Livingston v Celtic - Premiership, Sunday 19th September

Gary67

Must win.
Haven't won an away league game since February, haven't won at the Spaghettihad since 2007, 3 draws and a defeat in the last 2 seasons.
Hopefully McGregor is fit to play, and I assume that Abada will be available to give the manager some more options than the zero ones he had last night.

Hart
Juranovic CCV Starfelt Montgomery
Turnbull McCarthy McGregor🤞
Abada Ajeti Jota

With our current lack of forward players would like us to at least put one of the young boys from the B team on the bench, Brooks or Moffat maybe.

Game not live on TV. Dodgy streams only;), unless you want to pay Livingston £20 for a crap stream that runs a couple of minutes behind real time.

Must win.
Haven't won an away league game since February, haven't won at the Spaghettihad since 2007, 3 draws and a defeat in the last 2 seasons.
Hopefully McGregor is fit to play, and I assume that Abada will be available to give the manager some more options than the zero ones he had last night.

Hart
Juranovic CCV Starfelt Montgomery
Turnbull McCarthy McGregor🤞
Abada Ajeti Jota

With our current lack of forward players would like us to at least put one of the young boys from the B team on the bench, Brooks or Moffat maybe.

Game not live on TV. Dodgy streams only;), unless you want to pay Livingston £20 for a crap stream that runs a couple of minutes behind real time.
Agreed Gary a must win game.
Not expecting to many changes to the squad from Thursday, and maybe a bit to soon to risk players returning from injury against a bunch of hammer throwers on such a shite surface also.
Expect abada to come into the starting line up to make a front 3 of
Jota, Ajeti, abada.
Can also see Welsh getting the nod over CCV who could be rested, and Monty moved to LB, or even giving scales his debut.
Allows for josip to play in the midfield, in front of Ralston to possibly give us a better shape to our right side.
Hope calmac is available, but can't see it myself, and McCarthy still looks well short of match fitness to me still but may be forced to take that chance still.
Leaves Turnbull or Rogic?
Think Turnbull might just get the nod with Rogic as his replacement.
So
Hart
Ralston, Welsh, Starfelt, monty
Josip, McCarthy, Turnbull
Abada, Ajeti, Jota,
Regardless of line up still expecting a leggy 3-0 win
HH

Tomorrow will be a battle tomorrow on that horrible shitty plastic farce of a pitch. They will get away with the usual brutal thuggery so we need fighters on the pitch. Don't risk CalMac if there is any doubt about his fitness. Jota and Abada could get blootered into the stands if the MIB allows them to do it.

I'm disappointed that Greek Dodd is not yet fit as I think this game is made for him.

Tomorrow has to be the start of an unbeaten run of league victories ...let's get this season started now 👍
Absolutely Mag7. We face most of those expected to finish Top 6 away from home in the first quarter of the season, so we need to go on a run over the next couple of months racking up wins. If we are close come January then we will kick on in the less hectic 2nd half of the season to win the league.

Absolutely Mag7. We face most of those expected to finish Top 6 away from home in the first quarter of the season, so we need to go on a run over the next couple of months racking up wins. If we are close come January then we will kick on in the less hectic 2nd half of the season to win the league.
Watched Hibs today against St Mirren ....really poor and Aberdeen are worse ...Motherwell only team who look like they can take points hence tomorrow against a team going backwards....results this weekend are all suited ..up to us now to move forward .

Watched Hibs today against St Mirren ....really poor and Aberdeen are worse ...Motherwell only team who look like they can take points hence tomorrow against a team going backwards....results this weekend are all suited ..up to us now to move forward .
That is a shame. I hoped that Glass with Broony would strengthen Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts and Dundee Utd would kick on this season. Although I love winning trophies I'd prefer to be doing it in a much tougher league.

We're going to need a physical presence in the box so hopefully this is the game for Ajeti if support and service can be provided and we manage not to fall victim to some training ground plastic-fuckery.
The plastic carpet makes for a faster game, tailor made for Jota and Abada, to get in behind the cluggers
I think I'd keep CalMac on the bench for this game, Rogic starts for me, as he has the fast feet and can ping a ball to the wingers and Ajeti who I think will start
Anyway, 3 points tomorrow is the target, don't care if we win 1-0 and it goes in off Ajeti's arse, these are the banana skins fo us
At least big Dykes isn't there to bully our centre backs, although I think CCV would put him in his place quick style

I caught the second half of the Hibs game and agree with you
Couldn't believe Aberdeen lost to St Johnstone, the knives are out already for Glass, and no doubt Broony will be getting slaughtered too by the Aberdeen fans

I caught the second half of the Hibs game and agree with you
Couldn't believe Aberdeen lost to St Johnstone, the knives are out already for Glass, and no doubt Broony will be getting slaughtered too by the Aberdeen fans
Very surprised myself dill at just how poorly the sheep have started the season, and certainly haven't done me any favours in the Predictor.
Saying that, I wonder how many of the so called smaller clubs really fancy there chances of having a crack at European football with the extra places available nowadays?
Tomorrow will be a huge test in regards of just how much progress we have made as a team ourselves, especially against the carpet shagpilers.
Think our quality is still far to good to drop any points but will be very demanding upon the players still, but the cream still rises to the top and will do for many a season to come still
HH

Last edited:
Livingston v Celtic Preview: Martindale is clinging to a footballing narrative that has long been yesterday’s story...

Livingston v Celtic – team news, kick off time and where to watch...​

Members online

Latest posts

Back