LENNON BEEN OFFERED THE JOB!!

I like John Kennedy, and think Damien Duff was a good appointment. They are both progressive, and seem very hardworking.

Like most of the fans - getting a Benitez type would have been incredible, but it’s what we do going forward that matters.

Lennon has to surround himself with the right people, - I’d be pretty disappointed if he brought Garry Parker back for eg. It’s not about having his mates/yes men by his side, but about having the people with the highest standards.

The recruitment, sports science etc is paramount.

Lawwell has done a lot of good, but the bottom line is he’s capable of anything, and I don’t fully trust him. He won’t be forgiven if we don’t get the 9/10.
I'm still hoping there is scope for a Director role in there. Dealing with recruitment, contracts, sports science etc and letting Lenny just get on with coaching and motivating. He needs that help. No distractions just the football please Mr Lawwel. You just stick to the money Peter, bit of distance please, bit more hands off.

Cheers and thank you for the kind words saw one of your earlier posts where you mentioned your Dad. Sorry for your loss. Lost my Mother 7 years ago still miss her everyday.
But I thank both my parents for the way I was
Raised not to hate try to respect each and everyone. Not always easy don’t like Fascism
Or right wing bigots. Or Bigotry.
But Fuck me it’s great to be a Tim today and everyday. Mon the Hoops YNWA.

HH ☘️?

They did a grand job pal for sure. Wish i was that good ??.

Still ano with certain people its easy for me to be good. With others i need to try and theres a minority that i will never try with coz i want to set them on fire and no amount of trying will ever change that.

But am happy knowing who i am and my faults ???

No one is saying NFL is the best man for the job, the best man for the job is either Pep or Klopp, but Lenny is the right man for the job, he is the man who will galvanise the team next season when we will come against dark forces who will strive to sour the taste of our jelly and ice cream.
Any huns lurking and thinking we have made a mistake are in for a shit load of pain when the Lurgan Bhoy wins the league for the next 2 years, Lenny will prove the doubters wrong and I for one am going to enjoy the ride, chill out Glasbhoy, I've wakened up drunk from yesterday's celebrations with 2 uneaten buttered rolls in my bed and a bag of chips on the floor, and after sinking too many pints last night I have a hangover that was spawned in hell by the devil himself and I've never been happier. We're making history mo chara, and it feels great???
You obviously didn't hear or read the PL statement "There’s no better candidate, and Neil has earned the right to be the permanent manager of Celtic, based on our recent performances and also who he is as a manager.”
so are you happy with the recent performances at Celtic under NL.
we got lucky yesterday in the final. To big mistakes cost hearts. Remember Neil Lennon was lagging behind Ally Mccoists Rangers in the Craig White season until Naismith got injured.
its like the SFA appointing McLeish. It's going to be a long , hard slog of a season next year. We will be lucky to win the league. His record in cup competitions is crap

James Forrest and the like seemed to genuinely think Mourinho, Rafa Benitez, AVB etc. was a genuine possibility. Absolute moonhowlers - now they're crying on this day of all days about Lennon being named manager. These people will never be happy. They actually slag Celtic off more than some huns.

When you get a guy who still writes wishful thinking utter shite, about how sevco are about to fold every week for the last seven years, I tend to ignore anything they say.

If he actually thought that either Rafa or Mourhino were coming, it doubles down on my assessment of his opinions.

Between him and Philmabootswaypish , they are the worst doom merchant predictors I have ever encountered.

We need to close ranks now. I would have preferred someone else, but it’s done now. He and the board need to do something rarely seen. Identify and secure quality to keep us ahead. I trust our board the same way I would a starving grizzly in my tent.

If we are still fucking about in the ten bob bins for players halfway through the CL qualifiers I wouldn’t be shocked. It’s they pricks all over.

I hope I’m pleasantly surprised. My breath won’t be held though. They never inspire confidence.

Good luck Neil, you’re going to fucking need it, combined with Indiana Jones to help find that bastard Tin.

James Forrest and the like seemed to genuinely think Mourinho, Rafa Benitez, AVB etc. was a genuine possibility. Absolute moonhowlers - now they're crying on this day of all days about Lennon being named manager. These people will never be happy. They actually slag Celtic off more than some huns.
To read some of the shite gettin spouted u would think we had gave sally Mcoist the job ffs wats that song again “we are Celtic supporters faithful thru and thru”.

I'm glad the circus around the new manager has been dealt with. Although NFL was not my first choice I will back the manager. The board have been first class in appointing him right away let's hope they back him and get the players in and out we settle the squad and march to 9

Now that Lenny is officially in place, next season I'll look forward to buccaneeering football, not the centre halves passing it between themselves for most of the game; seeing strikers on the field every week; making European teams fear Celtic Park, not being habitually embarrassed by the Rat's vain dogmatism.

Hail hail ✊?

To read some of the shite gettin spouted u would think we had gave sally Mcoist the job ffs wats that song again “we are Celtic supporters faithful thru and thru”.

People have a right to their view. An overwhelming maj didn’t want Neil. Not because we disliked him, but because we just don’t think he can make us a force. His tactics and playing players who had been shite was a worry.

Also everybody knows the transfer budget will be less now. No top manager would accept what Neil will. Being faithful through and through doesn’t include taking every decision and shutting up. We are where we are because we fail to act for too long and slide. That’s awful leadership. And it deserves to be called out.

Sevco wanted his appointment. Sevconians in the press wanted this too. That tells a story. We can only hope that decisions to keep Burke on at Ibrox, and play Johnston won’t be required with signings coming in. But, it was awful judgement and if that doesn’t worry people, then they are blinkered to reality.

He’s here now. Let’s see how both he and the board perform. Wether it was the correct decision will be apparent in the CL qualifiers. If we don’t invest though, no manager could succeed. I just hope the board realise we need to and crush Sevco. Getting the £65m from qualifying for the CL ends them. Failure and they are right in the hunt. Over to you PL. back your bhoy.

You obviously didn't hear or read the PL statement "There’s no better candidate, and Neil has earned the right to be the permanent manager of Celtic, based on our recent performances and also who he is as a manager.”
we got lucky yesterday in the final. To big mistakes cost hearts. Remember Neil Lennon was lagging behind Ally Mccoists Rangers in the Craig White season until Naismith got injured.
its like the SFA appointing McLeish. It's going to be a long , hard slog of a season next year. We will be lucky to win the league. His record in cup competitions is crap

Let's give the man a chance, that's what I mean G, give him a transfer window or 2, you are spot on about the recent performances, but our levels were dropping under Rodgers before he done a moonlight flit, NFL came in and steered a ship that was already taking on water and increased our lead in the league by a point, he has delivered the cup, the game at the bigotdome was a shocker, nobody is denying that, but we can't judge NFL until January at the earliest, he only wants us to do well and with his history at the club I think we should cut him some slack, The Verdict mentioned in an earlier post that this will mean less money going into the squad, every chance he's right with that, I'm thinking the same thing myself, but that's why we are not announcing a moonbeam manager, we are tightening our belt because we have an eye watering wage bill that needs slashing.
I put my my cards on the table and called for Lenny to get the job early doors when the first poll on Celtic noise appeared a few months ago, mainly because he suits us the best in our current financial state, everybody goes on about how much money we have in the bank, but the players aren't playing for free, I feel the board are getting nervous about not qualifying for the champions league and this is why we are cutting our cloth accordingly, and for that reason I back the man from Lurgan to the hilt mate.

What part have you still got the blinkers on for!!

He has not plsyed his style because he had a couple of prima donnas used to BR style so he had to go with that to keep the dressing room in order to get us over the line.

He did that.

He has stated clearly and categorically that the style will change now as will personnel.

What bit are you incapable of grasping??

Now that Lenny is officially in place, next season I'll look forward to buccaneeering football, not the centre halves passing it between themselves for most of the game; seeing strikers on the field every week; making European teams fear Celtic Park, not being habitually embarrassed by the Rat's vain dogmatism.

Fantastic post ???

Hail hail ✊?

We got lucky??? What game were you watching??

The " shite getting spouted" is what i call other peoples opinions which i think is correct and a healthy thing. Theres a difference between faith and blind faith.
Best not to disrespect peoples opinions even if you dont agree. It's a good thing.
HH?

People have a right to their view. An overwhelming maj didn’t want Neil. Not because we disliked him, but because we just don’t think he can make us a force. His tactics and playing players who had been shite was a worry.

Also everybody knows the transfer budget will be less now. No top manager would accept what Neil will. Being faithful through and through doesn’t include taking every decision and shutting up. We are where we are because we fail to act for too long and slide. That’s awful leadership. And it deserves to be called out.

Sevco wanted his appointment. Sevconians in the press wanted this too. That tells a story. We can only hope that decisions to keep Burke on at Ibrox, and play Johnston won’t be required with signings coming in. But, it was awful judgement and if that doesn’t worry people, then they are blinkered to reality.

He’s here now. Let’s see how both he and the board perform. Wether it was the correct decision will be apparent in the CL qualifiers. If we don’t invest though, no manager could succeed. I just hope the board realise we need to and crush Sevco. Getting the £65m from qualifying for the CL ends them. Failure and they are right in the hunt. Over to you PL. back your bhoy.
Everyone has there own points of view I agree with you 100%, but when has the thoughts of sevco fans and the Sevconian press influenced our decisions??? Fuck them and all that they stand for. Hail! Hail!

I'll back Lenny because quite clearly I have to. I'm concerned. He had a mini run at Bolton if I remember right and praise was given to the way him and mjallby had fixed the defence. It didnt last. He had a good spell at hibs for a bit and it didn't last. I honestly expected more considering the attacking players he had at his disposal there. Rolling on to his appointment with us again I wasn't seeing much to fill me with confidence. We knuckled down and got the job done thankfully. He said he didn't change much and kept the same style. I'd disagree. I noticed far more hit and hope crosses going into the box and very little link up play through the middle. Part of that is down to Rogic being pants, Christie out and Calmac being played deeper. I didn't see the need for it. Calmac or Timo could of been used in an advanced roll as options for an out ball all teams had to do was crowd our DMs and we were stumped.
We have missed a trick not bringing in a manager with a different style. Something to shake up the division and put the rest of the managers on the back foot.
We will know soon enough what kind of investment we are going to get. We have been told targets have been identified. I'm hoping that lenny, PL and DD are at least on the same page. It seemed that BR & LC were offering names that were outwith what the board were willing to spend. Few have said "excellent lenny and park back" . Park is at Sunderland now as DOF so that isn't happening.
I'm waiting to be shocked and amazed. Early quality transfers brought in so they can do a full pre season. Imo it's vital especially with the amount of guys leaving and potentially a few more once bids come in. In a short few weeks we will know what we getting. I'm hoping we break tradition and really kick-start this rebuild early. We all say this every year its our very own going for 55

The " shite getting spouted" is what i call other peoples opinions which i think is correct and a healthy thing. Theres a difference between faith and blind faith.
Best not to disrespect peoples opinions even if you dont agree. It's a good thing.
HH?
Well said Stevie, think the fans are split with his appointment?was down at the cross yesterday waitin on the parade and when the news broke that he had the job i could see a lot of disappointed people.A guys words next to me were'fuck off the parades cancelled and to make it worse Lennys got the job'?

I'll back Lenny because quite clearly I have to. I'm concerned. He had a mini run at Bolton if I remember right and praise was given to the way him and mjallby had fixed the defence. It didnt last. He had a good spell at hibs for a bit and it didn't last. I honestly expected more considering the attacking players he had at his disposal there. Rolling on to his appointment with us again I wasn't seeing much to fill me with confidence. We knuckled down and got the job done thankfully. He said he didn't change much and kept the same style. I'd disagree. I noticed far more hit and hope crosses going into the box and very little link up play through the middle. Part of that is down to Rogic being pants, Christie out and Calmac being played deeper. I didn't see the need for it. Calmac or Timo could of been used in an advanced roll as options for an out ball all teams had to do was crowd our DMs and we were stumped.
We have missed a trick not bringing in a manager with a different style. Something to shake up the division and put the rest of the managers on the back foot.
We will know soon enough what kind of investment we are going to get. We have been told targets have been identified. I'm hoping that lenny, PL and DD are at least on the same page. It seemed that BR & LC were offering names that were outwith what the board were willing to spend. Few have said "excellent lenny and park back" . Park is at Sunderland now as DOF so that isn't happening.
I'm waiting to be shocked and amazed. Early quality transfers brought in so they can do a full pre season. Imo it's vital especially with the amount of guys leaving and potentially a few more once bids come in. In a short few weeks we will know what we getting. I'm hoping we break tradition and really kick-start this rebuild early. We all say this every year its our very own going for 55

You nailed my thoughts, Bobo. ?

Members online

Back