Leverkusen v Celtic - All Comments Here

The Void’s wholly unprofessional snark at Celtic live on Sky last night would see him banned from Ibroke‘s in a millisecond if it was about them.
If Sky think that is acceptable behaviour from an employee, hired to give objective views and score updates, then it’s deffo time up for my subscription.
it’s not the fact that it’s Void, it’s the fact your paying to have a professional service from a broadcaster, paying plenty btw, and you certainly don’t want to see bigoted ex players of a rival club get a national platform to rip the pish out of you…it’s way out of line..

I think most of us on seeing the draw had a feeling that 3rd would be the best we could get,and so it turned out, now dont get me wrong the mids and defence need to get their act together, a few off the boil and it cost us goals, also no mids seem to be getting beyond or behind Kyogo when the ball is out wide, why?

Still gutted we lost though and are out. 😭

The Void’s wholly unprofessional snark at Celtic live on Sky last night would see him banned from Ibroke‘s in a millisecond if it was about them.
If Sky think that is acceptable behaviour from an employee, hired to give objective views and score updates, then it’s deffo time up for my subscription.
it’s not the fact that it’s Void, it’s the fact your paying to have a professional service from a broadcaster, paying plenty btw, and you certainly don’t want to see bigoted ex players of a rival club get a national platform to rip the pish out of you…it’s way out of line..
The same sky that employ Andrew ‘WATP’ Dickson 🤷‍♂️
he really gets it

Wouldn't class it as a failure 1888, you need to be able to take things away from such games, and plenty to be happy about and more so highlighted out where the improvements need to be made.
We’ve come a long way in a short time
If you’d asked me at the start of the season about playing leverkusen away I would have had the fear
A bit like the fear I’m suffering now 😨

Last edited:
We’ve come a long way I’m a short time
If you’d asked me at the start of the season about playing leverkusen away I would have had the fear
A bit like the fear I’m suffering now 😨
Very true Stg, Ange as a manager had to sell himself to us supporters, which he has done brilliant so far to date.
That also included playing very open attacking football, a bit to open which cost us results early in the group and left us with an uphill task after that.
Yet we have European football in the new year still and vast improvements have been made since the start of the European campaign started, so don't get the negative feeling surrounding last night.
Was even going to be an uphill task with a draw last night, only a win left it in our own hands as such, so are we expecting just a little bit to much for the space of time we have had as a team.
All the while we are heading in the right direction, I will remain very optimistic about the future and seen nothing to think otherwise as a whole so far this season yet.
A few disappointing results along the way is to be expected and has happened so far, but nowhere near a state of wanting to push the panic button yet.

Heres a question. Are we actually ready for CL football? We've struggled in the Europa. I know the moneys better but do we want a repeat of the skelpings we got last time? Not with the players we've got thats for sure.
The squad overall remains a bit light still brimcbhoy imo, but well on the way to getting there also imo.
I have said I would like us to be competive in CL football not to just make up the numbers.
There is still a fair amount of muck within CL football and many have just been 1 season wonders, still think a club like ours needs to be playing in that sort of competition every year, and this board has held us back from doing so imo.
But we are in different times now, with a whole new team and focus, so doing things in the right order still remains priority imo with focus upon the Scottish domestic scene and regaining our crowns again.
Still believe that we are by far still the best and strongest team in Scotland and just need to prove it by winning everything before us, then time to think about CL next season imo.

I bet you're suffering so much with the "fear" you're tucked up cozy in bed, which makes you a lucky bastard cos it's baltic out! 😾
Lucky him. The weather is absolutely horrendous up here in the north east. There is a red weather warning for the high winds and it has been snowing. We got sent home from work and all the schools closed. Driving home was awful as the car was being blown out of the lane. I got home and there is a power cut. Stay safe everyone.

Heres a question. Are we actually ready for CL football? We've struggled in the Europa. I know the moneys better but do we want a repeat of the skelpings we got last time? Not with the players we've got thats for sure.
I don’t think we’ve struggled brim
We’ve beaten ferencvaros twice and gave both betis and BL a run for their money.
Both away games we could and should have won.
We got a pasting at home v Leverkusen when in truth we could have had 3 goals of our own
We’ve made progress but not enough yet.
The CL is a step up but I don’t think Betis or BL would look out of place in CL. Neither would we. But if we’re playing a Man City/PSG we like most teams would face a pasting.
The finance from a year in CL should in theory allow us to give the manager more money

Last edited:
Admittedly we have a couple of transfer windows to go, so we will see what kind of backing AP gets from the board. I think middle to back is nowhere near strong enough. Calmac and Turnbull were both under par last night and you just cant do that in Europe, everyone needs to be on their game.
Thank god Hart was on it last night. Carter-Vickers too.

Brimcbhoy asked the question,,are we ready for CL football ???
IMO not yet,This January window will tell us a lot about what we can expect
in the second half of this season and hopefully what we can expect for next season
but I dont think we could do ourselves justice in the CL unless there was a big turn around
with the new signings in January..
We only need to look at last nights substitutions,no disrespect to these Bhoys but if that is the best we have on the bench then we are a long way off CL football..
I would like to see a bulking up of the midfield,I am looking for another Victor Wanyama type player who know,s how to break things up in midfield,I would like another Bobo in the middle of our
defence,I would love to see Daizen Maeda come in from Japan,the pace of this guy is unbelievable
so fast he would make wee Frimpong look like a statue,,one thing for sure is we cannot wait for these January signings to get up to speed,we need signings ready to hit the ground running,no point in brining new faces to Celtic in January who will not be ready until March.

HH

Back