Leverkusen v Celtic - All Comments Here

Both james forest and jota drop back to help out in Defense soon as they went off it unravelled at the back,,coz the one trick ponies that replaced them don’t fancy that side of the game!!same with Kyogo runs at the Defense constantly replaced by a lazy bastard not in the slightest bit interested in doing that,,weirdly enuff a enjoyed the game,just get to January and replace the non events and we’re lookin good☘️

As much as we all agree with Ange in his philosophy to play the Celtic way we have to show a bit more nous than that. Someone not sure if its Docco sorry if not you Docco said jota and Kyogo did very little ? I mustve been watching another game then. 18 minutes to go weve overturned a 1 goal deficit so take them off? When Bayer were rocking and oon the ropes was unbelievable so much so that I still cant believe it. Will we ever run out of ways to shoot ourselves in the foot? Nah theres 2 different feet to shoot at. Great performance against a side who have run away with the group in a country we struggle traditionally. Yip that's enough for me on it tonight I'm away to crack my head off the wall
It's actually no even astute management... managers n coaches have been makin these kinda decisions Fae Jesus Wiz a boy...2 wan up against superior opposition away Fae hame.....need atleast a draw...take forwards aff n replace them wae defensive players easy...dick Campbell even Knew that...yae certainly don't take class forwards aff n replace them wae dung against teams lik that

100%...best Defender on our books by a mile
Carter-Vickers is our best defender.
Jullien is only ahead of Starfelt for some because he hasn't played for a year. We seem to have forgotten that Jullien takes 3 or 4 games to get up to speed, something we cant afford to in the coming month. Jullien will not return, IMO, until after the winter break (maybe a few sub appearances before then).
Welsh tonight was as good as Jullien or Starfelt have been for us in European away games.
A first choice duo of CCV & Jullien with Starfelt & Welsh as back up gives us a strong central defence with options. The only issue then is no naturally left sided player.

Game changer was the subs, I'm a big fan off Ange so I'm thinking this is the sort of poor decision making we had before he arrived and possibly are still influencing onfield decisions today. Tonight was clutching defeat from the jaws of victory. Second goal was a thing of beauty for us. We posed a potent threat that made them hold back enough to not be so effective. To withdraw that threat and put on the likes of MJ and Ajeti - masters of underachievement - was a total brain fart. Macarthy lookes scared, rabbit/headlights. The subs destroyed our threat and diluted our defence. The players Ange has brought in todate have been largely positive, perhaps he is a genius in highlighting the poor choices he has at his disposal, but european games are not the platform for that. We have a rotten board that we seem stuck with. The BJ's of the football world, greedy, arrogant, neglectful of the people that fill their deep pockets. They work to the detriment of the club. Ange is the only positive we have, I hope he learns from this, long since gave up on any shred of decency from our board. Angela Rayner said it well.

Jullien is only ahead of Starfelt for some because he hasn't played for a year. We seem to have forgotten that Jullien takes 3 or 4 games to get up to speed, something we cant afford to in the coming month. Jullien will not return, IMO, until after the winter break (maybe a few sub appearances before then).
Welsh tonight was as good as Jullien or Starfelt have been for us in European away games.
A first choice duo of CCV & Jullien with Starfelt & Welsh as back up gives us a strong central defence with options. The only issue then is no naturally left sided player.
Tbf to big julien hes been out for so long it may well be longer than that to get up to speed I'd expect the same for many players does not young Montgomery play left?

On the substitutes. Ange said pre match Forrest wouldn't play 90 minutes, he's said previously that we have to be careful with Kyogo as the Japanese season started in February and he has played right through the year with no break (add in 3 long haul trips back for internatoinals) and just before he came off Jota was standing on the wing hands on his knees as if he was either injured or knackered.
The issue isn't who we are taking off, its who we are bringing on. Ajeti isn't good enough and should be punted and Johnston needs to go away on loan and play regularly before deciding if he has a future with us. Abada has done well to date, given he was signed as back to Forrest and ended up playing 20+ games already, and will come again after his current dip in form.
Bitton going off was probably the game changer tonight, a more natural defensive player than McCarthy and it showed for their 2nd goal. The other 8 on the bench were either promising youngsters (Montgomery, Murray and the young keeper) or players who will never be good enough for us (Bain, Scales, Shaw, Urhoghide and Soro).

Game changer was the subs, I'm a big fan off Ange so I'm thinking this is the sort of poor decision making we had before he arrived and possibly are still influencing onfield decisions today. Tonight was clutching defeat from the jaws of victory. Second goal was a thing of beauty for us. We posed a potent threat that made them hold back enough to not be so effective. To withdraw that threat and put on the likes of MJ and Ajeti - masters of underachievement - was a total brain fart. Macarthy lookes scared, rabbit/headlights. The subs destroyed our threat and diluted our defence. The players Ange has brought in todate have been largely positive, perhaps he is a genius in highlighting the poor choices he has at his disposal, but european games are not the platform for that. We have a rotten board that we seem stuck with. The BJ's of the football world, greedy, arrogant, neglectful of the people that fill their deep pockets. They work to the detriment of the club. Ange is the only positive we have, I hope he learns from this, long since gave up on any shred of decency from our board. Angela Rayner said it well.
Coz their awe Tory bastard's mate

I'm thinking Ange is concerned about the shear volume of games we have in a short period of time (I think I read 14 matches in 38 days) so he is concerned about running our players into the ground and risky injuries to them due to fatigue, so that is why he is making these early multiple substitutions.

The problem is that the players we are bringing on do not have the same attributes as the guys they are replacing and our performances drop off significantly. Kyogo up front is our first line of defence and it all drops off when he lose his energy levels and commitment as he harries the opposition defenders.

Maybe Ange needs to learn to just focus on the current game when it is such a high profile big match like this one. If he felt he really needed to remove Kyogo then I personally would have preferred shifting Jota into the middle or playing Abada there and playing an extra player deeper in a 4 man midfield.

We needed some luck and brilliant goalkeeping but should have managed the last 20 minutes better to get a win or at least a draw.

Overall I think we have performed better in these first 5 games than I thought we'd see but there is a feeling that we could and should have gotten even better results.

We can't do it at the moment due to many CBs out injured, but I wonder if we will ultimately end up playing a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 formation with the players we have? I think it protects the centre of our defence better and pushes our full/wing backs higher where they are better suited.

I agree with most of the comments from you good folk tonight. A terrific opportunity lost without doubt. And yet, I'm not too down about it. We have, without doubt, improved. Thing is, we still have some way to go. I think quite a number of us felt anything achieved in this competition this season would be nothing other than a very welcome bonus. Domestic supremacy is the be-all- and-end-all this season.
As for the game itself, I felt Biton having to go off was the turning point. After a less than perfect start, he brought a degree of stability to his game which was even more important as Calmac and Turnbull were both off the pace. Also have to say he can be infuriating at times when he slows the game down. However, I think he showed his worth tonight.
Both our fullbacks struggled against the quick movement of our opponents: the amount of space they left for them to exploit was always going to be our Achilles heel. Perhaps we got lucky at times, but when two thirds of the midfield aren't functioning, coupled with our fullbacks having an off night, then Lady Luck has to make an appearance'. Thank goodness we have ourselves a 'keeper !
Subs ? Something of a mystery to me as to why we have to make so many at the same time; completely changes the dynamic of the team. Also clearly shows the need for decent transfer decisions come January; quality from the bench will be crucial for sure. We simply don't have it at the moment. Still feel better about our prospects than I did at the start of the season. HH

Possibly the subs could have been fed in better to the game. Felt like the team was put in a food blender with 15 min to go! Lots of positives from tonight, we were not embarrassed. I would be a lot happier if Ange had his own backroom staff than one forced upon him. Every manager we have is sold short by our board. I really shpuldn't call them 'our'. They are pretty exclusive folk.

The good. The bad. and the Ugly at times we looked really good the goal and the penalty were well taken,our passing at time’s was not just not slack it was bad passes to players were short back passing was left us wide open,the defending at times was ugly and uncomfortable slashing at the ball crowding the box not moving out to cover shots and crosses we just seemed to panic at times we proved they thier equal yes we are an improving team but appear to repeat the same mistakes

I agree with most of the comments from you good folk tonight. A terrific opportunity lost without doubt. And yet, I'm not too down about it. We have, without doubt, improved. Thing is, we still have some way to go. I think quite a number of us felt anything achieved in this competition this season would be nothing other than a very welcome bonus. Domestic supremacy is the be-all- and-end-all this season.
As for the game itself, I felt Biton having to go off was the turning point. After a less than perfect start, he brought a degree of stability to his game which was even more important as Calmac and Turnbull were both off the pace. Also have to say he can be infuriating at times when he slows the game down. However, I think he showed his worth tonight.
Both our fullbacks struggled against the quick movement of our opponents: the amount of space they left for them to exploit was always going to be our Achilles heel. Perhaps we got lucky at times, but when two thirds of the midfield aren't functioning, coupled with our fullbacks having an off night, then Lady Luck has to make an appearance'. Thank goodness we have ourselves a 'keeper !
Subs ? Something of a mystery to me as to why we have to make so many at the same time; completely changes the dynamic of the team. Also clearly shows the need for decent transfer decisions come January; quality from the bench will be crucial for sure. We simply don't have it at the moment. Still feel better about our prospects than I did at the start of the season. HH
Good to see you back Frank hope all is well with you and yours.
Great post again nice to have you back

HH 👏

Members online

Latest posts

Back