Lockdown Music!

I met Stewart Copeland in a petrol station in Cirencester years ago, I was a huge Police fan when I was a kitten so I was a bit star struck, all I could say was aright big man? He kinda smiled at me like one would to a special needs child. 🤷‍♂️
Did ye know Copelands father was a CIA agent who helped depose (with UK intelligence) the democratically elected government in Iran in the 1950s ? They had the cheek to nationalise their oil. The UK and US then imposed the Shah on the Iranian people and allowed UK and American oil companies to take the oil again.
Sounds like a mad conspiracy theory but documents released in the UK and US prove it did happen.
Robert Fisk covers it in his book, The Great War for Civilisation.

Saw Gun at the firstT in the Park at Strathclyde Country Park in 1994.
A great live band.
Rage Against The Machine, Cypress Hill, Manic Street Preachers and....Kylie Minogue. What a weekend!!
Gun are all big Celtic fans, used to see them all at park head, when they were called lion rampart back in the 80’s, I think your got all the Hamilton t in the parks mixed up, kylie was definitely the 3rd one, 1st one was a Brit pop dream, maniacs, elastica, oasis, blur, pulp, primal scream great days 👍

Back