Lennon - I’m not to blame

Either way it's one game. Rewind to 7pm on Tuesday we'd be happy.

If Neil thinks his team choice was a good one and it was the players fault.. Would the result be any different?

A very concerning situation, consistently making the same mistakes.

Hopefully someone somehow pulls everything together and there is a very frank exchange of views in the dressing room - to at least 'window dress' the problems deep within the club.

The players aren't stupid, being made fall guys won't wash with them.

I'd be happier thinking Brown's error in liking the tweet, then his apology was really him sticking up for his boys then perhaps realising - in the grander scheme of things- to keep it for another venue. ( the dressing room).

If not some of the players may be feeling wrongly isolated and blamed.

It's become a damage limitation exercise, far too common under PL's regime.

Something needs to change or the rate of decline is going to have us losing 9, a catastrophic failure I hope that sees both DD and PL out the door if they let it happen.

Wasn't impressed with lennys interview on stv news tonight either where he's still saying his selection had nothing to do with the outcome. Whilst at the same time seeing highlights of calmac being hopelessly outjumped at a cross for one of their headed goals. I knew , like everyone else, we'd face loads of crosses just by watching some cluj highlights on YouTube
Exactly. All we needed to do was draw the game 0-0. Why not play the guy you have just spent £7m on who is a fecking giant, to deal will crosses into the box. If he doesn't think tatics had anything to do with the outcome of a game he should be nowhere near the job.

gonna have to look back, if info re: thems back from our manager. Get him out NOW. I am am sorry gtf, ok bad result in Europe, not to bad MON went to final.

in reality it's about pulling us down. Clever.eh? watch and see what happens. Abba, money mone. go back to our roots, give them a square mile of keich. shat on everyone. nbody stood up for res 12, or very little.

What is bring said in private at all levels within the club had better be very different from the bland nonsense being said in public.

That's just it. It will be. Nothing to be gained from publicly uttering your failures, the ones that matter (us) already know. let's hope there's been an open and frank exchange of views. Lenny has held his hands up (what else could he do) and the players admit they were also culpable. Mistakes aren't repeated and we get tore into what's ahead. I hope so.
Nial , that’s the fecking point , Lenny has not held his hands up , his presser was a bigger embarrassment than the result the other night, I was shocked when I watched it , clearly deludamol is not only for orcs as Neil Francis is dreaming. If he still believes playing calmac at LB was alright, if he believes that it did not cost us 1/2 goals , if he believes we were magnificent as he stated , just get over it , really Lenny ????
Lenny will always be a true Celt , but his latest ramblings are just that ramblings of a man who clearly has no fecking idea
I am worried

A few points if I may.....one of the things I believe Lennie has
to do is get out of the shadow of he who betrayed us.....for I truly believe he’s got one eye on how he will be judged against him.....he, who give him his due was generally adept at game management.....that said, to say the players were not to blame to a substantial degree is wrong imo.....Broonie was culpable.....as was Bain.....as was our new right back who was caught totally ball watching when the guy nicked in and scored from Bain’s palm out.....if you dissect the game.....the amount of unforced errors and tactical ineptitude on show was criminal.....that’s not to excuse Neil Lennon who should have closed the game down when we went in front.....so in my view the blame should be shared between both players and management.....what happens next is what’s important as our seasons on the line in the next month or so.....if I was Neil Lennon I would be saying.....look! we all made mistakes.....and we all have to accept that and get on with pulling together and showing what we’re really made of starting now.....we win together and we lose together.....we are Celtic.....the treble, treble winners.....the history makers.....we have trophies to win

A few points if I may.....one of the things I believe Lennie has
to do is get out of the shadow of he who betrayed us.....for I truly believe he’s got one eye on how he will .....who give him his due was generally adept at game management.....that said, to say the players were not to blame to a substantial degree is wrong imo.....Broonie was culpable.....as was Bain.....as was our new right back who was caught totally ball watching when the guy nicked in and scored from Bain’s palm out.....if you dissect the game the game the amount of unforced errors and tactical ineptitude was criminal.....that’s not to excuse Neil Lennon who should have closed the game down when we went in front.....so in my view the blame should be shared between both players and management.....what happens next is what’s important as our seasons on the line in the next month or so.....if I was Neil Lennon I would be saying.....look! we all made mistakes.....and we all have to accept that and get on with pulling together and showing what we’re really made of starting now.....we win together and we lose together.....we are Celtic.....the treble, treble winners.....the history makers.....we have trophies to win
I thought Lenny made a bold decision when he announced his first departure from the Manager's post.

He walked into a shitstorm at Bolton and his stock took a personal hit which was not entirely of his making.

He redeemed himself to a reasonable degree at Hibs, although he could have been more respectful of his previous employers in his media management.

It didn't end particularly well at Hibs and Lenny received a massive solid from the board at Celtic.

Personally, I think he earned the right to lead the side, but mine is not the authority on the subject and I fully understand some of the misgivings shown by my fellow supporters.

There is such a thing as overthinking, micro-management and simply being too smart for your own good.

If you do it, you own it!

Lenny ballsed up, absolutely no doubt about it. He has to own that because we all know it. If we all know it and he still insists otherwise, then his credentials are questioned further and confidence drains from the fans.

Exactly. All we needed to do was draw the game 0-0. Why not play the guy you have just spent £7m on who is a fecking giant, to deal will crosses into the box. If he doesn't think tatics had anything to do with the outcome of a game he should be nowhere near the job.
Since when has Celtic ever played any game v anyone to draw 0-0? You attack lennys tactics and accuse me of sounding like a sevco supporter. Same time you reckon we should've played for a 0-0 , worse tactics than Craig levein

He made two major mistakes - one, letting whatever personal psychodrama between him and Calmac play out in team selection and replicating Rodgers greatest fuck-up by playing our most guileful midfielder at left-back. Christmas for Cluj, and most conspicuous when we were 2-1 up. Calmac pulling strings around the edge of their box would have been perfect for picking them off and killing the tie.

Two, failing to see the game out. At 2-1 he got a warning thanks to Broony's spazz-out, at 3-2 that should have been that - defender on, 5-4-1 shut the door.

Peculiar, as I thought he would have been the manager most likely who knew how to shut-out a Euro win. Instead we got echoes of Mowbray and Rodgers and lost a basketball match.

However, we could have taken them for 5 - at 2-1 another goal for us and they were pumped. We're not the only 'name' to drop out early- Porto and Basel went too, and PSV the round before. The CL is a stitch-up joke, making the rich richer and giving the honest grafters the dilemma of gambling their clubs' futures to partake in the qualifying lottery.

Like last year we go out to a team we were more than capable of beating.
Like last year I won't much care as long as we nail the 9IAR and the 10IAR - after that I'm more concerned by the CL.

He made two major mistakes - one, letting whatever personal psychodrama between him and Calmac play out in team selection and replicating Rodgers greatest fuck-up by playing our most guileful midfielder at left-back. Christmas for Cluj, and most conspicuous when we were 2-1 up. Calmac pulling strings around the edge of their box would have been perfect for picking them off and killing the tie.

Two, failing to see the game out. At 2-1 he got a warning thanks to Broony's spazz-out, at 3-2 that should have been that - defender on, 5-4-1 shut the door.

Peculiar, as I thought he would have been the manager most likely who knew how to shut-out a Euro win. Instead we got echoes of Mowbray and Rodgers and lost a basketball match.

However, we could have taken them for 5 - at 2-1 another goal for us and they were pumped. We're not the only 'name' to drop out early- Porto and Basel went too, and PSV the round before. The CL is a stitch-up joke, making the rich richer and giving the honest grafters the dilemma of gambling their clubs' futures to partake in the qualifying lottery.

Like last year we go out to a team we were more than capable of beating.
Like last year I won't much care as long as we nail the 9IAR and the 10IAR - after that I'm more concerned by the CL.

What the game did, though was highlight a parsimonious board and a very naive manager and that combination should be a worry to us all.

Members online

Latest posts

Back