Leverkusen v Celtic - All Comments Here

Don't hate him. Just think his style of play doesn't suit what Ange wants. Walks around the park. Looks lazy. I did praise him. I said he's made some good blocks. But when he has time on the ball his passing is slow and weak. No pace in his play at all. Even for jotas goal he fucked it with a weak pass. I certainly don't hate him. I just don't rate him. He wouldn't be in the team if rogic was fit.
Fair enough pal. I used that word based purely on reading your multiple posts about Bitton as that is how you come across to me at least. I agree he is a bit slow and Rogic will start when he gets fit again, but I also think he has been our best performing midfielder in the last couple of games so I'd give him credit for that.

If Ange is supported properly in the January window then Bitton should become a multiple purpose squad player again who will be handy for some games. HH

Last edited:
Disappointing. Ange ball not working in Europe. Domestically ok although we lose goals. We must change our style in Europe can't be that open. Players are put of there depth. Like to see us play more defensively when 2 1 up. The game was there for a win but blew it again. Will we ever learn.

Read a lot of criticism upon tonight and all very valid points also.
However I do also think we have to put things into perspective also.
This European campaign this season, was all about progression imo, especially after the shit we had to put up with last season.
In European terms, we still remain a very new team that is still finding its feet within European football, yet we have shown in huge patches we are capable of standing on our feet and well able now to compete against far stronger and more experienced European teams.
Our defensive frailties are still there, but we also have to take into account, that within Scottish football the defensive side of the game isn't tested enough, when teams are to scared to cross the halfway line, same applies to the possession of the football, when given the ball away or slow in possession etc etc will be far more costly in Europe, where we can get away with it in Scotland.
Only defence I can try to make about the subs which cost us so dearly tonight, is maybe Ange thinks keeping key players that bit fresher is of more advantage for Sunday in terms of needing a result more so than tonight as the league still should remain our priority this season.
A harsh lesson to learn tonight but one I believe will do us good in the long run, for now the players and management know what is required to succeed in European football.
The main concern still remains as to whether this board will invest in the quality to take us to the next level and been able to get the results needed in Europe as just been competitive has been acceptable for now imo but still have to be aiming to not only compete in these types of matches but to actually start winning them.
Still on the right tracks still, yet much work still needs to be done to keep heading in the right direction as remaining idle shouldn't and never be acceptable as this board likes to do to us.

Read a lot of criticism upon tonight and all very valid points also.
However I do also think we have to put things into perspective also.
This European campaign this season, was all about progression imo, especially after the shit we had to put up with last season.
In European terms, we still remain a very new team that is still finding its feet within European football, yet we have shown in huge patches we are capable of standing on our feet and well able now to compete against far stronger and more experienced European teams.
Our defensive frailties are still there, but we also have to take into account, that within Scottish football the defensive side of the game isn't tested enough, when teams are to scared to cross the halfway line, same applies to the possession of the football, when given the ball away or slow in possession etc etc will be far more costly in Europe, where we can get away with it in Scotland.
Only defence I can try to make about the subs which cost us so dearly tonight, is maybe Ange thinks keeping key players that bit fresher is of more advantage for Sunday in terms of needing a result more so than tonight as the league still should remain our priority this season.
A harsh lesson to learn tonight but one I believe will do us good in the long run, for now the players and management know what is required to succeed in European football.
The main concern still remains as to whether this board will invest in the quality to take us to the next level and been able to get the results needed in Europe as just been competitive has been acceptable for now imo but still have to be aiming to not only compete in these types of matches but to actually start winning them.
Still on the right tracks still, yet much work still needs to be done to keep heading in the right direction as remaining idle shouldn't and never be acceptable as this board likes to do to us.
Yeah that's fair John, none of us were looking for Europa glory this season after what happened last season we just wanted a team to be proud of again and I think we got that tonight, 10 minutes or so away from beating a German team at home for the first time, so close.
Ange has improved the team hand over fist, he was honest in his appraisal of the game but I'm in no doubt he wants us to keep improving and I'm sure he'll deliver it.
The subs were disappointing but it shows the squad is still thin, another transfer window or two and we could be in a bloody good place.

Yeah that's fair John, none of us were looking for Europa glory this season after what happened last season we just wanted a team to be proud of again and I think we got that tonight, 10 minutes or so away from beating a German team at home for the first time, so close.
Ange has improved the team hand over fist, he was honest in his appraisal of the game but I'm in no doubt he wants us to keep improving and I'm sure he'll deliver it.
The subs were disappointing but it shows the squad is still thin, another transfer window or two and we could be in a bloody good place.
The squad is still strong enough for Scotland Hoopy but as you say to get to that next level in Europe investment is still needed.
Could be hard to get the required quality in during January and the Asian Market would still remain favourite, and hopefully Ange has still got a few gems in mind cause this season can still be a very memorable one yet

The squad is still strong enough for Scotland Hoopy but as you say to get to that next level in Europe investment is still needed.
Could be hard to get the required quality in during January and the Asian Market would still remain favourite, and hopefully Ange has still got a few gems in mind cause this season can still be a very memorable one yet
To be honest I had a fucking ball tonight
We were in a game from start to finish away to leverkusen. Same with Betis. We’re punching and don’t anyone overlook it.
This wasn’t a pasting or a capitulation, far from it. 3 away games and 7 goals, that’s progress I’ll take.
When we had the Sutton’s/larssons/lubo/
hartsons we weren’t anywhere near as competitive as we are now.
I haven’t read the noise synopsis cis I’ve got 1 eye working, but I can bet it’s the defence getting pelters. But remember that this team and this style exposes them. When you play as we do, it’s folly to complain about the defence as though they’re within a normal formation and have the protection that others do. When they say we win as a team and lose as a team, that includes us fuckers into the bargain. A game we expected to lose/a game we would normally get pumped 🤷‍♂️
we fucking rattled them and s
Me I think this resembles a team that can give anyone a bloody nose anywhere. I’ll take that. We’re Celtic and we look like a Celtic team. A long way in 4 months, I can imagine next year we’ll be a force of nature.

sing up the raaaaaa

To be honest I had a fucking ball tonight
We were in a game from start to finish away to leverkusen. Same with Betis. We’re punching and don’t anyone overlook it.
This wasn’t a pasting or a capitulation, far from it. 3 away games and 7 goals, that’s progress I’ll take.
When we had the Sutton’s/larssons/lubo/
hartsons we weren’t anywhere near as competitive as we are now.
I haven’t read the noise synopsis cis I’ve got 1 eye working, but I can bet it’s the defence getting pelters. But remember that this team and this style exposes them. When you play as we do, it’s folly to complain about the defence as though they’re within a normal formation and have the protection that others do. When they say we win as a team and lose as a team, that includes us fuckers into the bargain. A game we expected to lose/a game we would normally get pumped 🤷‍♂️
we fucking rattled them and s
Me I think this resembles a team that can give anyone a bloody nose anywhere. I’ll take that. We’re Celtic and we look like a Celtic team. A long way in 4 months, I can imagine next year we’ll be a force of nature.

sing up the raaaaaa
No one gave any pelters as such Stg, you need games like these during such a rebuild of a team to highlight where the improvements need to be made in order to progress further in European football.
Good teams like tonight, will expose and take advantage of such weeknesses within your team and so it proved to be in the end.
But this is only the start of us getting back to becoming a very strong European team again and with a few more signings of quality that will become a reality still imo.
Want us to become a team worthy of being a decent CL team and well on the way to getting there still, and in such a short space of time is some achievement still.

No one gave any pelters as such Stg, you need games like these during such a rebuild of a team to highlight where the improvements need to be made in order to progress further in European football.
Good teams like tonight, will expose and take advantage of such weeknesses within your team and so it proved to be in the end.
But this is only the start of us getting back to becoming a very strong European team again and with a few more signings of quality that will become a reality still imo.
Want us to become a team worthy of being a decent CL team and well on the way to getting there still, and in such a short space of time is some achievement still.
Yes pal absolutely
in times gone by we’ve been cannon fodder
This team ain’t that
We had the game in our grasp but never saw it through
This wasn’t a performance lacking belief against a good German team and still getting beat, this was a game we should have won.

I have real confidence in our team and that comes from the manager and his belief in his style.
This ain’t the rehearsed and ready made excuses about finance and better leagues after a loss.
This was ‘we should have beat the cunts no matter what and we know it’
Next time
Mon the kraftwerk

Can somebody tell Tom Boyd to tell that Gerry character who commentates with him, that there is a thing called the commentators curse
Why tempt fate by saying with 15 minutes go, when we're 2-1 up..."I wonder if we can hang on for the win..."
FFS mate, we ALL hope that, but we don't fucking say it
Please, someone have a word with him and ask him to please stop it
Conor Hazard playing for the young team gets red carded when Goodwillie dives from four yards out and lands in the box
Tonight, and thank fuck for VAR, their goalie assaults Kyogo, fair enough we get the penalty after the VAR is studdied, but that goalie should have walked, nowhere near the ball, and elbows the wee man...no question it's a red
We did our best, but they were dangerous all night, and we will learn from this defeat, as there was some good football from us too
I'd have kept JOTA on but that's just me
Did Abada touch the ball after he came on ?
McCarthy does nothing for me, I'd like to know who suggested we sign him, again, just me
CCV booked for nothing, him and Anthony Ralston were immense and put in a shift
Joe Hart, what a keeper, I was happy when we signed him

HH

I agree with most of the comments from you good folk tonight. A terrific opportunity lost without doubt. And yet, I'm not too down about it. We have, without doubt, improved. Thing is, we still have some way to go. I think quite a number of us felt anything achieved in this competition this season would be nothing other than a very welcome bonus. Domestic supremacy is the be-all- and-end-all this season.
As for the game itself, I felt Biton having to go off was the turning point. After a less than perfect start, he brought a degree of stability to his game which was even more important as Calmac and Turnbull were both off the pace. Also have to say he can be infuriating at times when he slows the game down. However, I think he showed his worth tonight.
Both our fullbacks struggled against the quick movement of our opponents: the amount of space they left for them to exploit was always going to be our Achilles heel. Perhaps we got lucky at times, but when two thirds of the midfield aren't functioning, coupled with our fullbacks having an off night, then Lady Luck has to make an appearance'. Thank goodness we have ourselves a 'keeper !
Subs ? Something of a mystery to me as to why we have to make so many at the same time; completely changes the dynamic of the team. Also clearly shows the need for decent transfer decisions come January; quality from the bench will be crucial for sure. We simply don't have it at the moment. Still feel better about our prospects than I did at the start of the season. HH
Nice to hear from you Frank....Hope all is well.... 🍀

Maybe if we get rid of the likes of Ajeti, McCarthy, Bolingoli, Barkass, even Johnstone, Juiliette, and possibly Giomakis we will not be forced to use them as subs. None of them offered anything in the last year. One more window should bring us closer.
Ajeti, aye
McCarthy aye
Bolingoli aye
Barkas definitely aye.

Mikey in the last year has been mostly injured agree he hasn't shown any form since coming back, but keep.

Julienne been injured for 11 months and you want to bin him, hard taskmaster you mate. Keep

GG.. Not impressed so far but early days imho to bin him. Keep.

H.H

Ajeti, aye
McCarthy aye
Bolingoli aye
Barkas definitely aye.

Mikey in the last year has been mostly injured agree he hasn't shown any form since coming back, but keep.

Julienne been injured for 11 months and you want to bin him, hard taskmaster you mate. Keep

GG.. Not impressed so far but early days imho to bin him. Keep.

H.H
I really don't get the love in for Julia who's only redeeming quality in my memory is that he is 6'12". I believe Welsh is a better prosect at CB and have said so for some time.
There is something about GG that is not quite right....

Last edited:
Maybe if we get rid of the likes of Ajeti, McCarthy, Bolingoli, Barkass, even Johnstone, Juiliette, and possibly Giomakis we will not be forced to use them as subs. None of them offered anything in the last year. One more window should bring us closer.
Bit harsh on Giakoumakis he’s not been here a year hasn’t had a pre season and he’s a work in progress we don’t have a player called Juliette but Big Jules has been injured and he’s a winner imo
The rest agree they can move on to make way for new arrivals.

HH 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back