Letting go of the hatred.

Motherwell late 60's early 70's were a closed shop for Catholics in the steelworks, locomotive yards and pits.
Left OLHS with all my 'O' levels only the Nationalised SSEB would give me a job. Used those skills to travel and work around the world, met many who took me as one of them, the bile, the WATP attitude has hardened me. Do not hate them for the treatment, they were never aware of the shit they were dishing out.
Just never forgive them nor allow them to try and explain themselves. They will one day have a Damascus moment, pray chronic diaherrea accompanies them.

Motherwell late 60's early 70's were a closed shop for Catholics in the steelworks, locomotive yards and pits.
Left OLHS with all my 'O' levels only the Nationalised SSEB would give me a job. Used those skills to travel and work around the world, met many who took me as one of them, the bile, the WATP attitude has hardened me. Do not hate them for the treatment, they were never aware of the shit they were dishing out.
Just never forgive them nor allow them to try and explain themselves. They will one day have a Damascus moment, pray chronic diaherrea accompanies them.
Think you're bein' a wee bit harsh.......on the diarrhoea.

My Fenians! :) Thank you all, the amount of thoughtful response to my OP is both humbling and refreshing.
Each and every one of us has the 'right' to hatred and it is extremely difficult to choose the hard right over the easy wrong. But I'm determined to make that effort in future. I've lived abroad for multiple years and I gave up weed some time ago because I couldn't handle the paranoia any more. Chemically-induced emotions are also the easy wrong. I've always gone for the easy wrong but I find myself now in middle age reflecting on how lucky I am to still be alive and a functioning member of the human race. It's OK looking back and blaming circumstances etc; you can rationalise anything but that can also become a crutch. At some point you need to throw away the crutches, shoulder chips and excuses.
It's never too late to choose to be a better human. Being a better human is and has always been the Celtic Way!
I intend to live to the standard of a true Celt in future and I welcome guidance from those who feel I have deviated from that standard in anything I write here in future.

My Fenians! :) Thank you all, the amount of thoughtful response to my OP is both humbling and refreshing.
Each and every one of us has the 'right' to hatred and it is extremely difficult to choose the hard right over the easy wrong. But I'm determined to make that effort in future. I've lived abroad for multiple years and I gave up weed some time ago because I couldn't handle the paranoia any more. Chemically-induced emotions are also the easy wrong. I've always gone for the easy wrong but I find myself now in middle age reflecting on how lucky I am to still be alive and a functioning member of the human race. It's OK looking back and blaming circumstances etc; you can rationalise anything but that can also become a crutch. At some point you need to throw away the crutches, shoulder chips and excuses.
It's never too late to choose to be a better human. Being a better human is and has always been the Celtic Way!
I intend to live to the standard of a true Celt in future and I welcome guidance from those who feel I have deviated from that standard in anything I write here in future.
Well said My Man ...

(y)👏👏

As I marvel at the next generation of my family, the first not to be brought up in conflict as second class citizens since the dispossession of our ancestors I am often minded of this quote. To think a young lad in his 20s, in the most adverse conditions imaginable, could have such insightful hope for a future he knew he would never see but gave his all to realise only inspires me to rise above.
We will never be defeated while Ireland has such sons. Especially now Britain's liquidation mechanism has been largely dismantled.

1624216918305.png

Back