Lennon manager

it's already Lennon imo. Hopefully now Congerton is gone it will be John Park back as the talent finder/DOF.

I hear Rodgers did well and he did, but he also lost at Ibrox, in fact almost a mirror image. I haven't hidden my belief and it's nothing to do with Celtic minded.

This isn't a dig, but I hear the 'best man for the job' 'net far and wide'. so who? if it's not Lenny then who?
I honestly canny say if there's a manager thats better suited than lenny to the job that doesn't mean he's the best option , as thrilled as I was with lenny #1 I'm really dissapointed now with the tactics , are we still playing to BR tactics or not ? I dont know does anyone. We need a sports psychologist for away games or a full team , would it matter?

Well Lenny didn't reach the last 16 or beat Barca all on his own did he, the team we had at the time played a big part in that no? Gordon Strachan reached the last 16 and knows the Scottish game too but we don't see everybody clamouring for him to get the job do we!

Don't try to make out I'm doing Lenny a disservice because I think people are wrongly using Lenny's 'Celtic man' status as a big part of their argument for his appointment as the permanent manager. I know full well Lenny's past achievements and what he had to endure as the Celtic manager and the man deserves massive credit and respect for achieving what he did while having to face up to the incessant bigotry and anti-Irish racism thrown his way but it still doesn't make him the right man for the job in the here and now.
No one doing lennys disservice

Well Lenny didn't reach the last 16 or beat Barca all on his own did he, the team we had at the time played a big part in that no? Gordon Strachan reached the last 16 and knows the Scottish game too but we don't see everybody clamouring for him to get the job do we!

Don't try to make out I'm doing Lenny a disservice because I think people are wrongly using Lenny's 'Celtic man' status as a big part of their argument for his appointment as the permanent manager. I know full well Lenny's past achievements and what he had to endure as the Celtic manager and the man deserves massive credit and respect for achieving what he did while having to face up to the incessant bigotry and anti-Irish racism thrown his way but it still doesn't mean he's the right man for the job in the here and now.

You said it was sentiment over logic not me Andy. I was just giving the converse to the argument. Don't assume I support Lennon for 'Celtic minded' reasons alone either or assume that others do just because it's part of their argument. Doesn't mean it's all of it. Certainly not for all of us.

'Whether it's about signing players or appointing managers this 'aye but he's a good Celtic man' thing does my fucking head in! It's sentiment over logic and it's an irrational nonsensical way to go about making important decisions.

Players and managers should be brought in because they have the ability to make us better NOT because they happen to be good Celtic men. If a player/manager can make us better AND they're big Celtic men then brilliant it's an added bonus but this notion that we should overlook their flaws or their lack of suitability because of it is one-eyed nonsense.'

I was just pointing out he had the other requirements in the bank such as 'the ability to make us better' not just the Celtic man thing. He has the logic and not just the sentiment. His backers are not just 'one eyed nonsense'

While you are on Strachan. Why not, good shout? As for did Lenny reach the last 16 on his own? No That's just silly. Did Stein win in Lisbon? did MON get to Seville on his own? No they managed the responsibility of us all.

My point is purely it's not just a Celtic minded appointment. He was second to BR last time and I see few better choices around. I think he has Scottish domestic and European experience banked.

To say his appointment is one eyed nonsense isn't fair on him or his backers

Not good enough today. But I still rate Lennon as the man to take club to 10.

1 These are Rodgers players
2 Even Rodgers was shit this season at motivating creative openings
3 Lennon has been better with Rodgers players, in fact he done better with the players Rdogers wouldn't even play.
4 Need clergies out of over paid players who can't pass the ball straight over 30 yards.
5 It was at Ibrox with massive crowd and a bent ref (still played utter tripe but we don't have a proper centre forward)
6 Emotions are strained to be making vital decisions.
7 The finances are good but the operation costs are in high risk with too many hangers on.
8 I personally trust Lennon more than any of the other names to get good value for money.
9 If the board can afford Moourinho or someone of that status, and also to warchest him then fir enough. But I don't see that being realistic. Our fringe/youth players who are best hope are still not good enough to challenge first team properly. So looks like we needs 4 or 5 new first team players of real quality and some squad players of better value than we currently have. If the fringe players can't get up for big match at Ibrox then the first team have no real pressure for first team. which isn't good.

All in all I trust Lennon to bring in players who can create goals in Scotland, I trust him to bring through real value added players. And these are the things Rodgers can't do. Rodgers is good with the very best players in world, but we can't afford those players and RODGERS could take the good players Ronny bought and made them better, but he can't find these players. Hence reason he probably wanted off cause he was not adding value to team with value off field.

It was Rodgers and his antics that have put club in this weak position. It was rodgers who gave them contacts and it was rodgers who failed to find better players especially to replace Dembele. But also couldnt spot any value in defence.

Lennon has done a great job with players he had little chance to work with.

he will create the best team that we can afford.

Today was not good enough. But these issues were present all season.

I still haven't heard anyone address the bottle neck in the operation costs
I hear lots of get new dude in.
But I still haven't heard anyone who can do the job required with the budget that it must be done with.

Ajax took many years building their team
The had better youth to start with for one.
They also apply in a more attractive league. so attract better value players.
They also play continental style football which is suited to continental type managers.
I still haven't heard any manger names who could do a job in Scotland immediately with no time to bed players into squad.
I still hear the "we should eb miles ahead of them"

The difference Between a player on 5K and 40K is minimal, if you don't know what your doing in that market you can need up with lots of 5k per week players on 40K per week. And that's what rdogers gives you. Unless you have unlimited funds and can afford the very veery best, the market rodgers and his ilk know this market best. These guys are not suited to the market for 5k players who really should be 40 k players.

If you get it wrong way round, like we have with quite few players this season, your op costs get drained and you need to sell to make room for the guys who can do the job better.

And for me that's what Lennon excels at. The lower market undervalued players who are really worth lot more.

Rodgers is opposite he can't tell difference between Compper and VVD and thus you get dross when he buys from the lower markets.

Anyway

If the board have 200 million and funds to expand the operation costs into very dangerous ground then bring it on. It seems no paying your tax and spending money you don't own is the way of football. But it will bring sudden death with one false move or a change in the hyperinfalted markets.

lennon is realistic hope for sustainable championships

Rodgers would have ruined the club if he was allowed another season of destroying value all over the club.

I am a lennon man. even when he played the worst football I ever watched at Ibrox ever.

The Deal is ✅ Done! The Celtic Board is attempting to keep things quiet. It’s a Scotsman’s job let that be the clue! Dermot and Peter??

The Deal is ✅ Done! The Celtic Board is attempting to keep things quiet. It’s a Scotsman’s job let that be the clue! Dermot and Peter??

Are you a man in the know Jfancelt, we will see soon enough, you seem to be hinting at Clarke, not sure about that after some of the things he said recently about sectarianism and missing his family, although after watching Rodgers get a move down south he might see some attraction in the job.

Nope benignus nowhere near it's been about for a couple of weeks let's just say it's going to be very interesting times after the cup final lol HH

Back