Livingston v Celtic - all comments here

Considering all circumstances, I don't believe that that was a bad result yesterday.

Well documented issue with the pitch. A bit of roughhousing from the Livi. Some dubious refereeing decisions with regard interpretation and an energy sapping game on Thursday.

We will play far worse and win games this season.

I cannot emphasise enough the transition required from playing in an intense big match, with a big performance, and an even bigger result.

As fans, we were buzzing - so you can only imagine the pumped-up adrenaline levels coursing through the Bhoys post-match and all day Friday.

After a match like Thursday where we burned it - there is the inevitable crash. Especially when you have to pick it up again for a Sunday lunchtime game which has the obvious luggage attached to it.

For a number of reasons, this season is going to be all about making "the inches" in good old-fashioned Al Pacino style (Any given Sunday).

Yesterday represents an inch gained.......I would have preferred a yard, but as any of us bhoys will proudly tell you, an inch can make an enormous difference.

That's a tricky game negotiated and we're setting the pace now. We have proven to be excellent frontrunners, so let the chase begin.

I agree with you to a certain extent, SP but we should have more strength and depth to be able to make changes and take on the league games after a Euro night. Yesterday's game for me was 2 points lost even although we're sitting ahead of the rest. Sevco managed to make a good fist of it after playing on Thursday and we should be coping with all the smaller teams a bit better than we are. :rolleyes:

I agree with you to a certain extent, SP but we should have more strength and depth to be able to make changes and take on the league games after a Euro night. Yesterday's game for me was 2 points lost even although we're sitting ahead of the rest. Sevco managed to make a good fist of it after playing on Thursday and we should be coping with all the smaller teams a bit better than we are. :rolleyes:
But therein lies half the fun, Sham

Give the deadites an inkling of hope before smiting them with our mighty smote.

I'm not much for rollercoaster rides (vertigo and a weak bowel), but i'm all for a wee bit of drama and results like yesterday are good for popping the bubble a bit and making sure we don't get complacent.

It's definitely two points lost, but that's exactly the type of game we might have lost just 5 or 6 weeks ago.

Too much information about your bowels thank you very much!
I get what your saying about teasing the huns but I like us winning the league by a barrow-load of points and giving the klan no hope by New Year. :LOL:
Mind and write that on your Christmas list.

I wouldn't be averse to that scenario, but there's something delicious about seeing that wee light of hope being extinguished because it's that wee glimmer of hope that kills them (which is a paradox because they're already dead).

Ach.......now you've gone and confused me and i'm running in circles chasing asteroids again.

I'm away back to the Celtic Blog to discuss freemasons and operating expenses

Mind and write that on your Christmas list.

I wouldn't be averse to that scenario, but there's something delicious about seeing that wee light of hope being extinguished because it's that wee glimmer of hope that kills them (which is a paradox because they're already dead).

Ach.......now you've gone and confused me and i'm running in circles chasing asteroids again.

I'm away back to the Celtic Blog to discuss freemasons and operating expenses
Not sure if you have all the information about the operating expenses and stuff but I know a man who does. :ROFLMAO::geek::ROFLMAO:

For ALL men and women who have lost their lives for some ideology. However ridiculous. If we pick and choose our wars we will always sacrifice our young. NO WAR is good enough to fight for in my opinion.
You have to fight if people have invaded your country against the wishes of the countrys people, that is why Michael Collins and the IRA fought against the British. The black and tans invaded Ireland and murdered men, woman and children, and burned them out of their homes.
The IRA fought them with the group known as the flying columns and they could not handle that as most of the Black and Tans were only used to fighting in the trenches.
Was Michael Collins and the IRA supposed to stand by and do nothing? They did not choose this war.

Think I'll give this forum a swerve......I want read and chat about Celtic
Why don't you start a thread with a Celtic topic that we can all take part in. When people start discussing different things on a thread it generally means that the debate has been exhausted and folk are just messing about for fun. We are usually all waiting for someone to start a new thread that gets the Celtic juices flowing again.

Think I'll give this forum a swerve......I want read and chat about Celtic
Yes your right, sorry about that, but I was answering a poster who was making a reference about war, and had to make a comment as Celtic were founded by the Irish and will always be involved with Irish history.

You have to fight if people have invaded your country against the wishes of the countrys people, that is why Michael Collins and the IRA fought against the British. The black and tans invaded Ireland and murdered men, woman and children, and burned them out of their homes.
The IRA fought them with the group known as the flying columns and they could not handle that as most of the Black and Tans were only used to fighting in the trenches.
Was Michael Collins and the IRA supposed to stand by and do nothing? They did not choose this war.
Johnny Sorry mate. I've been away for a week. I am suggesting that men and women have died as a result of 'wars' It is those people we should remember. I do not care about the reason why, just that these people were drawn into a conflict, not of their own making, and paid with their lives.
As a Scot I do not have to concern myself with the rights or wrongs of foreign wars.
In my own country men, women and children were murdered, or burned out of their homes during the 'highland clearances'. It does not mean that I relive this every day. I have no inherent hatred of 'the EngIish' I move on in periodic rememberance of the lives lost in my own country.

Sorry I did not read the requests to move forward and talk about CELTIC. I agree. Let's focus on the club. My apologies.

Johnny Sorry mate. I've been away for a week. I am suggesting that men and women have died as a result of 'wars' It is those people we should remember. I do not care about the reason why, just that these people were drawn into a conflict, not of their own making, and paid with their lives.
As a Scot I do not have to concern myself with the rights or wrongs of foreign wars.
In my own country men, women and children were murdered, or burned out of their homes during the 'highland clearances'. It does not mean that I relive this every day. I have no inherent hatred of 'the EngIish' I move on in periodic rememberance of the lives lost in my own country.
Good post Vigobhoy, I do not hate the English today though I do have a hatred of the old British Empire, but we will keep things to football and Celtic. Have a good weekend.

Members online

Back