LENNON IN CHARGE THU V MILAN??

What an absolute shambles all round and none of it makes any sense.

What happened to the team. How did they go from treble /quadruple? Treble winners to bunch of fecking clowns 🤡?

Why does NL even want to stay. If an angry mob turned up at my work chanting for me to feck off and I was already a millionaire I'd be gone the same day.

And the fecking board. Where to start. Presumably what they consider success is

Qualify for CL - disnae matter if we get humped though...
Sell bit better than average players for multi millions because they have CL experience (don't mention the humpings)...
Repeat each year....

For all that to work it needs a top class manager. Why stick with a guy who has failed miserably this year....?

For all that to work it needs a top class manager. Why stick with a guy who has failed miserably this year....?

I suspect it comes down to money.
We haven't got any it's as simple as that
If we sack Lennon then we pay compo to him and his team.
We then need to employ another manager and the names being banded about won't be cheap.
We've lost the European money (again) and French Eddie and Ajer have turned into a version of fat Alfie we keep hearing about multi million pound bids but none come and non will the way they are playing

Lennon will be hear until at least one player is sold for big money in January.

P.S whichever womble though up Sam Allerdyce as a replacement for Lennon put down the turps and drink something sensible.
We're trying to win the league not avoid relegation

He’s not had a good season m8
Last year was a treble so no complaints there
As for the future who knows where he will end up or how he will do
If Sevco hadn't collapsed last year and Rangers in 2012 there would have been no NIAR. Lennon has been lucky to have had the likes of Danny McGrain, Thommo, Mjalby and Duff as coaches. He went to Bolton without the first three (yes I know what happened Thommo) and we saw how that went and this year without any decent coaches he is completely out of his depth and exposed. He has run the team into the ground; he's actually worse than useless because he is a detriment to success only there for as long as he can continue to steal a wage because he couldn't give a fuck about the club or the fans. These are his last big paychecks and he will shamelessly keep on cashing them at our expense.

Last edited:
  • Group revenue decreased by 15.8% to £70.2m (2019: £83.4m)
  •  Operating expenses including labour decreased by 7.3% to £80.5m (2019: £86.9m)

this was last years results

operating expenses 80 million

revenue 70 million with KO europa and a part of season covid

we have retained all heavy earners and added more

so expenses will be around 80 million I suspect plus the non operating expenses

revenue will be down massively

and we didn't sell anyone to offset the difference

So even if lennon turns it around we lose a fortune

if they win league we have huge wage bill and players not worth very much.

So who is this better more expensive coach and the better players we can afford?

where is the penny pinching part?

•  Operating expenses including labour decreased by 7.3% to £80.5m (2019: £86.9m)

So who is this better more expensive coach and the better players we can afford?

if we had reached CL this season we probably break even after bonuses

Any cash in bank will be chewed up by covid expenses

Lennon needs to go

But who is cheaper can work with much less budget and still get to CL

this cl pipe dream shite chews up almost as much as it makes after bonuses

And thats without epl wages

Think we'll see a couple of our top players out the door in January probably get far less than we expected for them.

Ive a feeling it might be Strachan who probably wouldnt cost that much to bring in.We need to see a reaction from these players and i cant see it happening under Lennon whatevers happened.

Think we'll see a couple of our top players out the door in January probably get far less than we expected for them.

Ive a feeling it might be Strachan who probably wouldnt cost that much to bring in.We need to see a reaction from these players and i cant see it happening under Lennon whatevers happened.
I agree

his tactics are abysmal this season

needs punted but who available and who wants the pressure on SPL budget

Strachan won't touch it imo

too much hassles for someone who wasn't really liked last time by the very people demanding big name

Don't hold much hope in that either, mate. Fuckers are far too stubborn to give in to the fans, I feel.
I wonder if Lawell and Desmond had to face 60.000 supporters inside Celtic Park would they still be so stubborn.One hidding in the Bahamas and the other one hidding behind the police lines Disgraceful from the two men who are supposed to be the leaders of our club..

I agree

his tactics are abysmal this season

needs punted but who available and who wants the pressure on SPL budget

Strachan won't touch it imo

too much hassles for someone who wasn't really liked last time by the very people demanding big name
DD will go IMHO for a big name this time. Howe 8s not for me a big name. Pottechino big-name out of work at the moment although holding out for Man U job. Joachim Lowe would be good for us. just had a vote of confidence from the German FA to continue in Germany Post. Maybe Lowe would love a chance of managing Celtic. You never know till you speak with them. These two would be my choices for the job. Mind you speculation has got out of hand with some of the names being branded about, Alex Neil, Jack Ross, Alan Stubbs, Paul Lambert, etc you get where in going with this. Not big names IMHO but i put Paul Lamberts name down as i don't see him as a manager of our club. Immaterial as he has said often enough he is not interested. Whatever DD decides to do its his call, let's hope and pray for all the Celtic Family he gets this one right. ☘️☘️

DD will go IMHO for a big name this time. Howe 8s not for me a big name. Pottechino big-name out of work at the moment although holding out for Man U job. Joachim Lowe would be good for us. just had a vote of confidence from the German FA to continue in Germany Post. Maybe Lowe would love a chance of managing Celtic. You never know till you speak with them. These two would be my choices for the job. Mind you speculation has got out of hand with some of the names being branded about, Alex Neil, Jack Ross, Alan Stubbs, Paul Lambert, etc you get where in going with this. Not big names IMHO but i put Paul Lamberts name down as i don't see him as a manager of our club. Immaterial as he has said often enough he is not interested. Whatever DD decides to do its his call, let's hope and pray for all the Celtic Family he gets this one right. ☘️☘️
I hope your right

But these big names usually earn scary wages before their bonuses

Pochettino will be getting 8.5 million per years from spurs unless he gets a new job

so id imagine you need pay 8.5 million plus his 100 percent bonus for reaching CL and winning all cups

thats 17 million just for manager then you need his team

I cant see Pochettino or Lowe touching celtic pressure pot without wage rises

mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-pay-cut-donation-charity-tony-cascarino

He has to get it right - whenever he finally gets round to it. Although he is a fantastic coach, I don't know if Lowe was a club coach before (if he was then it was a long time ago). Being able to select top class players of the calibre of the Germans and being able to get them to gel into such a great international team takes fairly different skillsets from the day-to-day management of a club. I'm not saying he wouldn't be brilliant at it but it would be an even bigger expensive gamble for a team at our level to try him.

I am beyond trying to second guess what DD's motives or ambitions are for us for the last 15+ years.

I hope your right

But these big names usually earn scary wages before their bonuses

Pochettino will be getting 8.5 million per years from spurs unless he gets a new job

so id imagine you need pay 8.5 million plus his 100 percent bonus for reaching CL and winning all cups

thats 17 million just for manager then you need his team

I cant see Pochettino or Lowe touching celtic pressure pot without wage rises

mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-pay-cut-donation-charity-tony-cascarino
I know tet that to get the best you have to pay top dollar. Also restraints in Scottish football ie TV money etc means clubs have to cut their cloth accordingly. If we had done every right whilst in ascendinsy we would not been in this mess now. But I still would like to get a top man in to not only get back to the summit but to be there for a very very long time.

He has to get it right - whenever he finally gets round to it. Although he is a fantastic coach, I don't know if Lowe was a club coach before (if he was then it was a long time ago). Being able to select top class players of the calibre of the Germans and being able to get them to gel into such a great international team takes fairly different skillsets from the day-to-day management of a club. I'm not saying he wouldn't be brilliant at it but it would be an even bigger expensive gamble for a team at our level to try him.

I am beyond trying to second guess what DD's motives or ambitions are for us for the last

I am beyond trying to second guess what DD's motives or ambitions are for us for the last 15+ years.
One of the bookies had McCoist at 80/1 for the Celtic job 🙄

I know tet that to get the best you have to pay top dollar. Also restraints in Scottish football ie TV money etc means clubs have to cut their cloth accordingly. If we had done every right whilst in ascendinsy we would not been in this mess now. But I still would like to get a top man in to not only get back to the summit but to be there for a very very long time.
rodgers on a fraction of his current deal in epl trebled Celtics wage bill and ratcheted up wages throughout entire squad and put us backwards

we cant compete with epl for managers or players

long term we aint going to hold players or managers

despite selling players at record prices we dont make much money even if we reach cl

simply coz we get 5 million from tv

bottom of epl gets 100 million

even if we get cl we dont compete with bottom epl revenues

we need to bring ou own talent through on modest wages and bin the big name player and manager or we will go burst

we were never on ascendency because we only ever break even the years we win trebles

you can only grow if your revenue grows

you cant hold your better players coz you cant compete on wages

you must let them go

or have a trust funded cloaked finance system

but you need to be in the trust funded cloaked finance club to play that game

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back