Let's Give Klimala and Soro a chance before casting judgement

there is definitely a legitimate reason for him not playing and and to his credit, Lenny is protecting him...Yes, he was a Rodgers era signing..Rodgers scout, Congerton recommended him..I know that Rodgers came out with the "another winger' pish but who are we to believe?

He was recommended to the Tash by his pal Shvechenko. Rogers was raging and that's why he sent him back in loan.

Last edited:
He was recommended to the Tash by his pal Shvechenko. Rogers was raging and that's why he sent him back in loan.

that is one of many myths floating around...regardless of how it went down, i trust Lennons judgement of a player none of us armchair pundits really knows anything about

Last edited:
Julien had a shaky start but he looked brilliant in all his clips and has shown that. I actually never believed we would get him. It seemed too good to be true, especially at the money mentioned.
Can remember that Le'eqquippe fitba mag saying it would be unthinkable for julien to join Celtic, super signing

Watch this again and tell me it's just tackling. Its dribbling. Holding up the ball and great passing. Its also shows his engine and strength. Not anywhere near just tackling. Although yes fucking brilliant at that too.

Haven't seen this hes like a juggernaut and can really pick a pass though from these clips nothing much is learned really about the quality of opposition etc so with kelly on that still its encouraging HH

there is definitely a legitimate reason for him not playing and and to his credit, Lenny is protecting him...Yes, he was a Rodgers era signing..Rodgers scout, Congerton recommended him..I know that Rodgers came out with the "another winger' pish but who are we to believe?
schevchenko tipped of nowhere man to his availability and the fact the clb needed a cash boost ,Congerton was still browsing shoot magazine along with the snake

Word is he's being eased along and rumours of lazy training wide of the mark, there's a large group of players who are being eased along in development and are seen as long term planning ,internet rumours of lazy players in training are well off the mark too

Haven't seen this hes like a juggernaut and can really pick a pass though from these clips nothing much is learned really about the quality of opposition etc so with kelly on that still its encouraging HH
The time to judge is in a competative game even then it will be a few games to adjust

The time to judge is in a competative game even then it will be a few games to adjust
Agreed just because a player looks the part and a perfect bizznizz addition for us doesn't mean lenny and co will agree ...at first. I would say since lenny and his own scouting team are doing the job I've been impressed by the quality of signing even if theyve not featured a lot just yet I'm certain all will prove shrewd business bayo I'm expecting big things from but I think lenny duff and co are right to let these young guys acclimatise and I don't just mean to the climate , the club ,the mentality, the drive to win everything that's in our way ,many wont have experienced anything like that before. Julien is different as his price tag suggests same for Forster and elyounnoussi let's hope we can keep them all though I hear real sociedad are interested in moi but that could be fake news as per HH

I think all these crap January signings and huge waste of money is partly due to us the fans putting unnecessary pressure on the board to make signings, any signings! Getting in Forster was brilliant, and a couple of other January loans have been semi successful too. Forster in particular was an inspired loan deal that has paid off big time. But how many January signings have we made that has done nothing more than create a bloated squad with the new signings hardly getting a game?

Paddy Klimala, Ismaila Soro, Kundai Benyu, Manny Perez, Vakoun Bayo, Marian Shved, Andrew Gutman, Scott Bain, Jack Hendry, Marvin Compper, Lewis Morgan, Scott Allan, Nadir Ciftci

Be honest, if you passed by any of these guys in the street, how many would you recognize? Out of all of them, maybe Scott Bain is the only worthwhile signing (so far), and even that is debatable! The rest, apart from Morgan who we recouped most of the investment, have been a complete waste of spondoolies. So why all this clamor for the board to get their cheque books oot every January? The last 3 January windows has cost us over 10 million quid, and what improvements have been made to the team? Not a lot! Certainly no 10 million quids worth!

Let's Give Klimala and Soro a chance before casting judgement...latest from Niall

I've got no idea why this old thread showed itself but I agree, let's also give bangura, Bayo, Barkas , Commper a chance and see how they do, lol actually, naw that's 3½years old this thread and Soro is still our player 🤷🏻‍♂️

Incredibly Soro got a 5 year deal for our £2.3 million and still has a year left on his contract that lenny handed him.

Just last week Panathinaikos were interested in him but I read that deal fell through.

The bhoy has an engine Audi would be proud of but he definitely needs an mot cos somethings wrong with the brake pads or brakes, timing has always seemed off.

There's a player there , he's still only 25 so I'm not surprised at Celtic hoping to get something back from the £2. 3 million outlay if a club can be bothered trying to tame him.

Though I've read confllicting reports on the fee we paid and length of deal he was given, some saying 4 others saying 5v years.

Good luck to him but it wont be in Celtic colours im.sure.

Always thought soro was a potentially good player, just needed coaching, and a bit of polish,, but kept diving into tackles getting booked, referees had his cards marked, early bookings blunted his effectiveness, resulting in early substitutions because of the potential for sending him off

Always thought soro was a potentially good player, just needed coaching, and a bit of polish,, but kept diving into tackles getting booked, referees had his cards marked, early bookings blunted his effectiveness, resulting in early substitutions because of the potential for sending him off
Which is just what the mibs are looking for one of ours diving in.

Surprised it wasn't drilled out of him but that's also part of what makes him a decent player his quick reading of the game but aye cards marked early on.

If one football have his stats correct ( idt they do) then he's not had as many bookings as we'd think .

Screenshot_20230709_000918_OneFootball.jpg
2 in his career? I could be wrong but I think that's bs and I'd be amazed were it not.

Klimala was another whom I thought given time could contribute, could see he had something.
Unfortunately time was against him as usually is the case and unfair to deny him like Morgan the move to the states.

Which is a chance of a lifetime, and not just for the football.

Which is just what the mibs are looking for one of ours diving in.

Surprised it wasn't drilled out of him but that's also part of what makes him a decent player his quick reading of the game but aye cards marked early on.

If one football have his stats correct ( idt they do) then he's not had as many bookings as we'd think .

View attachment 23164
2 in his career? I could be wrong but I think that's bs and I'd be amazed were it not.
Does that not mean goals scored for the column with the football?

Latest posts

Back