Livingston v Celtic - Premiership, Sunday 19th September

Yip m8 I saw it
I agree but if you listened to everything Gary said today there wouldn’t be enough fucking rope for all of us
Despite today
We’ll be back tomorrow
Well still be Celtic fans
I’m not trying to excuse today or make it disappear but these type of result were always coming given the circumstances we’ve been dealt with this season
Keep the faith mate
By full time I’d cheered myself up with the only positive I could find
Only losing a point on the huns thankfully
It could’ve been 3
I know mate. I;m just disappointed.

Scott brown
Billy Bremner in the hardest era
Danny migraine (spellcheck but leaving it as is)
All had steel but

I don’t want to see those cunts get a manager of the month or player of the month ffs never mind a domestic trophy
But I’m strapped in for the change of direction
People can watch today and think we weren’t up for it
But to me it looked like a new team new manager and new style that were faced with something that they weren’t prepared for
7/8 players never experienced anything like Livingston away
They didn’t know what to do when it never worked
That is what they/ange need to learn the answer to and quickly
cos for Livingston away, there’s the same challenge at st Johnstone/Ross county/st Mirren etc and on
That’s the nature of Scottish football away from park head and they need to find the answer to what we do when pretty footballs not on the agenda for the day
And I agree and what I am saying is we need to combat them with physically stronger players

I think instead of arguing opinions I’ll just say what I see
We have a team that can play against teams that can play
If you play football well give you a cracking game but will drive ourselves and our manager nuts by individual mistakes or lapses in concentration
But when we play ‘inferior’ teams on tighter pitches that make a living in the battle and their strengths lie in stopping better teams playing, we don’t yet have the players or the answers to that
Still say we have the players Stg, but a serious lack of tactical know how badly missing.
Any home team will give us a pitch to slow down our movement of the ball quickly in any manner they can, so nothing new.
Any home team will set up very defensively against us, as no team wants to be onto a hiding on there own turf/plastic, so nothing new.
When you become so predictable and obvious in team set up, becomes far easier for oppersition to know where they can hurt you, so nothing new.
In the modern era where the game in general has become so tactical, and yet don't change anything or won't, so nothing new.
In order to gain a change of fortune, you need to be prepared to change from management and players.
In for a sleepless night tonight with so many things that were so badly wrong today and yet nothing done to change things either.
Bitterly disappointed with everything that went on today still

Not getting this Tony regarding getting even more players bought in?
Already have a huge squad of players if everyone's available.
Still seem to be getting an awful lot of injuries in training by the looks of things, so very intense in training and can be powderpuff during a match?
Interesting point Johnno. Will be the fittest mob in the league with little or no end product. Looking through the 'spine' of the team with people like Starfelt, the big French pansy, McCarthy, and the likes of Ajeti we seem to be lazy of lightweight with guaranteed mistakes right through.

Can do nothing other than agree with you Smg. As I said, I don't want to slaughter any of our players, but I do have an early opinion forming in my head about one or two which for the moment will stay there. I want give them a decent run before making comment. Good or bad.
Try to stay in touch but give more games to the likes of Starfelt, McCarthy, Ajeti.... What am I missing here? Welsh is already more reliable than Starfelt who is not much better than Dane Murray. No need to say anything about DD's love child McCarthy. Biton would be a better option than McCarthy FFS. Ajeti is a lump who should be no more than 3rd or 4th choice. Why can we not get players up to speed quickly?

Whatever happened to 25 attempts at goal per game. When we meet these kind of teams I cannot see why we don't set up for shooting practice on 30 yards. We have players like Rogic, Turnbull, Jota, Jura, CCV and even Abada who can all contribute. We have a lazy bastard in front of goal who camps on the 6 yard line and feeds off scraps and spills but still we try to walk in into the net beyond a parked bus. An example was CCV who ambled up to the bus belted through their defence and was inches outside the far post but nobody seemed to mimic this effort.

Yip m8 I saw it
I agree but if you listened to everything Gary said today there wouldn’t be enough fucking rope for all of us
Despite today
We’ll be back tomorrow
Well still be Celtic fans
I’m not trying to excuse today or make it disappear but these type of result were always coming given the circumstances we’ve been dealt with this season
Keep the faith mate
By full time I’d cheered myself up with the only positive I could find
Only losing a point on the huns thankfully
It could’ve been 3
Was the positive you found a nice bottle of malt?🤣

Try to stay in touch but give more games to the likes of Starfelt, McCarthy, Ajeti.... What am I missing here? Welsh is already more reliable than Starfelt who is not much better than Dane Murray. No need to say anything about DD's love child McCarthy. Biton would be a better option than McCarthy FFS. Ajeti is a lump who should be no more than 3rd or 4th choice. Why can we not get players up to speed quickly?
Good point regarding Biton for McCarthy. He was many moons ago a midfielder who has been played out of position since forever. Why not try him back in midfield? Over McCarthy what's to lose cos McCarthy is fekn dire.

Good point regarding Biton for McCarthy. He was many moons ago a midfielder who has been played out of position since forever. Why not try him back in midfield? Over McCarthy what's to lose cos McCarthy is fekn dire.
Dire to say the least. Biton was one of our best midfielders at one point and has a bit of steel in him. Can score goals from distance. Shoehorned into back line then criticised for not being a CB.

I’m a Celtic man frank
I dont slaughter our players
I criticise though
A player only owes you his best effort
Today looked to me a team that had seen this story before and was a passing the buck excercise after 5 minutes if 2nd half
Collectively we were ‘beat’ and we knew it that early barring a break or bit of skill
I dint subscribe to our defensive woes being poor coaching
Almost every goal we lose is individual decisions and individual mistakes
When we come u against a typical resolute team who know how to narrow the game and pack their half we stop playing our game
It happened v hearts, huns and today on tight pitches
We

I think we're on the same page Smg we're both DEFINITELY Celtic men ! And neither of us takes pleasure in slaughtering our players. However, the time will come when we will have arrived at our opinion on those trusted with the privilege of wearing our Jersey. From my perspective there will only be honest assessment. Never abuse. I also agree with you on the defensive coaching thing, that is inasmuch as none of us ever see our coaches at work. As I said, we have majorly important players to come back who will improve us considerably . Whether that's enough to make a serious challenge only time will tell.

HH
int have a plan b when plan a ain’t working

I couldn’t understand yesterday’s substitutions. Your 1-0 down and you bring on Soro who was pathetic during the week and 2 players that hadn’t played for weeks or months respectively Bitton and Johnston.

Disappointed yes worried no still positive, Haveing said that can I make a mention of Kane Woolery of Motherwell Kane played a few seasons at Swindon the most frustrating player you could watch he could run like the wind beat two three players then go for goal and hit the corner flag,Kane all is forgiven your goal yesterday lifted the gloom good luck to you son

We need to drop this wing back play and leave us with 4 defenders in there correct place,and if we cant attack with six players it easy to see who is not pulling there weight, all we ask is at least have 4 players in the box when we go on attack when they are defending deep if you are not in there knee deep with them, you get fuck all from goal side of them

Members online

Latest posts

Back