Livingston v Celtic - Premiership, Sunday 19th September

Theres arguments ( always ) to be made for the midweek hangover but this was more than that. We can say they're a bogey team thumped them 6nil at CP havent won there since they were promoted etc and players like juranovic and jota Abada Kyogo forrest julien can change things. Then again that's still Introducing players into the starting XI who have yet to be there. I'm trying to take a realist approach and perspective to this and remember that Ange has been left the sh*t show pieces to pick up. Jota , brilliant in spain ( what a coincidence he's spanish?), Kyogo injured Forrest julien also and McCarthy not up to speed. I can be a realist but it cant continue , if we play a high press like in spain and take a 2 goal lead we have to be clever and not push the high press as much when it's not necessary again for the time being I'll give Ange the benefit of doubt in he doesnt have the players to play his angeball stuff. I like all of us want to see a free flowing cavalier Celtic in their stride but if we don't have the players on the bench or field to turn to , particularly in defence

A pragmatic post.....idealism is a great thing.....but game management is needed if you want to win the prizes...

Struggling myself to see how Mccarthy is going to be any advantage to us with the way Ange likes to play.
That role at the bottom of a 3 in midfield really sets the whole tempo of your play, and never seen Mccarthy yet play in a fast attacking set up and unsure if he can actually carry out the role with it as your playmaker most of the time, until your targeted with a high press.
Thought he would be used more so in European football or to take the sting out of a game when needing to slow the game down or to see a game out.
Was never his biggest fan as a player and still quite clearly not up to speed still.
Will he be able to adapt? Wouldn't count on it, unless there was a change to the system of play imo.

A pragmatic post.....idealism is a great thing.....but game management is needed if you want to win the prizes...
Root cause of defeats this season Kennedy Strachan jr. Rest my case mlud

Read about managers all saying the same thing. Managers need their own team people they have worked with and trust, inheriting another backroom team will cause disruption and flow and of course plotting behind your back. I certainly wouldn't want to go near the trenches never mind in them with Kennedy and Strachan Jnr.Famous teams Stein and Fallon ,Clough and Taylor, MON Robertson and Walford.Even Lennon and Mjalby at first.Apologies if I have left anyone out. Thats my take on it John no.

Read about managers all saying the same thing. Managers need their own team people they have worked with and trust, inheriting another backroom team will cause disruption and flow and of course plotting behind your back. I certainly wouldn't want to go near the trenches never mind in them with Kennedy and Strachan Jnr.Famous teams Stein and Fallon ,Clough and Taylor, MON Robertson and Walford.Even Lennon and Mjalby at first.Apologies if I have left anyone out. Thats my take on it John no.
Can't and wouldn't disagree with that ally, especially in this day and age where everything in football can be scrutinized so much

Can't and wouldn't disagree with that ally, especially in this day and age where everything in football can be scrutinized so much
Me either johnno but a club like ours cannot keep looking backwards fact is Ange was a very late arrival and the players more so. We must get with the times , the present times and get on with it yes we were the outstanding side in Europe for some time years ago but it was years ago and we are not the only club where the manager doesnt get to choose his backroom team. The players are the ones I blame for this latest upset and we need the January window tomorrow it's either that or we use the academy players and continue to introduce them this season with an eye on the seasons to come. I'm not happy with that scenario especially when theRangers are shit they are not the side they were last season and that sticks in my throat

I don't think McCarthy offers anything and the Livi game is a decent indicator. Anyone, ANYONE would have made more of a contribution on Sunday> Luke Shaw would have made a much bigger impact if only for his enthusiasm. Ange is doing himself no favours by trying to befriend people like DD by playing the likes of McCarthy and Ajeti. CELTIC would be better served by the likes of Brookes or others from the academy who will give you movement all day long. Oh and by the way Winter, Jota is PORTUGUESE but I guess all you Welsh people know that Spain and Portugal are different countries.... yeah? 🤪
Is he not iberian? 😛

Not playing with wing backs lordmac.
Using this inverted full back's, which entails the full back's to come more infield, but exposes more space in behind them to be attacked if we lose possession, especially with the CBs so far apart.
Not a huge fan of it myself and seems to cause plenty of confusion and panic still within the defensive line.
All based upon keeping good possession of the football, yet far to open imo if possession is lost easily
How many times have you see one striker attack our defence, and another follow him in while the wing backs are up the park and our. Midfield static

Must win.
Haven't won an away league game since February, haven't won at the Spaghettihad since 2007, 3 draws and a defeat in the last 2 seasons.
Hopefully McGregor is fit to play, and I assume that Abada will be available to give the manager some more options than the zero ones he had last night.

Hart
Juranovic CCV Starfelt Montgomery
Turnbull McCarthy McGregor🤞
Abada Ajeti Jota

With our current lack of forward players would like us to at least put one of the young boys from the B team on the bench, Brooks or Moffat maybe.

Game not live on TV. Dodgy streams only;), unless you want to pay Livingston £20 for a crap stream that runs a couple of minutes behind real time.
There is exactly more than 1 interweb sites to watch sporting events. Pay your bill take your pick.

How many times have you see one striker attack our defence, and another follow him in while the wing backs are up the park and our. Midfield static
Every game is the answer. It's their job. Sometimes they get the goal. As they do against other defenses. Thing is we have a defence that will improve, and imrove on what are good numbers. Livvy was not a back problem,jt was front deficiency.

Every game is the answer. It's their job. Sometimes they get the goal. As they do against other defenses. Thing is we have a defence that will improve, and imrove on what are good numbers. Livvy was not a back problem,jt was front deficiency.
it was both imo

defence is not our strong point
neither is midfield

so when the forwards fail we lose for certain imo coz we will ship goals regularly with our defensive set up

it was both imo

defence is not our strong point
neither is midfield

so when the forwards fail we lose for certain imo coz we will ship goals regularly with our defensive set up
Exactly what i said, and Ange tbh, paraphrasing, paragraphing, paragliding, they 'they score 2, we score 3'.

Exactly what i said, and Ange tbh, paraphrasing, paragraphing, paragliding, they 'they score 2, we score 3'.
good plan

but when strikers dont score we usually still conced 1 :(

Iberia is not a COUNTRY. ;) Same as you being called Welsh because both countries are on the same landmass.......:cool: Must be the same right?
Ahh right I get you just like sarcasm isnt really always a joke ? 🙄😁 in my haste I didn't put in ' he speaks Spanish " the rest was sarcasm in the form of a joke that went wrong that made you think that i meant what i wa.....och never mind 😂

Last edited:

Agreed and you also need the payers to play his way and as of yet hes only 60% of the way to having if that, 5o having those players. so we dont have the players who can play his style for 95 minutes, the other 40% ? Defenders and a couple of strikers we should always have 5-6 first team capable strikers and when in gods good name will our club sort out the defence with the thought of sell on having nothing to do with it ? Year in decades out we are always back to the never decreasing narrative " oh we need defenders " ? Thankfully my psycoskitzo counsellor and my good friend spliff keep me sane in this matter ( I was joking the last bit just not about my good friend) 😂

Last edited:
I don't think McCarthy offers anything and the Livi game is a decent indicator. Anyone, ANYONE would have made more of a contribution on Sunday> Luke Shaw would have made a much bigger impact if only for his enthusiasm. Ange is doing himself no favours by trying to befriend people like DD by playing the likes of McCarthy and Ajeti. CELTIC would be better served by the likes of Brookes or others from the academy who will give you movement all day long. Oh and by the way Winter, Jota is PORTUGUESE but I guess all you Welsh people know that Spain and Portugal are different countries.... yeah? 🤪
I agree about McCarthy but I'll reserve judgement until hes fully fit. I think it would be unfair to judge him on the back of s couple of appearances from the bench or 45 minutes. His style is that of broonys to me , break up the play and keep possession and his experience is also something this young side need . Many comments were posted in the heat of the aftermath. I will give the guy a chance to see what he brings once fit. You do know btw vigobhoy that Wales is a not a country its a principality of the uk. I'll just have to stop throwing in wee jokes obviously cos I can hear the " woosh" from here sometimes as it whizzes over peoples heads 🤪

I agree about McCarthy but I'll reserve judgement until hes fully fit. I think it would be unfair to judge him on the back of s couple of appearances from the bench or 45 minutes. His style is that of broonys to me , break up the play and keep possession and his experience is also something this young side need . Many comments were posted in the heat of the aftermath. I will give the guy a chance to see what he brings once fit. You do know btw vigobhoy that Wales is a not a country its a principality of the uk. I'll just have to stop throwing in wee jokes obviously cos I can hear the " woosh" from here sometimes as it whizzes over peoples heads 🤪
If we had the luxury of sending him off to rehab followed by double training sessions EVERY DAY until he is fit and then introduce him to see if he can fit into this team we would be much better off but that is unfortunately not the cases due to a dearth of warm bodies in that position. Not getting to an acceptable level of fitness is shameful for a "professional" within 3 months of joining a club. Leigh Griffiths was widely castigated (rightly so IMO) for the same issue. Is McCarthy to be held to a lesser standard?
By the way you might want to keep your head down (on account of low flying jumbos) on the principality 'myth' According to the Welsh government.... Wales IS a country, and NOT a principality. I have no idea who is correct and could care less. Love the banter though.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Back