Letting go of the hatred.

Is that place got a balcony....a mind many years ago ma pal and I went to a place in Dundee....A disco type place, and some guy jumped aff the balcony onto the dancers below...It wis like a scene fae the Quadrophenia movie :ROFLMAO:
Hahahahahaha naw........that was the Barracuda/Coconut Grove/Grove.

That was oor rite o passage when we were bairns............take a divin' header fae the balcony and pray God there's a fat bastard dae'in his best Spandau Ballet moves to break the fall

Am Lennon daft Frank......Am no that auld, but I can mind it cost 1/6d fur a ticket tae see The Beatles at The Carlton in Kirkcaldy ;)
Ah think yer at it Lennono.......am sure ye went tae see The Quarrymen ! Am quite happy tae hod up ma hauns. Ah wis there during that wonderful epoch we know as the sixties......And before ye ask, aye Ah remember every bit of it. Seriously though I share your love of the great man.

Hahahahahaha naw........that was the Barracuda/Coconut Grove/Grove.

That was oor rite o passage when we were bairns............take a divin' header fae the balcony and pray God there's a fat bastard dae'in his best Spandau Ballet moves to break the fall
Brilliant....Aye ..mind it noo......There was anither place we went....ma pal played in a band and we went tae watch anither band, which he was asked to join....Anyways.....what a place.....we went doonstairs to it.....mostly in darkness....and there were 'gangster' type sittin aroond the bar....I herd wan o them say 'We've got spys in the camp' meaning me and my mate......When we told them the situation...they were cool...even bocht us a drink .......

Brilliant....Aye ..mind it noo......There was anither place we went....ma pal played in a band and we went tae watch anither band, which he was asked to join....Anyways.....what a place.....we went doonstairs to it.....mostly in darkness....and there were 'gangster' type sittin aroond the bar....I herd wan o them say 'We've got spys in the camp' meaning me and my mate......When we told them the situation...they were cool...even bocht us a drink .......
Anyone that doesn't say 'Ken' 48 times in a sentence is a potential spy in Dundee.

If you say 'shree' instead of 'three', then you're likely to be mistaken for the KGB!

Btw, Get Disney +, the Peter Jackson Beatles documentary is coming soon

GET BACK, ye mad Fifer, ye

I've recently come to the conclusion that I need to let go of the hatred. It may come as a surprise to some board members that I carry way too much hatred around with me and it's not healthy. I'm by no means xenophobic I only hate the British establishment and their lackies, such as the huns and loyalists; also I hate religions but not religious people. But hating establishments and attitudes without hating the people who support and espouse them isn't easy. Once you start to view people as 'enemy' you de-personify them and they become things rather than people.
Those of us who grew up in the north of Ireland or indeed Glasgow grew up in a conflict as there are sectarian conflict conditions in Glasgow too and people have been murdered simply because of their religion. So it's easy for us to see the huns as 'others' and the danger with this is you can deny the humanity of your enemies. This is much more of an issue on the hun side as it's them who espouse hatred as part of their so called culture and are responsible for the bulk of historical and current sectarian violence in both Scotland and Ireland.
And this is where it gets hard because huns, loyalists and the British establishment by their very nature and behaviour make it so difficult not to hate them. I've had varying degrees of success with jettisoning the mental malware and poisonous programming resulting from the environment I grew up in but the hatred is still the biggest hurdle.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
It might be totally impractical depending on your personal circumstance but try living somewhere else for a year or two. That way things which seemed like a big deal before can look completely different. If that doesn't work my second suggestion would be to take a large amount of ganja and watch the life of Brian. Every day. For as long as it takes 😁

my second suggestion would be to take a large amount of ganja and watch the life of Brian. Every day. For as long as it takes 😁
Drugs , both prescription or illegal are NEVER the answer, they don’t deal with the underlying issues, just make you not give a feck, start with the basics, find a nice place live, if you need to move to another town or city, do it, your environment has a lot to do with your happiness, find a job you ENJOY, you might be in a high pressure, high paid job, does it make you happy? Money is not the be all and end all, if your happier sweeping the street or stacking shelves in a supermarket then do that, be nice to other people, they will be nice to you, find a man or woman that loves you for who you are, not what you have tell them you love them every day, enjoy the simple things in life, a walk on the beach, a picnic in the park, can agree with watching the life of Brian though, laughter and comedy are infectious, try and laugh and smile every day, you’ll fell better for it…….enjoy life……we’re all only here for a short while……live each day as if it’s your last…because one day it will be …..💚

Have to disagree on that one. Anything that changes your perspective can be worth a try. No different from drinking.

What is probably not a good idea in the first place is asking advice on serious matters from strangers on a football forum 😄. Im sure 26+6 won't take any answer too seriously
Never smoked the ganja Andy ...need all the brain cells ive got as i dont have many!😂

Think we need a reality tv thread or something ,too many deep threads for my liking.😂

Go be in peace 26+6.
Hate disnae work find what works for you
This forum is here for you. Always found you Fair (ish) and Witty. Never walked in your shoes so no real understanding of the Daily issues. I try not to Hate but loose it when M Snatchers name arises. Miner’s we’re trampled under the Tory Government
So that’s always my Kryptonite. Even 36 years later. But must do better got the Kids and Wife to keep me straight they’re my
Straight jacket oh and I love Sprouts 🌱
Take care Big man let light lead your path

HH 🙏👏

Members online

Back