Let’s not blame the Players!

I think that Celtic FC have so far brought in over £10 million pounds worth of new football talent.
However, can we really say that all players or some players were not up to scratch?
I have attended only 3 games this season: St. Johnston and Motherwell and the home game against Cluj.
No disrespect to any team but St.J were a poor side on the day and a good junior side would have taken goals from them. Motherwell competed well but on the day it was like watching 2 Schoolboy sides trying to score goals. Cluj, well the main differences were Technical skills and Team technical formation, Celtic were no where near the standard of Cluj.
Defensive players are good, but the formation and ability to defend their goal is terrible.
Apologies to Lennon, and Kennedy but Coaching defensive skills and defensive formation is definitely not their skills.
Yes Celtic FC are an attacking side, but we need to have an organised and disciplined defensive outlook Celtic just don’t have that.
Failure to land the CL league group stages shows no progression at Celtic and now there will again, be a severe lack of money coming in.
Again it is easy to place a blame on Lawwell for not buying quickly and correctly, but in the end, it’s the way the team plays that is so important. In my opinion Celtic need to look at a Suitable foreign coach who can take the club forward and play with a backbone of competence.
To improve the Celtic side, We should get out of the SPFL, where mediocrity prevails. A league where we play the same teams 4 times in a season, or more depending on Cup draws or how far we go in the cup tournaments. There are no other leagues like the SPFL across world football.
These are just my thoughts and I am sure others will have theirs.

I think that Celtic FC have so far brought in over £10 million pounds worth of new football talent.
However, can we really say that all players or some players were not up to scratch?
I have attended only 3 games this season: St. Johnston and Motherwell and the home game against Cluj.
No disrespect to any team but St.J were a poor side on the day and a good junior side would have taken goals from them. Motherwell competed well but on the day it was like watching 2 Schoolboy sides trying to score goals. Cluj, well the main differences were Technical skills and Team technical formation, Celtic were no where near the standard of Cluj.
Defensive players are good, but the formation and ability to defend their goal is terrible.
Apologies to Lennon, and Kennedy but Coaching defensive skills and defensive formation is definitely not their skills.
Yes Celtic FC are an attacking side, but we need to have an organised and disciplined defensive outlook Celtic just don’t have that.
Failure to land the CL league group stages shows no progression at Celtic and now there will again, be a severe lack of money coming in.
Again it is easy to place a blame on Lawwell for not buying quickly and correctly, but in the end, it’s the way the team plays that is so important. In my opinion Celtic need to look at a Suitable foreign coach who can take the club forward and play with a backbone of competence.
To improve the Celtic side, We should get out of the SPFL, where mediocrity prevails. A league where we play the same teams 4 times in a season, or more depending on Cup draws or how far we go in the cup tournaments. There are no other leagues like the SPFL across world football.

Get out of the SPFL? How and where do we go? Our in the sky, our problems are caused by the club and they need to be fixed by the club, right here, right now.

Get out of the SPFL? How and where do we go? Our in the sky, our problems are caused by the club and they need to be fixed by the club, right here, right now.
Our problems are caused by the football tactics of the team, nothing else. It has been the same for years.
Foreign coaches are better than what we have in Scotland.
The SPFL are happy with their pathetic set up only for poor financial reckoning. Scottish football is dire and has not improved one bit since the SPFL Inception.
All Scottish Clubs are suffering because of the SPFL and the Directors of all Clubs need to reflect this and consider major change.

Our problems are caused by the football tactics of the team, nothing else. It has been the same for years.
The SPFL are happy with their pathetic set up only for poor financial reckoning. Scottish football is dire and has not improved one bit since the SPFL Inception.
All Scottish Clubs are suffering because of the SPFL and the Directors of all Clubs need to reflect this and consider major change.
Sadly, UEFA's rules don't allow us to leave. There are some teams play in foreign leagues (e.g. the Welsh teams, Berwick, etc) but that is because historically they were alrady members.

Maybe now is the time for us revive the Atlantic League concept with clubs from other countries with the same problem (Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Norway, Denmark, etc) otherwise it will just get worse year on year. But we have to get UEFA's appproval and this needs major rule changes which don't benefit the big league teams so is hard to force through (it failed in 2002).

What about Ronnie Delia?

The players have to take their fair share of responsibility too.

There were keystone cop moments out there last night and professional players should have enough game intelligence to remedy these problems as and when they're occurring.

That doesn't detract from the other off-field failures, but switching off at key moments then having complete mental meltdoons is only going to lead to one outcome.

Last night was a system failure from top to bottom, the question is, is can we now reboot and upgrade the system?

They pressed the life out us so Petrescu had obviously done his homework.Cluj were well organised but better technical skills?No chance!They were bang average but tair play they deserved their win.

They pressed the life out us so Petrescu had obviously done his homework.Cluj were well organised but better technical skills?No chance!They were bang average but tair play they deserved their win.
P.A, that's exactly where you see that disconnect with Broony and the rest of the midfield........when we face the high-press.

There are two ways round it. You either play long into the corners, or you play out in triangles.

There were a few occasions last night where three Celtic players were playing keep ball in the 18-yard box (and that's not including the keeper). Broony was back there with them and the next pass out is a 20-yard hospital pass because there is no link man to give you an "out".

Fucking mental stuff and you didn't have to be a footballing genius to see what was going to happen next.

Everything you say ,has very fair points ,only prob we won’t get out of this shithole,?and agree ,foreign coach has to be a very serious consideration ,ok we had Delia,Jansen,dr venglos,not exactly set heather on fire ,ok got titles with two of them ,but have to be serious in our quest for improvement in the side of things ,but with this board, doubt it ,hh

Good point PA,we caused our own downfall,not blaming players entirely ,second half was effort by us !but still Lennon to take responsibility for this ,hh

P.A, that's exactly where you see that disconnect with Broony and the rest of the midfield........when we face the high-press.

There are two ways round it. You either play long into the corners, or you play out in triangles.

There were a few occasions last night where three Celtic players were playing keep ball in the 18-yard box (and that's not including the keeper). Broony was back there with them and the next pass out is a 20-yard hospital pass because there is no link man to give you an "out".

Fucking mental stuff and you didn't have to be a footballing genius to see what was going to happen next.
We struggle every time a team play that way against us and i expect the monkeys to do it on the 1st of next month so we better come up with a plan to counter it or we will lose.Your second last paragraph is spot on mate ?☘

We struggle every time a team play that way against us and i expect the monkeys to do it on the 1st of next month so we better come up with a plan to counter it or we will lose.Your second last paragraph is spot on mate ?☘
I'd deploy the tactical strategy of hoofing anything in a manky blue shirt, P.A.

Just blooter the blue buggery oot it and hope that their injuries leave them with less on the park than oor red cards.

Good point PA,we caused our own downfall,not blaming players entirely ,second half was effort by us !but still Lennon to take responsibility for this ,hh
We did Ray and we're a better side than them ,thats the most annoyin thing.We could've put them away in Romania but lose 4 goals at home.Am sure the players and manager will be feeling it aswell so hopefully we get a good response.Hope we smash they fuckers in a few weeks .

To improve the Celtic side, We should get out of the SPFL, where mediocrity prevails. A league where we play the same teams 4 times in a season, or more depending on Cup draws or how far we go in the cup tournaments. There are no other leagues like the SPFL across world football. I agree with you Jinky with most of what you say . John Kennedy was a player with potential, end of. Lenny was a class defensive midfielder but nobody would say that both of them are great coaches.Rodgers is a top man manager but we went for the cheaper option again. The Tic are well known as an attack minded team but surely we can field a team that can go abroad and play for a draw when required. If K T told Lawwell that he wanted to leave after the end of last season then Lawwell is guilty of not getting a class attacking wingback in before K T left.finally, playing against dangerous opponents,why did Lenny play CalMac out of position thus causing weakness in both midfield and defence. H H Jinky hope to hear more from you.

Back