Lennon - I’m not to blame

Ray

In The Celtic Blog ,at this moment ,by JF,
Lennon said he or the board are not to blame for Tuesday , the result will ‘galvanise’ us ,utter PISH! Where is this guy coming from ,we are trying to get over it ,and he comes out with this crap ,pray tell Neilie boy,WHO is to blame ,we know in your mind it is the guys you feckin thru under the bus ,slippy style ,JF is spitting blood ,know a lot don’t like him ,but feck sake, hh

Lennon said he or the board are not to blame for Tuesday , the result will ‘galvanise’ us ,utter PISH! Where is this guy coming from ,we are trying to get over it ,and he comes out with this crap ,pray tell Neilie boy,WHO is to blame ,we know in your mind it is the guys you feckin thru under the bus ,slippy style ,JF is spitting blood ,know a lot don’t like him ,but feck sake, hh
Nae harm but it sounded a bit like “ it wizny me a big Bhoy done it and ran away”

He should do the right thing and resign if he is not to blame for that result who is ?.
embarrassing

Sorry Lenny,but you are to blame,your the manager,the buck stops with you (not getting into the issues with the board and PL) thought the team selection was o.k,if we were playing 3-5-2,but our "best technician at LB! tactics were pish,formation the same,substitutions! game management, what game management! aah phuq it,ah've swung back tae feckin anger again!

Very silly statement from Lenny but I guess he is wanting to move on and concentrate on the cup tie, rather than getting into a public civil war which is what the media want. But I'm afraid it just comes across poorly to us fans. What is bring said in private at all levels within the club had better be very different from the bland nonsense being said in public.

Although repeatimg myself, I still believe Lennon needs some trusted lieutenants next to him in the dug out. Guys like Mjallby, Thommo or Parker to sound things off and step in to say "FFS, mate - WTF are you doing with MacGregor at left back, gie yerself a slap min???". They are also a soundboard to help with substitutions/tactic changes and to keep training interesting as well.

Although we think of Neil passionately prowling the touchline kicking every ball and barking instructions, too often recently we see him shrunk into his seat on the bench when things aren't going well. That's where he needs someone to share the responsibility of managing. Whatever Kennedy's attributes are, they clearly don't include in game encouragement of the team on the pitch.

Very silly statement from Lenny but I guess he is wanting to move on and concentrate on the cup tie, rather than getting into a public civil war which is what the media want. But I'm afraid it just comes across poorly to us fans. What is bring said in private at all levels within the club had better be very different from the bland nonsense being said in public.

Although repeatimg myself, I still believe Lennon needs some trusted lieutenants next to him in the dug out. Guys like Mjallby, Thommo or Parker to sound things off and step in to say "FFS, mate - WTF are you doing with MacGregor at left back, gie yerself a slap min???". They are also a soundboard to help with substitutions/tactic changes and to keep training interesting as well.

Although we think of Neil passionately prowling the touchline kicking every ball and barking instructions, too often recently we see him shrunk into his seat on the bench when things aren't going well. That's where he needs someone to share the responsibility of managing. Whatever Kennedy's attributes are, they clearly don't include in game encouragement of the team on the pitch.

What is bring said in private at all levels within the club had better be very different from the bland nonsense being said in public.

That's just it. It will be. Nothing to be gained from publicly uttering your failures, the ones that matter (us) already know. let's hope there's been an open and frank exchange of views. Lenny has held his hands up (what else could he do) and the players admit they were also culpable. Mistakes aren't repeated and we get tore into what's ahead. I hope so.

How many managers take a new job and don't bring in any of their own backroom staff.something smells wrong here . It looks like Kennedy is being earmarked for a bigger job with more influence, possibly a future manager, certainly would cost fuck aw which sums PL up perfectly. Personally I've yet to see anything to convince me the lads got what it takes. You don't see him running up and down the touchline kicking every ball and shouting instructions, you don't see much at all from him actually. It's beginning to look like a lot of people were correct in saying lenny would just be a yes man for lawell ,I'm not in that camp btw but its certainly starting to worry me. Hopefully we're all worrying about nada and we skelp the mankies in September and roll over every team in Scotland this season and look back on Tuesday as just a blip . Time will tell but until then COYBIG. HH

What is bring said in private at all levels within the club had better be very different from the bland nonsense being said in public.

That's just it. It will be. Nothing to be gained from publicly uttering your failures, the ones that matter (us) already know. let's hope there's been an open and frank exchange of views. Lenny has held his hands up (what else could he do) and the players admit they were also culpable. Mistakes aren't repeated and we get tore into what's ahead. I hope so.
Exactly - do your dirty laundry in private, not in public. But there are still none of the promised replacements coming in which is making a lot of fans twitchy after seeing this happen before. Here's hoping we go on and create more history over the next few seasons. HH

Exactly - do your dirty laundry in private, not in public. But there are still none of the promised replacements coming in which is making a lot of fans twitchy after seeing this happen before. Here's hoping we go on and create more history over the next few seasons. HH
I hear talks of boycotts and it's far too early. Lawwell needs back in his box and a DOF in place. The next two weeks should determine whether that is stepped up beyond vocal and visual disquiet. If we get two full backs and a centre half i'd be happy to lay off everyone bar Pistol Pete. The info via The Celtic star and the Celtic Underground has blown it for him. Without a DOF and his mitts off football matters I'm all for continuing the hunt for him. The buck lies with Lawwell.

Wasn't impressed with lennys interview on stv news tonight either where he's still saying his selection had nothing to do with the outcome. Whilst at the same time seeing highlights of calmac being hopelessly outjumped at a cross for one of their headed goals. I knew , like everyone else, we'd face loads of crosses just by watching some cluj highlights on YouTube

Lennon Presser : '' Second half performance was outstanding '' - really Neil ? We lost three GOALS in the second half .

If you are going to try to talk up the team , don't use rubbish like this to make your point !

HH

The buck stops with the guy that pics the team simple as, it was Lenny who told the bbc before the game he wanted more technicians in the team. Hence Calmac at LB, so was it the referees fault the ballboys, the ball, aye it was the grass, blame the grass. Fcuking twat, shoukd have manned uo & admitted his tactical gamble failed

☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️

Lennon Presser : '' Second half performance was outstanding '' - really Neil ? We lost three GOALS in the second half .

If you are going to try to talk up the team , don't use rubbish like this to make your point !

HH
Aye I'd agree. the attacking performance was outstanding when we came out the blocks second half, At 2-1 and at 3-2 we had players on the bench to see the game out. Had he done that it would have been outstanding. Sadly it ended up tactically wanting.
That said I don't blame him for accentuating the positive publicly. We all know the failings already. To dwell on it 3 days later serves no purpose.

The buck stops with the guy that pics the team simple as, it was Lenny who told the bbc before the game he wanted more technicians in the team. Hence Calmac at LB, so was it the referees fault the ballboys, the ball, aye it was the grass, blame the grass. Fcuking twat, shoukd have manned uo & admitted his tactical gamble failed

☘️HAIL HAIL☘️COYBIG☘️YNWA☘️
why now? If he was going to do it, do it at the final whistle. To do it now just drags it out and benefits no-one bar our detractors

He picks the team. He does the tactics.
Although it was probably Kennedy that told him to play Callum at LB.
But Lennon had the chance to change it but didn't.
Lennon to blame.....and the board for not getting more ….and better players in quicker.
As usual we're downgrading all the time.

He picks the team. He does the tactics.
Although it was probably Kennedy that told him to play Callum at LB.
But Lennon had the chance to change it but didn't.
Lennon to blame.....and the board for not getting more ….and better players in quicker.
As usual we're downgrading all the time.
Without a doubt. Though I'd question why Kennedy recommended a movie he'd seen finish badly before. If he did that's piss poor advice. If he said 'that's a bad idea gaffer' you'd question if Lennon trusts his input surely.
Either way it's one game. Rewind to 7pm on Tuesday we'd be happy.

Back