Lenny and Peter Lawwell talks

Am I the only Celtic fan that thinks Peter Lawwell is doing a great job ?. Wether we like it or not Fergus knew first and foremost our club had to operate as a business,even to the extent that is was not solely dependent on football revenue which is too erratic to predict ( Before you say fuck off,ask yourself if you would renew your season ticket next year if we failed to win the league this year ). I think Peter Lawwell and the board are committed custodians of Fergus's long term vision for Celtic.They already know ( as we should if we use our head instead of our heart ) that the current wage bill was unsustainable and in Lenny we have a manager who understands that.We should be looking at good Scottish talent rather than showbiz signings.I still say Taylor, ODonnell, Porteous and say Cosgrove along with Turnbull is the market we must operate in.Our essential goal every year ( because without it there is no Champions League ) has to be Win the SPL and in my humble opinion we need players who know the League to achieve it !! .

I agree with you...as a business man Lawwell is the dogs bollocks. What upsets me is that he seems to put business before Celtic way to much. I've stated before that Lawwell could kill the myth of "rangers" with one statement. We have all heard of the smoking gun he has concerning res 12. We also know that he has decided to do fuck all regarding res 12. He sits on his hands while we are kicked all over the pitch and cheated by hun refs (beaton)...a couple of "we are surprised" statements to appease the fans now and again. He allows the media to spin bullshit stories about the club and says or does nothing about it. He does all this because he understands that to rock the boat would be bad for his "business".
He sells our best assets for huge profits and replaces them with project players on the hope he can sell them for a huge profit. Would be nice, for the fans, if some of those huge profits could be spent on experience. So the fans could watch their team destroy everyone in scotland and maybe have a good wee run in europe.

We don’t do things the ‘normal’ way ?could be because the KT money was not in the bank at the start ? if the funds are made available at this later stage ,good and well, am glad the English window is shut , overpriced ,second rate (on the bench ) type ,may be able to get a useful player or two from abroad , who knows ?hh
The epl is shut for incoming players only. They can still sell players

Unfortunately our board have watched us win a treble treble without signing players we all knew we needed.
They saw the anger in the fans last season but they kept making money. Fans still turned up. Season tickets still sold.
Lawwell and the board got away with it before and they will probably get away with it again.

Will they fuck. Not this time. They need to know that. We’ve had enough of them letting Sevco close the gap by standing still.

This shocking display in this window culminating in todays display has been easy to predict off last year's form. Our business model is out of date given the risk and reward of Europe. By standing still and playing safe we have let Sevco back into the contest. When will some people in our administration and those who support their inadequate staffing practises and competitive attitude learn?

Will they fuck. Not this time. They need to know that. We’ve had enough of them letting Sevco close the gap by standing still.
They will m8, its aw about the Balance Sheet & as an Acct even the Penny's drapped wae me noo!!????..Just bar me aff this site, al no be bak..Canny defend this ???anymare & DEFO NO A CLUB WAE NAE AMBITION IN A BACKWATER COUNTRY WINNING A PISHY WEE LEAGUE!!????..No Cunt in Europe gives a Flyin Fuk if we win 10iar & LIEWELL Disney give a Fuk abt Europe!!????..Fukin Maribor, Malmo, AEK & noo Cluj..Aye RIGHT European Powerhouses...NOT!! FUK U LIEWELL...AM DEFO DUN..C YA Troops!!✋✋✋✋

They will m8, its aw about the Balance Sheet & as an Acct even the Penny's drapped wae me noo!!????..Just bar me aff this site, al no be bak..Canny defend this ???anymare & DEFO NO A CLUB WAE NAE AMBITION IN A BACKWATER COUNTRY WINNING A PISHY WEE LEAGUE!!????..No Cunt in Europe gives a Flyin Fuk if we win 10iar & LIEWELL Disney give a Fuk abt Europe!!????..Fukin Maribor, Malmo, AEK & noo Cluj..Aye RIGHT European Powerhouses...NOT!! FUK U LIEWELL...AM DEFO DUN..C YA Troops!!✋✋✋✋
I share your anger. the way business has been conducted has not been acceptable. Fans who defend Lawwell are wrong beyond belief. A massive edge over Sevco has been wasted and we have lost L100mm in potential revenue by not replacing players BEFORE we sell them not after.

I think that ship has sailed mate,I dont think there is anyone capable of making Celtic a European powerhouse again not with the budget the managers is afforded,but I do believe we could do a lot better than we have done if we had a decent scouting system in place,from what I have seen arrive at Celtic Park in the last few weeks whichever scouting system we are using is drastically out of date..
I would love to be able to tell you that we could one day get out of the SPFL but you and I know I would be bullshitting you just like PL is doing to us..
Last night,s fiasco actually started in Athens last year,because that is how long we had to get the right players in before we started on another European campaign..sure we can place some of the blame for that on chasing the treble treble,this is why a good scouting system is very important..as things stand now we are in a battle to achieve 9 iar two months ago people were looking on this as a formality,time to get our act together with what we have at hand,and with a bit of luck we might get another couple of new faces in soon..HH

Lenny & Peter Talks:
Lenny: '' Bad night last night Peter, my reputation is going down the drain''
Peter: " Don't worry Neil it's not going to affect my bonus".

That is all I needed POD someone to make me laugh at a time like this,,I thought it would be tomorrow before I laughed..huns 0-3 MIDGIES.
We can all dream mate..lol.HH

That's good green spring. I am confused, angry, disappointed, frustrated, shameful etc, just like you and many. But we have had worse happen to us. We are good at picking ourselves up, dusting down and getting on with things. We will have better days and that's for sure. Have a nice one.

Members online

Latest posts

Back