Leverkusen v Celtic - All Comments Here

Mikey Johnstone is a big disappointment Ajeti’s second touch is always a tackle Ababa is a shadow of the player who started the season and James McCarthy is too slow substitutes let us down tonight need to strengthen the squad in January

The difference was when we brought on the 4 subs the momentum went out of the team. Our squad is paper thin and it showed again. The drop off when you take off the front 3, and Bitton, should not be that big.
Overall a good performance against a good team. Expected 3rd before a ball was kicked and that's what we got. All three away games have been top class entertainment, 2 or 3 more quality players and games like tonight and in Spain will turn into wins.
Hart, Carter-Vickers, Welsh and Bitton all played very well. The full backs weren't great, going forward we are exciting and dangerous, our creative midfielders need to get the ball forward to them more frequently, something they failed to do tonight.
Can rest all our key players for the Betis game now, that will help us domestically given it comes in the middle of 12 games in 38 days.

Injury to Bitton pivotal imho.

Disappointed to say the least BUT there is something about our team and once we get the middle sorted we will push on.

Again in my opinion, Juranovic should be right back and Scales at left back, nothing against wee Tony as he has been brilliant but could perhaps do with a wee challenge for his position. Missed big Tam tonight.

H.H and onto the sheep.

Unlucky Turnbull. Just about got a late deserved equaliser. I feel we never saw enough from him for most of the match though.

I bet Ange would love to have Frimpong in our side.

Harte made one of the best saves I've seen. We need to tighten up at the back and I'd really like a Wamyama type player in our midfield - the January transfer is important not just for this season but to get players in (and out) and settled BEFORE we start next season's European campaign.
Forget Ange Bb ,...I would love to have the wee man in our team..
He went by Juranovic tonight in the secobd half as if he was not there..class act..

HH

Aw well, so close, it’s a learning curve, I still think we’re on the up, that’s a side in the top 4 in the German league, with another wee bit o luck we could have drawn or even won that game, I won’t be too hard on the players, they gave everything, bitton going off was pivotal in our downfall, looks good in the holding midfielder position in front of the back four……

on to the hun game now….hoping for a few serious injuries, a couple of red cards, a total humiliation, and the usual embarrassing behaviour from the hun crowd 🤣🤣

Aw well, so close, it’s a learning curve, I still think we’re on the up, that’s a side in the top 4 in the German league, with another wee bit o luck we could have drawn or even won that game, I won’t be too hard on the players, they gave everything, bitton going off was pivotal in our downfall, looks good in the holding midfielder position in front of the back four……

on to the hun game now….hoping for a few serious injuries, a couple of red cards, a total humiliation, and the usual embarrassing behaviour from the hun crowd 🤣🤣
The last one will definitely happen.

Start as i mean to go on.....for fecksake!!!! Bittons playing!!! Can't be arsed coming back to help out defence. Can't be arsed going forward to help attack. Just stands in areas where he can be easily marked out of the game....peppers his lacklustre performances with a few decent passes, to earn him a 👍 from Celtic fans who reckon he just makes it look easy. Walking about doing fuck all isn't him making it look easy....its him being a lazy bastard....hurry back Tom!!!!!
Button was immense tonight, if he had stayed in it would have been a different story.

Hopefully he will also have learned that if you concede as many goals as we do, we won't progress in Europe.

For me, a successful Celtic needs to progress out of the EL group stage. Proud of the players tonight but still some way to go.
After 6 months LC the man deserves to be happy with the display from a team he jas had to build.
Europe nights will not be long in coming back mate,we all want to see them at Paradise once again.

HH

Dont think we disgraced ourselves tonight and im happy with the progress we're making .Leverkusen are on a different level to us playing in a far superior league so i wont get too downhearted.One of the best players on the park was the 18 year old Wirtz ...what a player ..and Celtic get Jota signed now!!
Get vickers signed as well

punt MJ and ajeti they offer nothing

all in i thought we did really well

I think B.R. is a great manager but if I had to choose between him and Ange for what they have done in their first six months,for me its a no brainer,I believe Ange Postecoglou has awoken a sleeping giant in his time at Celtic and the great thing about it is,,we will get better..

HH.

Back