Livingston v Celtic - all comments here

Walker called Brown pathetic for acting injured when stamped on....he praises a Livi player for diving at edge of box to try cheat Celtic....the guy is a prick
Did you also here his comment about getting a referee decision to win a game,i think it was Tierney who crossed it in & claimed a corner.I know what he was insinuating there.I hate listening to him,he was never a great player.He tries to be controversial but sounds like someone who wished they could have been at the level some of our players are at.HH

Did you also here his comment about getting a referee decision to win a game... I know what he was insinuating there.I hate listening to him...

He was thinking of the wrong Glasgow team. The tribute act just got a penalty after the ball played the Motherwell defender's arm; opposition down to 10 men, their manager sent to the stand for saying something to the fourth official... It's no wonder the orc fans are deluded; they've never had to win fairly.

Genuinely had a lump in my throat after reading this. Beautiful and poignant. Thanks for posting.HH
Hopefully the Silence is regarded, people died from all walks of life mainly
the working class like us,someones relatives.

Oh and if the Media have nothing else planned they will have a field day .

Only idiots and neanderthols break a silence.

I think the best post of the week was tgjc.

They gave us their tomorrows.... heartbreaking absolutely heartbreaking.

THE GREAT JC,

I couldnt find your post but read it in another persons post.

You have more class than 99% of people i know.

I loved reading about your family but found it incredibly hard too.

Thank you my wonderful friend and God Bless you n yours.

Keep the memory alive. ?

Thought the team played ok on a rubbish pltch their keeper had a great game the minger should have been sent off for attack on Christie he was at it during the game again the ref not strong enough .I don't know why people think this type of pitch brings anything to the game .suppose it's the cheap version of an all weather pitch?

We didn't do too much wrong today imo, it's just our style of play is blunted by these horrendous plastic pitches. When you're trying to play quick passing football on the deck the ball slows up too much on these surfaces and you lose any sense of flow or momentum to your play and when the ball takes a bounce it's like the f*****g laws of physics break down as there's no way of predicting which direction it's going to go.

We maybe lacked a bit of physicality in midfield (Broony) and our shooting was a bit off but I think the pitch was our biggest issue today. I've said it before these type of pitches have NO place in the professional game and if a club can't afford a proper hybrid pitch, where the above issues aren't a factor, then it's either a grass pitch or amateur football for that club because these pitches are dragging down the standard of football and certainly don't belong in Scotland's top flight.

BTW how that Menga stayed on that pitch today is a mystery, not once but twice he put the head on Christie, the rest of the time he was like a pissed up bull in a china shop either running about wildly barging into anything in a hooped jersey or falling over every 2 seconds, got to be one of the worst football players I've ever seen.

THE GREAT JC,

I couldnt find your post but read it in another persons post.

You have more class than 99% of people i know.

I loved reading about your family but found it incredibly hard too.

Thank you my wonderful friend and God Bless you n yours.

Keep the memory alive. ?

Thank you Maria, I hope you know it's appreciated.

Today has been a bit nostalgic for me, and paled today's disappointing result to a lesser significance, far too many memories, good and bad, for me to think too much about the 'Livi' hammer-throwing their way to a point
.......West lothian.........Midlothian......still 'loath'some, any way you call it.
I don't think it will be of any consequence despite dropping two points, as I've predicted the last three years of Celtic's final points tally spot on. But the bookies won't accept a book on that, only that Celtic will win the league.......... or not, as the case may be.......AND in THEIR eyes.
Most of my friends DON'T think I'll be right this season, and STILL don't think Celtic will win the league!!!
But .........they will.......albeit by only 5 points to Sevco.
The fix is on........most definitely.
Next year will see the worst footballing decisions in European history........against Celtic, before they're forced to install VAR.
10 iar..............with God on our side.........it WILL happen.

God Bless Maria, take care.

Noticeable the 33 (Lawson?) was marking McGregor even when Livi had the ball. Calmac was urging Boyata and Ajer to take the space the marker left, which we started to do. Clever Bhoy. Just one of those days, in a league which will through up more challenges than the last few. Some of those challenges will include shit refereeing either deliberately otherwise. Livi were "robust" today but I thought we stood up to them well. Another ref might have been harsher. Not a Scottish one though.

I personally would never bet against a true gentleman like yourself. Memories both sad and happy are important.

Big love to a true gent and my friend ???

Poor surface to play in the ball holds up that's why Livi hit and chase or go long. The time was set with the foul on Edoua rd early on guy came through the back as down the back of his leg after that there were a few dodgy ones that Clancy let go and at half time blew so Celtic couldn't take the corner. Expecting some retrospective punishment for the headbut on Christie

I wonder if we could start a campaign to award a non scoring draw to all clubs who are obliged to play away at Livingston. This would help to reduce long term injuries. We could use the time for coaching, or could play a 'friendly' and donate the proceeds to charity. Clubs using plastic pitches should be forced to use 'free' money from Celtic for European participation to upgrade to grass

The next TV deal must include a clause about how TV money distributed to clubs is utilized. Celtic have upgraded the playing surface a Celtic Park by investing in it. Top tier clubs must follow this lead or we will never have a quality product to sell around the globe. Honestly, the solidarity funds should be used to ensure that players are not put in danger and fans are treated to a spectacle worth paying for.

Lets observe the minutes silence. While you may not agree to the wearing of poppies just think of all Celtic men and women who have died while wearing a uniform, do it for them.
Yes, for them, while wearing a uniform for fighting in the two world wars, but not for the British army in general, who have committed atrocities against Ireland, and other countries.

Yes, for them, while wearing a uniform for fighting in the two world wars, but not for the British army in general, who have committed atrocities against Ireland, and other countries.
For ALL men and women who have lost their lives for some ideology. However ridiculous. If we pick and choose our wars we will always sacrifice our young. NO WAR is good enough to fight for in my opinion.

Given that the two minute silence was respected and that there were no negative headlines, I think all talk of poppies and remembrance should be in the General chat area rather than in Celtic chat. I am not trying to be an arse about this, but I do believe in self-fulfilling prophecies.....if we over analyse this we simply invited unwanted comments and attention. May we return to the topic of our game vs Livingston where we achieved top spot? Poppies and remembrance have their place in the other forum.

Last edited:
Given that the two minute silence was respected and that there were no negative headlines, I think all talk of poppies and remembrance should be in the General chat area rather than in Celtic chat. I am not trying to be an arse about this, but I do believe in self-filfilling prophecies.....if we over analyse this we simply invited unwanted comments and attention. May we return to the topic of our game vs Livingston where we achieved top spot? Poppies and remembrance have their place in the other forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Back