Leverkusen v Celtic - All Comments Here

Bit harsh on Giakoumakis he’s not been here a year hasn’t had a pre season and he’s a work in progress we don’t have a player called Juliette but Big Jules has been injured and he’s a winner imo
The rest agree they can move on to make way for new arrivals.

HH 🍀
Read today Gmak s knee injury may be worse than 1st thought. Could be out for a while.

Indeed. That team got to a European final and almost beat one of the best sides in Europe at the time.

It feels unreasonable to expect us to beat a side like Leverkusen away in the manager's first season but at 2-1 up we have to game manage better.

Imo Celtic should always be aiming for European football after Christmas. We're still in, so let's get a run going in this Conference league.

Do you really need a preseason, having had until almost December to get up to speed?
That’s what his manager said he was lacking in and it’s had consequences with niggly strains and pulls.
but then why have preseason training at all or the winter break training in the Sun
But every football Rugby And sports all over the a world do it every year
Strange

HH

Last edited:
I thought the effort and graft the team put in last night was the best I’ve seen away in Europe for a long time. My biggest fear was we wold run out of energy towards the end with no decent replacements on the bench to maintain the standard we were at
Thats it In a nutshell we don't have adequate replacements on the bench at the moment its not just about buying any player though to play the way ange does it takes a certain type I'm looking forward to January window if ange is backed he can cement our place at europa level without a doubt (champs leagues just too far now😔) with the right additions we can and will get better at this level its now time to concentrate on our league form now till Jan HH

Fair enough pal. I used that word based purely on reading your multiple posts about Bitton as that is how you come across to me at least. I agree he is a bit slow and Rogic will start when he gets fit again, but I also think he has been our best performing midfielder in the last couple of games so I'd give him credit for that.

If Ange is supported properly in the January window then Bitton should become a multiple purpose squad player again who will be handy for some games. HH

👍👍🍀🍀 like I said....its all opinions. Maybe I've just never forgiven bitton for the daft red cards he picks up!! He could probably have the game of his life and I'd still find fault 🤣🤣....it does make you realise the poor state the club has got itself into when he is our best DCM though. Especially when you think of the players we have had in there over the years. There is a long list of players that Bitton has played back up to. He hasn't got into the starting 11 by hard graft either. He's got lucky through tranfer mismanagement and injuries.

👍👍🍀🍀 like I said....its all opinions. Maybe I've just never forgiven bitton for the daft red cards he picks up!! He could probably have the game of his life and I'd still find fault 🤣🤣....it does make you realise the poor state the club has got itself into when he is our best DCM though. Especially when you think of the players we have had in there over the years. There is a long list of players that Bitton has played back up to. He hasn't got into the starting 11 by hard graft either. He's got lucky through tranfer mismanagement and injuries.
I understand your views upon Bitton as a player Lubo's and can't disagree with you on how you rate him.
I did believe he was finished at the club and thought the red card at the start of the season would confirm that and I would have been happy enough for him to have left the club, as seen no value in keeping hold of him.
However I will give credit where it is due, always thought calmac would be more valuable to us playing higher up the field, but wrong again as no one has been able to set up the tempo to our play better than calmac so far. Bitton to his credit has stepped in ahead of Soro and Mccarthy and produced far better than the pair of them when given the opportunity and credit needs to be given to him for that, especially as he hasn't let the team down imo.
I do agree that more quality is needed in the midfield area to make us stronger as a team.

I understand your views upon Bitton as a player Lubo's and can't disagree with you on how you rate him.
I did believe he was finished at the club and thought the red card at the start of the season would confirm that and I would have been happy enough for him to have left the club, as seen no value in keeping hold of him.
However I will give credit where it is due, always thought calmac would be more valuable to us playing higher up the field, but wrong again as no one has been able to set up the tempo to our play better than calmac so far. Bitton to his credit has stepped in ahead of Soro and Mccarthy and produced far better than the pair of them when given the opportunity and credit needs to be given to him for that, especially as he hasn't let the team down imo.
I do agree that more quality is needed in the midfield area to make us stronger as a team.
Lubos been touchy ever since Jamsam stole his boax mate, don't think he'll ever be the same tbh....

Members online

No members online now.

Back