Loan deals. The two headed beast??

Weedocbhoy60

Six month loan deals, shoite or a shrewd investment? My initial reaction is one of distaste, I think it smacks of Sevconomics. You know rent someone you can't afford for six months just to stop your rivals.
Weah is the point hear. What if he scores a 10-12 goals and keeps French Eddy on the bench, denting his confidence. He then returns to Paris and we can't afford him. In the summer we're back to square one with a striker low in confidence.
Oli Burke. "You got six months to prove your worth a deal son". Try before you buy. Not a bad idea.
Then you gotta wonder ... What is our scouting dept doing if they don't a good but from a bad one.
Or is this how Jan transfer window works?? To say I'm bemused is an understatement.
six month loan deals? A conundrum wrapped in puzzle??

I agree with a lot of that but if you have a look at the deals done in England so far most are loan deals of various lengths.

No a massive fan of loans, but 3 or 4 to boost the squad is fine. The problem is as OP said is if you build a team of them. That's sticking plaster squad development IMO.

Six month loan deals, unless with an option to buy or extend by a further 6-12 months, are in general a waste of time unless it’s to cover a specific position in the team where we are short of numbers due to injury. Burke loan deal falls into the waste of time category for me as we already have 5 wide players in the squad. Weah on the other hand makes sense, we needed to sign 2 strikers this window and with one permanent, Bayo, coming in on 4 year deal, Weah on loan covers for Griffiths who probably won’t be back this season, if at all. Weah may stay for next season as well if the 6 month loan deal goes well,
If KT’s injury is as serious as rumoured to be then a left back on loan may not be the worst move.

Members online

Latest posts

Back