Lenny vs Burke Merged Threads

He just wasn’t good enough is the main thing that WBA should dwell on. He is far too erratic, inconsistent, misses sitters in important games and his second touch is either a tackle or a shy.

We need players who aren’t just athletes. Running fast is only great if you can keep the ball under control or not end up tripping over your own fast feet. He couldn’t manage that and to be honest I don’t think he ever will.

He just wasn’t good enough is the main thing that WBA should dwell on. He is far too erratic, inconsistent, misses sitters in important games and his second touch is either a tackle or a shy.

We need players who aren’t just athletes. Running fast is only great if you can keep the ball under control or not end up tripping over your own fast feet. He couldn’t manage that and to be honest I don’t think he ever will.
Seen guys with a better touch doon the green ?

would have preferred them to call out their technical director for his comments

If they did it would give the Sevconian journos a field day. Let’s keep the focus on Scouser and his response to Derby and how he can’t turn it down.

I agree with you we need to be stronger in our responses many times, but in this instance I would leave it at that and don’t allow the press to make the biggest story about our manager and a carthorse who puts his boots on the wrong feet.

Sevconia is shiting it. Let’s enjoy that and hope it degenerates into them hating him, after he cites professional advancement as the reason he’s fucking off, instead of the truth that he knows his arse has already been wrapped up to be handed to him two years in a row.

He should know we win 9 or worse the treble again then he’s sacked. He needs to go now or his dreams of becoming Liverpool boss will have as much chance as I do of becoming the next Bond. Less even as I have a tux and like gin.

I try to make a habit of not criticizing the bhoys, and try to look to see the strong points in all our players. Burke was fast, there's no denying that. I think he needed to work on some ball handling, but he will be a better than average player someday.

But I keep going back to the draw with Livingston -- just watched the highlights again -- and man, anyone on this forum makes that late goal that Burke missed (this is not to say that the draw was Burke's fault -- there were some good saves and some miscues all game).

West Brom, you can have him. Thanks for the loan.

The Livi keeper is now down at QPR so Burkes opportunity missed was made more due to the whole team been denied with a good goalkeepr, had we been coasting the miss would not have mattered one iota. However, Burke at Celtic as our player, to do as we please, there is a player in there waiting to be coached and WBA will not get the best out of him, Burke can sit with a shit club and be paid handsomely for it.

Last edited:
The (insert any Scottish media outlet)

The Italian and Belgium leagues have suffered it. The highest bodies in world football, UEFA and FIFA, have had their fair share. But now its Scotlands turn.
A league and governing body that has done well (cough) to avoid the corruption and shame that has blighted our beautiful sport over the years now have an almighty headache.
This faithful and reliable journalist has uncovered a truly horrific story that is sure to send shock waves throughout the sports world.
After hours upon hours upon hours of painstaking journalism, I have come across a story on someones Twitter feed that even I find hard to comprehend.
While the likes of Mr Petrie and Mr Maxwell work tirelessly to make sure Scottish football runs like a Rolex watch. And Mr King and Mr Gerrard try to save the sport in Scotland by competing, successfully, with a team who are financially superior in every way, creating an unfair advantage in my opinion, we have Mr Lennon attempting to ruin it all.
This morning I have received word from a source (twitter) that Mr Lennon shouted at a player and made him upset......yes, you heard it hear first. Never in my 2 months training to be a journalist and 4 years bending over for lord traynor have I ever heard something so shocking.
This could be the straw that broke the camels back for Scottish football.
All we can hope for, for the sake of Scottish football is that Celtic are deducted 40 points, forced to sell McGregor to Leicester, Tierney to arsenal, made to apologise for having the mighty RANGERS relegated and finally, have all their previous 8 league titles stripped.
Only after all this is done will Celtic and anyone else, but mainly Celtic realise that you just cant shout at players and get away with it.

(Insert any Scottish journalist sucking jabbas dick)

The Italian and Belgium leagues have suffered it. The highest bodies in world football, UEFA and FIFA, have had their fair share. But now its Scotlands turn.
A league and governing body that has done well (cough) to avoid the corruption and shame that has blighted our beautiful sport over the years now have an almighty headache.
This faithful and reliable journalist has uncovered a truly horrific story that is sure to send shock waves throughout the sports world.
After hours upon hours upon hours of painstaking journalism, I have come across a story on someones Twitter feed that even I find hard to comprehend.
While the likes of Mr Petrie and Mr Maxwell work tirelessly to make sure Scottish football runs like a Rolex watch. And Mr King and Mr Gerrard try to save the sport in Scotland by competing, successfully, with a team who are financially superior in every way, creating an unfair advantage in my opinion, we have Mr Lennon attempting to ruin it all.
This morning I have received word from a source (twitter) that Mr Lennon shouted at a player and made him upset......yes, you heard it hear first. Never in my 2 months training to be a journalist and 4 years bending over for lord traynor have I ever heard something so shocking.
All we can hope for, for the sake of Scottish football is that Celtic are deducted 40 points, forced to sell McGregor to Leicester, Tierney to arsenal, made to apologise for having the mighty RANGERS relegated and finally, have all their previous 8 league titles stripped.
Only after all this is done will Celtic and anyone else, but mainly Celtic realise that you just cant shout at players and get away with it.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:! Hail Hail Lubo!

Top post.

In fact, imho, post of the close season Lubo. ????

It all bullshit isn't it....that this is actually deemed as news in a Scottish football...like there is nothing else to report on. The best they have is Lennon shouted. My God....if there is any lurkers on here looking for the next big story the attack Celtic for, here is a list.

Celtic cleaner kills spider in lennoxtown toilet, leaves thousands orphaned.

Celtic groundsman cuts worm in half. We demand compensation for the head part that needs to grow a new arse.

Flight taking Celtic squad on pre-season tour flew through and disturbed clouds. We await official club statement apologising to said cloud.

1561482280649.png

It all bullshit isn't it....that this is actually deemed as news in a Scottish football...like there is nothing else to report on. The best they have is Lennon shouted. My God....if there is any lurkers on here looking for the next big story the attack Celtic for, here is a list.

Celtic cleaner kills spider in lennoxtown toilet, leaves thousands orphaned.

Celtic groundsman cuts worm in half. We demand compensation for the head part that needs to grow a new arse.

Flight taking Celtic squad on pre-season tour flew through and disturbed clouds. We await official club statement apologising to said cloud.
Please don't mock the life of that worm and that spider wi its poor weans Lubo. I am sure lurkers on here will now be writing to all and sundry regarding those incidents and feeling positive that the resulting compensation will kill our club. We need to stop giving them false hope - funny as it is. ?

'Luke Dowling'.

Mouthy no-mark former semi-pro, career 'blighted by injury'. Aye. They all are. Mine was blighted by beer, because I'm honest. and even though I won a few leagues at Football Manager on my PC back in the day I never capitalized on those triumphs (i.e screenshotted my victories) to declare myself a chief scout/talent spotter/technical director...

Now he's grown balls big enough to have a go at Celtic for not doing as he instructed us and played his player as per his requirements. Even though he looks like he should be selling miracle hoovers on graveyard-shift TV.

Luke Dowling doesn't do irony. Luke Dowling and the other Luke Dowlings of the English game are the 'technical directors' who are responsible for players like Burke being bought and sold for values way, way above their abilities.

So when their proteges rock up at Celtic and can't make the Celtic grade it's a major slight on the egos of the Luke Dowling clones because the curtain's pulled back on their true knack of spotting/coaching/developing a player.

So Luke, take a bit of advice from a proper big club, stay within your English-ego-bubble remit and shut the fuck up. Fanny.

'Luke Dowling'.

Mouthy no-mark former semi-pro, career 'blighted by injury'. Aye. They all are. Mine was blighted by beer, because I'm honest. and even though I won a few leagues at Football Manager on my PC back in the day I never capitalized on those triumphs (i.e screenshotted my victories) to declare myself a chief scout/talent spotter/technical director...

Now he's grown balls big enough to have a go at Celtic for not doing as he instructed us and played his player as per his requirements. Even though he looks like he should be selling miracle hoovers on graveyard-shift TV.

Luke Dowling doesn't do irony. Luke Dowling and the other Luke Dowlings of the English game are the 'technical directors' who are responsible for players like Burke being bought and sold for values way, way above their abilities.

So when their proteges rock up at Celtic and can't make the Celtic grade it's a major slight on the egos of the Luke Dowling clones because the curtain's pulled back on their true knack of spotting/coaching/developing a player.

So Luke, take a bit of advice from a proper big club, stay within your English-ego-bubble remit and shut the fuck up. Fanny.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:! that's that nomark telt!!!!!

15m for someone that's equal to Robertson at Liverpool that's now quote at 70m...stoppit the Only difference is Robertson's assist...but can't defend like KT
if KT assists Ratio was better do think for one minute only a 15m bid? Naw me neither.

As far as I'm concerned TGS the lowball £15m bid isn't even based on KT's abilities, it's based on nothing but the usual EPL/English arrogance......'the boy is a great player but he plays in Scotland so offer the jocks £15m and tell them we're being generous even offering them that amount'!

If KT was putting in the exact same displays for Watford or Burnley they'd be adding another £20m to that opening bid.

HH TGS.

Members online

Back