good, 6 points at home, irrespective of tomorrow night could be enough for 2nd.
Wouldn't take a risk with CCV, I'd leave him out and ensure he is fully fit for the ridiculous run of games up to the World Cup break.
Abada unlikely to play either as Yom Kippur begins tonight and lasts 24 hours. Hopefully GG is fit for a place on the bench.

Likely starting 11
Hart
Juranovic Welsh Jenz Taylor
O'Riley McGregor Hatate
Maeda Kyogo Jota
Big GG trained today mate so he's fine

Just seen on ssn that big ccv never trained today troops so he's gonny be out unfortunately
Ange said previously there would be less training for the team though it still looks unlikely, Ange has not once ruled him out of this game.
We can but hope , still I have always thought this match will come down to who scores the most.
I'll settle for any win or draw 6-7 Celtic

Backs to the wall it tends to focus the mind.if ccv and starfelt are both out our defence needs to be on thier game from the 1st minute.im sure ange will do what he does best and that's talk and motivate and have the team up for this as he does every game even the last 2 games that were on the scrapy side.another thing going for us is the referee he's not from Scotland who sups in the local hun hole.

Members online

Latest posts

Back