Lenny's Scott Brown dilemma

He's played six competitive games already so he's nearly a third of the way there. He's looked really poor in every one, I'm sorry to say.

I love him but he's not needed in the wee games and he's not got it in him to play the big games.
Who IYO has impressed in any of the 6 games.

Who IYO has impressed in any of the 6 games.

If you're suggesting the team hasn't quite clicked then you'd be right. McGregor has been generally good; we've missed Eddy; Ajeti took his goals well; Frimpong gives us so much energy. Other players have been up and down - Taylor, Forrest, Ntcham, Moi, Christie, Jullien - but they've at least shown flashes of good play.

I don't say this with any sense of glee but bang average players are running by Brown like he's not there. Added to this, he seems to get in McGregor's way and Ntcham plays better when Brown isn't on.

I think Brown is the best Celtic captain of my lifetime. But this is not a season to carry passengers out of sentiment. I'd say he still has a role to play - maybe come on to see out games from winning positions, talk younger players through it, shithouse the opposition - but I fear he's a man down as a starter.

If you're suggesting the team hasn't quite clicked then you'd be right. McGregor has been generally good; we've missed Eddy; Ajeti took his goals well; Frimpong gives us so much energy. Other players have been up and down - Taylor, Forrest, Ntcham, Moi, Christie, Jullien - but they've at least shown flashes of good play.

I don't say this with any sense of glee but bang average players are running by Brown like he's not there. Added to this, he seems to get in McGregor's way and Ntcham plays better when Brown isn't on.

I think Brown is the best Celtic captain of my lifetime. But this is not a season to carry passengers out of sentiment. I'd say he still has a role to play - maybe come on to see out games from winning positions, talk younger players through it, shithouse the opposition - but I fear he's a man down as a starter.
Fair point L7 got my reservations from what I've seen so far, but don't underestimate his presence on the park...impact sub mibbee?

I don't think many of us are writing him off. But most think that he needs to play a bit less in order to maximise his impact. But his leadership, hardwork, grit & determination will still be essential in this season when we are going to face so much pressure and shenanigans.

First of all I believe this will be the last season of our brilliant captain and we find ourselves in transition as regards the roll he shall play now within the team. What we have seen so far this season are teams playing very deep which gives us so much of the ball that we have to try and break there defence down. That is not a strong suit of broony and can tend to slow our attacks down which gives there defence more time to get organised. Our success this season shall depend on us squad rotation well which will include all players some more so than others. Also on the bigger picture we do need to be prepared more so for champions league next season so I wouldn't use brown in this season europa league campaign as we have got cover in callum or soro for these games as just feel brown has lost to much pace for European football and would be better suited for the domestic matches. With the signing of Duffy that will also help on the leadership qualities should our captain not be on the park. Of course our captain fantastic has got a huge role to play in this season of all seasons still not to sure what role that will be as before long we will be playing 2 games a week for the best part of the season. However as long as he is picking up the league trophy for the 10iar we all know he will give his all as usual to make that happen

First of all I believe this will be the last season of our brilliant captain and we find ourselves in transition as regards the roll he shall play now within the team. What we have seen so far this season are teams playing very deep which gives us so much of the ball that we have to try and break there defence down. That is not a strong suit of broony and can tend to slow our attacks down which gives there defence more time to get organised. Our success this season shall depend on us squad rotation well which will include all players some more so than others. Also on the bigger picture we do need to be prepared more so for champions league next season so I wouldn't use brown in this season europa league campaign as we have got cover in callum or soro for these games as just feel brown has lost to much pace for European football and would be better suited for the domestic matches. With the signing of Duffy that will also help on the leadership qualities should our captain not be on the park. Of course our captain fantastic has got a huge role to play in this season of all seasons still not to sure what role that will be as before long we will be playing 2 games a week for the best part of the season. However as long as he is picking up the league trophy for the 10iar we all know he will give his all as usual to make that happen
Welcome to the noise John nò.

The huns love kent,because he punched Scott Brown-referee never seen it,aye
El fatboy kicked him in the baws-referee never seen it
naismith stamped on his baws-referee never seen it
aberdeen players queuing up tae assault him, when he's lying on the ground-referee never seen it
craig levein ' scottish football needs protected from Scott Brown'!
Scott Brown throws his arms in the air to celebrate beating the huns at Parkhead it just happens the whistle blows,when he's in front of the huns! he's attacked by halliday!
the media and the hundits go into overdrive, demanding he be beheaded, and the good ol'boys at the sfa, duly oblige and feckin cite him!,erm, nae agenda there! Celtic pop up wi' a QC and the charge get's shown up for what it is, a phuqin hun demand from the hun sfa!
That's whit Broony's up against this season, he makes a tackle, instant card, he gets fouled, no action taken, because, erm, the referee never seen it! 🍺 🥳

aberdeen players queuing up tae assault him, when he's lying on the ground-referee never seen it
Scott Brown throws his arms in the air to celebrate beating the huns at Parkhead it just happens the whistle blows,when he's in front of the huns! he's attacked by halliday!
the media and the hundits go into overdrive, demanding he be beheaded, and the good ol'boys at the sfa, duly oblige and feckin cite him!,erm, nae agenda there! Celtic pop up wi' a QC and the charge get's shown up for what it is, a phuqin hun demand from the hun sfa!
That's whit Broony's up against this season, he makes a tackle, instant card, he gets fouled, no action taken, because, erm, the referee never seen it! 🍺 🥳

Agreed and one of the many reasons why he is such a legend for us a true warrior and a master of the battle and stood firm against all that was thrown at him and yet stood tall and proud a true celt in every sence.
Sadly for him time is starting to catch up with him and we are moving in a new direction where our new style of football will do the talking
Squad rotation, change of formations, players been more versatile especially in the midfield area and this is why I think we may use our captain more sparely this season as we also have leaders that will still stand tall and proud against all the shite that's always thrown our way and yet it still can't and won't stop us on our march to glory

Agreed and one of the many reasons why he is such a legend for us a true warrior and a master of the battle and stood firm against all that was thrown at him and yet stood tall and proud a true celt in every sence.
Sadly for him time is starting to catch up with him and we are moving in a new direction where our new style of football will do the talking
Squad rotation, change of formations, players been more versatile especially in the midfield area and this is why I think we may use our captain more sparely this season as we also have leaders that will still stand tall and proud against all the shite that's always thrown our way and yet it still can't and won't stop us on our march to glory

Totally agree with you John. Welcome to the Celtic Noise Asylum btw 😂

Broony should be used more sparingly and Celtic have to get used to playing games without him doing a 90 minute shift week in, week out. He will still be able to infuse the grit, the heart and will to win into others from the bench or the backroom.

Imo Broony will know himself when it's getting harder for him. Maybe best for now we use him on the bench ready to come on for last half hour if we need that leadership to get us over the line. This will be his last season. He will go down with all the other great captains as legends of our club.

Sponsored by specsavers aswell😱

He's played six competitive games already so he's nearly a third of the way there. He's looked really poor in every one, I'm sorry to say.

I love him but he's not needed in the wee games and he's not got it in him to play the big games.
Respectfully larry7 I cant agree with that for it's too early to say for a start. He like the rest have missed so much playing time and the more you play the better you get. So far since the return hes been off the pace no question. It doesnt automatically mean that he wont find it. All players have poor spells broony is no different and he will know himself that hes not been good enough since return. Honestly though few have. He will be the last player to jeopardise the 10 just to get a game. Let's just hope he finds his mojo quickly , same for quite a few others.

Respectfully larry7 I cant agree with that for it's too early to say for a start...

Let's just hope he finds his mojo quickly , same for quite a few others.

I dearly hope you're right. Broony has been brilliant for us and he owes us nothing now. I fear Lenny's obstinacy-dressed-as-faith more than Brown's. By that I mean I worry that he'll keep playing him when it's clear the captain needs to sit out certain games.

Let's all hope that the penny drop moment does not come in October with some third-rate zombies, who aren't fit to lace his boots, running by him.

I would love to Winter to be brave enough to leave the decision up to Broony when he thinks the time is right to hang up his boots,any season other than this one I am sure it would have been his choice when to hang up the boots but unfortunately this is no ordinary season and he is no ordinary player.
We definitely owe this man the utmost respect but I am sure the same guy will realise everything which is done this season has to be done for the club and its supporters.
But Listen Bhoys and Ghirls we are talking about a legend here as if he was finished this is the same guy who gave up his international status for the club and supporters he loves so that he could get to this stage in his career 10 IAR, I genuinely believe Broony took into consideration that 10 IAR was a possibility and if it was possible he was not going to miss out,so whether it is 10-15-20 games he plays this season he will still be around to receive his 10 IAR championship medal and I think we will all know when he lifts that trophy for the 10th time in a row,this was his ultimate goal..

HH.
Brilliant read green sprig scot brown is a legend

Members online

Back