Lennon Out

At the start of the this thread Lennon was called a traitor now I think that was a disgrace, he has given so much for this club, no need to go through what as we all know.
I do agree his time has come, he might not agree & thinks it can be turned around but how long do/can we wait, he has to go soon or 10iar might be over before he goes. We will/should remember him as a hero but if he/the board wait too long he will then be blamed for loosing us 10iar even though won soo much of it.
NFL please go soon & preserve how we all see you. Hero, fan with passion & love for our club.

Hoping for a hun imposion starting today against the sheep but unfortunately i cany see it!Love Neil Lennon but id be lying if i said i wasnt concerned watching our performances recently!I know everyones going through a tough time recently but surely our players can show more than theyve offered up so far this season

Last edited by a moderator:
What you are fundamentally saying is that any Irishman that took a British pound is a traitor then?

My Father and his family came to this island because of circumstances outwith their control. They worked and paid taxes here that partially fund the British war machine - that makes them traitors then?

My Mother was forced here because of Irish societal prejudices. She worked here and paid taxes here, just another fucking traitor then.

I hope you haven't paid a thin dime in taxes to that corrupt cabal in Westminster, 26 - otherwise, you might find that that heartburn is caused by swallowing your hypocrisy while it's still too hot.

Politics and sport do go together unfortunately, but try not to get caught up in personal vendettas when young boys get caught up in things they really don't understand at the time.
There's huge difference between paying the taxes which are forcibly removed from your wages to legitimising British rule in Ireland, standing for the British national anthem as if it is your own etc.

What happened to, We are Celtic Supporters Faithful Through and Through.

If Neil goes let him go on his own terms, but keep your personal vendetta off the forum ,if you dont like him thats up to you, but your tiresome in your attacks on him.

Starting a thread like this is fuckin childish.
So according to your logic the rebels who overthrew the old board should have blindly follow followed like head-in-the-sand huns?
I've been called a hun, a mason and all kinds of shite for my opinions on Lennon's character but many of those who were name-calling months ago have copped on since.
The fact that Lennon is still stealing a wage this morning means he's a fucking disgrace and so are the board who enable him.

url
2020-03-30_spo_58048038_I1.JPG

Traitor to the Irish Nation.
Celtic Nation?

💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

What happened to, We are Celtic Supporters Faithful Through and Through.

If Neil goes let him go on his own terms, but keep your personal vendetta off the forum ,if you dont like him thats up to you, but your tiresome in your attacks on him.

Starting a thread like this is fuckin childish.
That's the decent way to handle this entire situation, 50.

Not one of us can dispute that Lenny has made some peculiar decisions, but not one of us can dispute that he's likely done his own soul-searching through the previous 8 months. He's a Celtic supporter and I'm confident that any decision he makes, away from the field of play, will be made with the best interests of the club and the fans at heart.

Anyone who takes a managerial post knows that the buck stops with them. Lenny has been around the game long enough to know this simple fact and he also knows that this season is far more significant than any of the previous 9 that have gone before.

As fans, it is our expectations that have been raised to the levels they are currently at in terms of our trophy haul, but we also know that we should be light years ahead of our main title contenders based on our financial power and playing staff. If it all goes horribly wrong this season - then the blame doesn't lie solely at the door of Neil Lennon, but he will likely make a convenient scapegoat for the board, the players and the fans.

I love the lads in our squad. I'm sure there are a few huge egoes in there, but I also believe they are a relatively level-headed bunch who have a genuine affinity with the club which extends beyond their next paypoke. Far too many times this season - they have not turned up for work, or they have done the bare minimum to get the job done. A fair bit of that may well be laid at Lenny's door, but I refuse to fully accept that a well rewarded footballer needs to have his hand held or his ego massaged to turn up and play a game of football. Football is not an exact science and some times there are other factors that can lead to poor form and poor results; however - those factors do not legislate for a lack of effort and there have been recent matches (particularly against them) where the result was awful, but the abject performance and lack of effort was even worse. It is inexcusable and unacceptable - even if there has been a breakdown with the management and coaching staff, that still does not give the players the right to have their arses felt and just accept it with a whimper. Professional pride and a duty of candour to the fans should have outweighed any misgivings or grudges with the management.

And let me not be mistaken here, the entire board have to take a long hard look at themselves as well. There are many well placed arrows directed towards Lawwell and Desmond (and not always without good cause), but there are a whole raft of folk taking a wage out of Celtic who remain anonymous on the outer fringes tut-tutting at the fans who are vocal and sharing aperitifs with other officials and governors who loathe them and what they (appear) to represent.

To be fair to Desmond, I don't think he's ever been confused with a genuine football fan, but he does enjoy the adulation when the plaudits are being handed out.

Peter Lawwell believes he is a football man and a mover and a shaker among the high tables and elite clubs. He is a highly paid steward and employee of the club who has been given too much authority and power beyond his knowledge and means. He has done many good things in a commercial and marketing sense for Celtic, but he has also made several extremely poor decisions from a footballing perspective. He is far too involved at the negotiating table and far too influential in bringing players to the club who are sub-standard but who he thinks he can sell at an exorbitant profit. Celtic have pissed away tens of millions during his tenure on players who wouldn't threaten the first XI at Brechin City, yet he remains bulletproof due to the occasional diamond that does go on to generate huge profits. I have supported Lawwell even though his politics and demeanour are anathema to me. I feel that many of his peers and potential replacements aren't quite in tune with the accountancy skills required in that role, but Ivalso understand that his salary is not being justified by our efforts on the field of play. The trophy haul has been magnificent, but it has also veiled a multitude of other sins.

I've gotten sidetracked again........Lenny may well have made some questionable decisions when he was a young man. Perhaps he pledged allegiance to the wrong cause. Perhaps he made poor decisions which affected his personal relationships, but there is not a man or woman among us who hasn't made mistakes and who thought they knew everything about everything when the reality was that they knew everything about nothing and nothing about everything.

Lenny may well have made questionable decisions as a football manager, but that may be down to his limitations and is certainly not created out of malice or ill-intent. As a consequence, our appraisal of Lenny's performance should be based on his strengths and limitations, not out of malice or ill-intent. That would be fair and just and I'm certain that Lenny will be fair and just with us if that time comes.

Great post, 50. Decency doesn't come with a valuation, but if it did then you'd be worth more money than Peter Lawwell and Dermot Desmond combined ( if it does have a valuation though, how are you fixed for a sub?)

There's huge difference between paying the taxes which are forcibly removed from your wages to legitimising British rule in Ireland, standing for the British national anthem as if it is your own etc.
No mate, you should know this better than anyone on here with the exception of a few others who have been subject to oppression in your own country by a hostile force.

It's not that simple, 26

Even elected officials who support the right to have their country back are subject to their imposed standards. Even Martin and Gerry understood that there is a comedy of manners which has to be played out in public. Even the Iranian team stood during the Star-Spangled Banner during France '98. They stood for the anthem of a nation who had sold high-powered weapons to neighbouring states who used them to murder their citizens.

The question is, would he have made those same decisions now as he did in his teens and early 20's?

The guy might have known a bit better than us about the situation, but if anyone is suggesting that Lenny is a political or mensa-standard genius - then I seriously worry about their intellectual capacity.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that Lennon is not fit for purpose. Those who hired him knew exactly what they were getting if they did any due diligence.
As I've said on many threads I believe Lennon is a patsie; the board intend to hand Sevco the league to preserve the illusion of competition. Their business model depends on the preservation of scum.
From watching other commentators I see where my observations may have been counter-productive. My belief in Lennon's incompetence as a person caused a backlash of support for him regardless of the results. Now we have new members attacking Lennon on much more trivial matters like his personal fitness. In my opinion this is contrived gas-lighting aimed at deflecting attention from Lennon's failures as a manager. So-called TyroneCelt is an obvious example of a board sock-puppet
Are you aware that below your box you have emblazoned
"
Lennon is in a job because the board are throwing the season.
Keeping Sevco alive is more important to them than making history."

If he is in a job because of the first premise which would make premise 2 true, then why would they sack Lennon if he was doing their wish and if they sacked him to appease the fans they would then bring in another yes man to get the job done.
So what the fuck are you talking about, i think you sit at the desktop with a plastic Armalite firing velcro suckers at a velcro dart board. You make no sense and come across like an Irish newspaper boy, An Phoblacht theres your An Phoblacht.

No mate, you should know this better than anyone on here with the exception of a few others who have been subject to oppression in your own country by a hostile force.

It's not that simple, 26

Even elected officials who support the right to have their country back are subject to their imposed standards. Even Martin and Gerry understood that there is a comedy of manners which has to be played out in public. Even the Iranian team stood during the Star-Spangled Banner during France '98. They stood for the anthem of a nation who had sold high-powered weapons to neighbouring states who used them to murder their citizens.

The question is, would he have made those same decisions now as he did in his teens and early 20's?

The guy might have known a bit better than us about the situation, but if anyone is suggesting that Lenny is a political or mensa-standard genius - then I seriously worry about their intellectual capacity.
What anthem do they play for Scotland games?

Are you aware that below your box you have emblazoned
"
Lennon is in a job because the board are throwing the season.
Keeping Sevco alive is more important to them than making history."

If he is in a job because of the first premise which would make premise 2 true, then why would they sack Lennon if he was doing their wish and if they sacked him to appease the fans they would then bring in another yes man to get the job done.
So what the fuck are you talking about, i think you sit at the desktop with a plastic Armalite firing velcro suckers at a velcro dart board. You make no sense and come across like an Irish newspaper boy, An Phoblacht theres your An Phoblacht.
If they had any intention of winning the league they would not have started the season with him in charge. The longer the debacle continues the more the corruption will be apparent but that yesterday, hot on the heels of Sevco's financial SOS, was staggeringly blatant. As for the other shite you wrote; what does that even mean? Do people even still read An Phoblacht?

What anthem do they play for Scotland games?
Aw Jesus, 26..........Scotland is a country within that unholy empire, but it is still a country. Northern Ireland has been determined to be a province within that empire, not a country within it's own right.

That's bullshit and we know it, as Northern Ireland should be firmly attached to the entire body of Ireland and not an appendage held to ransom, but that is how it is recognised by the britshits and you know that.

Fuck, even the principality gets more recognition as a separate entity than Northern Ireland!!!

No one likes it, but that is what we should debating, not whether some cunt stands for a shitty dirge.

If they had any intention of winning the league they would not have started the season with him in charge. The longer the debacle continues the more the corruption will be apparent but that yesterday, hot on the heels of Sevco's financial SOS, was staggeringly blatant. As for the other shite you wrote; what does that even mean? Do people even still read An Phoblacht?
Biggest selling paper still doing the rounds.
Northern Ireland its in the name,
  • Neil Lennon.
  • Paddy McCourt.
  • Niall McGinn.
  • Allen McKnight.
  • Bertie Peacock.
  • Anton Rogan.
  • Charlie Tully.

You need a wee break from the internet Boss....Go out for a walk, talk to your family, bake a cake, pat yer dug.... anything!

You will feel better 👍

Hows things docco?? I need a bit of positivity this morning. Just saw my wee girl for the 1st time since Wednesday. My partner dropped some bits of at reception for me and I managed to drag myself down there to see her. My 5 year old was there and when she seen me she burst into tears and tried to run to me. Some bastard security guard stopped her and I swear to god if I could I would have booted him so hard in his balls they would have found them on the roof of the hospital. Needless to say I got a massive cuddle from my wee one after having a "nice" wee chat with the security guard. But watching her leave in tears has put me in a right downer. Youre the noises resident positivity man. Please cheer me up 😁😁

Hows things docco?? I need a bit of positivity this morning. Just saw my wee girl for the 1st time since Wednesday. My partner dropped some bits of at reception for me and I managed to drag myself down there to see her. My 5 year old was there and when she seen me she burst into tears and tried to run to me. Some bastard security guard stopped her and I swear to god if I could I would have booted him so hard in his balls they would have found them on the roof of the hospital. Needless to say I got a massive cuddle from my wee one after having a "nice" wee chat with the security guard. But watching her leave in tears has put me in a right downer. Youre the noises resident positivity man. Please cheer me up 😁😁

Ah mate...the guy was just doing his job but I guess his humane side came through in the end...over the last few weeks I think there has been a spike in anxiety, hostility and fear of the unknown of what lies ahead for us all.
Seeing her and holding her like you did was an amazing thing and you are lucky to do so as there are many in your situation who would love to have been afforded that opportunity...as for her in tears, she is young and confused about what is going on but take it as a positive that she clearly loves you and you must mean the world to her!!
Chin up, we have made up far more than 5 points against much better teams than them and it is still well and truly within our own grasp

Jaysus lubo you must be in a bad way when you're asking docco to cheer you up and him not wise in the head.

Ah mate...the guy was just doing his job but I guess his humane side came through in the end...over the last few weeks I think there has been a spike in anxiety, hostility and fear of the unknown of what lies ahead for us all.
Seeing her and holding her like you did was an amazing thing and you are lucky to do so as there are many in your situation who would love to have been afforded that opportunity...as for her in tears, she is young and confused about what is going on but take it as a positive that she clearly loves you and you must mean the world to her!!
Chin up, we have made up far more than 5 points against much better teams than them and it is still well and truly within our own grasp
I'm sold, Docco.........I'm going to have an extra spring in my limpy gimpy legs when I go for my kerry-oot now........

Members online

No members online now.

Back