Livingston v Celtic - Sunday 6 October, kick-off 12 noon - all comments here

the only dead ball player we have is Griff! feck knows what the rest of them do in training, practice,practice, practice! Beckham was an average player, but staying on after training to practice his delivery, he became feckin deadly!
I wonder how many of them do the 'official' training and then head off and how many stay on and do extra training. I wonder if any stay on and do extra training.

Fuck it, am no going fae feeling really fab since Thursday nicht, to feeling murder the day. We will get over it. It will be forgotten aboot as soon as the huns drop points, and they will....WE WILL win the league, aw these wee hurdles will be jumped over ….
A sair wan tae tak though 😞 If I was Lennon I would change half the team for the next game...Gie them young hungry bhoys a chance, and they will produce

This wis a wan aff…...We know we are better than that, maybe a kick up the arse is what is needed. Just glad it wisny the huns though...…...That wid gie me something to worry aboot….but at this time, aye pissed off, but no worried, and that's the main thing.

I'll come back to say: the woman who presents the fitba on Sky Sports just finished with what was essentially a 'good luck, Rangers' comment, which is just a taste of the volume of delusional, gloating 'natural order' supremacist rubbish that is going to infect Scottish football for the next few weeks. Or however long until we overtake them again. I still don't know why we're playing two away games in a row, while they're getting two home games in a row?

And by the time we come to play Aberdeen, unlike the team that played the Huns, which included Wee Jimmy the ball boy at right-back, they'll have all their main players back and Derek McWinless, who praises Sevco more than his own team, will be all fired up against us. Plus we'll have no Christie. We can't let them go more than 3 points ahead of us. Big pressure on us now.

I'm not sure who he said that to, but in the BT interview he said we were too passive, didn't do the dirty parts of the game well enough, didn't test their goalie, we were disappointing, we need to analyse where we went wrong and said "did we deserve to lose on the balance of play... I'm not sure". Sounds pretty much the same as we are all commenting on here!
That comment about not deserving to lose was on the BBC website. Hopefully it's not true because I don't think he should be as passive as that when we have 9 and 10 to go for and sevco is scrounging and stealing its way to put up a challenge.

I'm not sure who he said that to, but in the BT interview he said we were too passive, didn't do the dirty parts of the game well enough, didn't test their goalie, we were disappointing, we need to analyse where we went wrong and said "did we deserve to lose on the balance of play... I'm not sure". Sounds pretty much the same as we are all commenting on here (except the last bit)!

In the Sky Sports interview, he said that on balance we didn't deserve to lose the game. I was watching as he said it.

In the Sky Sports interview, he said that on balance we didn't deserve to lose the game. I was watching as he said it.
Sorry, I meant to say Sky, not BT. I heard it too and then rewound it to watch it again. I don't think picking out that one phrase and rewording it accurately represents what he said or the spirit in how he said it. But don't want to argue about it as we can all agree we were shite today.

early doors 2 panic or get carried away as if all roses like a few of d naive on here were b4.

but wish nfl wud stop makin changes 2 a winnin formula, every time it goes wrong.

cluj home leg we were worse dan when away n all bcoz nfl makes 1 or 2 dafty choices.
hibs n 2day he has team playin hurried footie agan shit sides.

Sorry, I meant to say Sky, not BT. I heard it too and then rewound it to watch it again. I don't think picking out that one phrase and rewording it accurately represents what he said or the spirit in how he said it. But don't want to argue about it as we can all agree we were shite today.

Yeah, I mean it hardly matters. Managers say stuff like that all the time. In other areas, he was bang on with his assessment. A minority of idiots are going to say 'Lennon Out' (I've been on twitter) and other such rubbish, but when I saw the line up, I didn't have any problems with it. All my criticisms are with the benefit of hindsight. Though, in fairness, I am a 'use Scott Brown' less advocate and also a 'start with 2 up front' advocate.

If Christie didn't get sent off do I think we'd have lost that game 2-0. Absolutely not. Christie going off meant we were hitting terrible long balls or trying to play through them without our 'Number 10' on the park. I'm also slightly worried by the subs. Lennon's use of Hayes sometimes makes sense, but when you're losing away to Livingston, is Hayes who springs to your mind as someone who can come on and change the game? Not for me. It tells me Lennon only fully trusts about 3 players on his bench, namely Hayes, Ntcham and Bayo. No Rogic. No Sinclair. Where the fuck is Shved? Griffiths has a virus, but even before that had been dropped to third choice striker.

ok,bad day at the office,we lost a battle,but we'll win the feckin war! of course we'll drop points. but so will the scum!
Agree Michael ,but how much will be dropped ,no point in crying over spilt milk now ,totally unacceptable results the the last two ,the huns will drop
Points? but don’t expect any today ,they will come flying out the box full speed ,and try to overrun Hamilton,which if you are a betting man should put your house on it, as long as they do not pull away ,that is the main thing ,! League is very early doors , now is the time to see what we are made off ,players AND manager, after Thursday it really wrankles? Hh

Kris Boyd's stauner is protruding from his mafia outfit.
I have not once so far heard anybody mention the real culprit of this piece..Ryan Christie..would we have won with him ??? will never know,,,but it would have been a lot bloody easier with 11 instead of 10 especially against a team who told us from the first minute...we are here to stop you...I have no problem with Christie giving some back,but that tackle was stupid
This is another Broonie penalty scenario which cost us dearly against Cluj meaning he just did not think before committing the offence..I have no doubt this mob were leaving the boot in and Christie would have been caught a few times but that is for Lenny to be banging on the ear of the 4th mason at the side of the park..
We know we dont just have to beat the teams in front of us to win the league,we need to beat the sectarian system which raises it,s ugly head everytime we step on to any ground in Scotland..
This will be the toughest league title in the history of Celtic football club,NOBODY wants us to win 9 IAR because it is not good for Scottish football for us to be dominating each year,,the SFA would love to crown sevco champions or anyone except Celtic and they dont care which method they use to stop us..
The surface today immediately gave Livvy a massive advantage,,,,the way the ball bounces of this surface is not for ball players and this is why I am so confused why Lenny put James Forest in the team today,,this is definitely not his game,in fact I would go as far as saying when Ryan went off we were literally down to 9 men,,the wee man will neither make or take a challenge,,in my opinion when it comes to games like this he is always looking to see who is coming at him rather than where the ball is..he should have been in the stand today watching...2 or 3 performance like this today must never happen again,if it does it will take us another 10 seasons to reach 9 IAR ..because this season will be over,,,then again maybe this is the wake up call every team needs now and then..
HH.

I have not once so far heard anybody mention the real culprit of this piece..Ryan Christie..would we have won with him ??? will never know,,,but it would have been a lot bloody easier with 11 instead of 10 especially against a team who told us from the first minute...we are here to stop you...I have no problem with Christie giving some back,but that tackle was stupid
This is another Broonie penalty scenario which cost us dearly against Cluj meaning he just did not think before committing the offence..I have no doubt this mob were leaving the boot in and Christie would have been caught a few times but that is for Lenny to be banging on the ear of the 4th mason at the side of the park..
We know we dont just have to beat the teams in front of us to win the league,we need to beat the sectarian system which raises it,s ugly head everytime we step on to any ground in Scotland..
This will be the toughest league title in the history of Celtic football club,NOBODY wants us to win 9 IAR because it is not good for Scottish football for us to be dominating each year,,the SFA would love to crown sevco champions or anyone except Celtic and they dont care which method they use to stop us..
The surface today immediately gave Livvy a massive advantage,,,,the way the ball bounces of this surface is not for ball players and this is why I am so confused why Lenny put James Forest in the team today,,this is definitely not his game,in fact I would go as far as saying when Ryan went off we were literally down to 9 men,,the wee man will neither make or take a challenge,,in my opinion when it comes to games like this he is always looking to see who is coming at him rather than where the ball is..he should have been in the stand today watching...2 or 3 performance like this today must never happen again,if it does it will take us another 10 seasons to reach 9 IAR ..because this season will be over,,,then again maybe this is the wake up call every team needs now and then..
HH.
Aye green sprig, wake up call,Lenny's got two weeks now to sort things out,hopefully all our players come back fit,ah' word tae Lenny though, ye can't play passin football on those feckin pitches!!!!!!

I caught a bit of Derek McInnes' interview after his side's 2-0 win at Livi. He opened by saying he'd make no apology for the way his side played on that pitch and that they'd 'won ugly' - zero football and a 2-0 win for Aberdeen. Celtic need to wisen up to these pitches

Not played well at all today obviously way christies red makes it harder but i feel a goal wid lift us we can still win this troops HH
Well that thought process didnae go too well for me or us did it?? We were aff the pace awe day lenny should av rotated bit more i think imo anyway not to worry let them have a week at the summit they wont be there come end of the season this international break will do our players good i think/hope HH

From the high of Thursday night's dominant display to that dross today......whit a difference a couple of days makes eh!

4 biggest things that cost us today......Lenny not making use of his squad with only one change to the starting line-up after an energy sapping European game, why he can't see some players needed rest after Thursday's game is beyond me. Ryan Christie's moronic studs-up challenge that all but guaranteed we weren't leaving that ridiculously named stadium with the 3 points. Kris Ajer's ongoing bout of brain flatulence that's seen him go from solid enough CB to a fucking liability who's let all the praise that's come his way go to his head and last but not least that abomination of an artificial pitch which Livi along with the others who use them should be made to rip up or be sent to play in the amateur leagues. Said it before and I'll say it again, if you can't afford to maintain a grass pitch fit for the sport then you have NO business playing that sport at a professional level.

Bad decision making on and off the pitch cost us the 3 points along with our place at the top of the table today. Aye fair enough it's early doors in the season so it's no a fatal blow but Lenny and the bhoys need to find a way of striking a balance with these Thursday/Sunday games because that's 5 points out of 6 we've dropped in the last 2 weeks we can't afford to be dropping too many more. Sort it out!!!!!

Back