Looks like the tide has turned against Griff.

green sprig

If this is true then it is a very sad day for both Celtic and Griff.
I could never condemn Griff for his effort on the park it is how he acted of the park which has drawn
attention to himself,he has had so many chances to get himself sorted out and every time he has failed miserably.
I have no intentions now to start slagging Griff because that would mean I have forgotten all the good times he has given me as a
Celtic supporter of which there were many.
I wish him all the very best in the future which I think will be a very short future no matter who he signs for..

HH

Would have been more shocked if we were to keep hold of griff.
Couldn't seem to get himself motivated for a 10iar season nor wanting to make a push for Scotland at the euros, so fail to see what he can longer offer us nowadays.
Can he regain What he once had to offer? I very much doubt it, but wish him well and thanks for what he did give us in the past.

Has been stealing a wage for years, a players form can come and go, but for a professional athlete to be unfit for 2 years is unacceptable,
Thanks for your contribution over the years , but it’s time for a parting of ways……probably hibs or a English championship side….

Whats the timeline for players not involved in the euros coming back to train after thier breaks and seasons end?
Could Griff have came back after a binge and in a notably worse condition then a swift decision made? 🤔
Don't believe pre season training has started yet and also the club will decide upon how long players get after the euros but expect at least 2 weeks, so we could get players back from the euros a week or so before a CL qualifier.
Great preparation for such a match

Don't believe pre season training has started yet and also the club will decide upon how long players get after the euros but expect at least 2 weeks, so we could get players back from the euros a week or so before a CL qualifier.
Great preparation for such a match
Fair enough.
If there was a case like Griff id be wanting him to follow a fitness plan and report results while his new extension was being considered.

Doubt being left out of the euros will be doing him much good. I would expect the fallout of that would mean the player we will be getting back will be in a worse state than last year.

Cant imagine he will be doing the right thing and keeping his hopes of a deal alive anyway

Fair enough.
If there was a case like Griff id be wanting him to follow a fitness plan and report results while his new extension was being considered.

Doubt being left out of the euros will be doing him much good. I would expect the fallout of that would mean the player we will be getting back will be in a worse state than last year.

Cant imagine he will be doing the right thing and keeping his hopes of a deal alive anyway
Should never be having questions around fitness at a professional level for any player BBB.
Not able to last 90 minutes on the few occasions he did start.
His whole attitude seems totally wrong nowadays and wouldn't be surprised if he has become a disruptive figure within the changing room, and he possibly not on his own there

I've always backed Griff because of his gallusness and the amount of goals he gave us but it's wise to ship out those who won't shape up. We can't afford to pay players who talk the talk but can't or won't walk the walk. No team can afford to carry passengers and it's sad that he was unable to take one of the many chances he was given.

If this is true then it is a very sad day for both Celtic and Griff.
I could never condemn Griff for his effort on the park it is how he acted of the park which has drawn
attention to himself,he has had so many chances to get himself sorted out and every time he has failed miserably.
I have no intentions now to start slagging Griff because that would mean I have forgotten all the good times he has given me as a
Celtic supporter of which there were many.
I wish him all the very best in the future which I think will be a very short future no matter who he signs for..

HH
As I said before ....DON'T sign a striker fae the Hibees....there's some sort of curse on they wans

Still think he can score goals for us in the right set up.
He's not finished yet whatever club he's playing for.
Best of luck to the lad .
Fitness wasn't his problem, match fitness was and he wasn't going to get match fit coming on in the 80th plus minutes.
Eduard was the Golden egg he needed the games and goals to keep his value for the club. Griff hasn't got that at 31 years of age.

We needed him firing last season, not when he can be arsed

He should NEVER be allowed to wear that shirt again or take a thin dime from our club.

Cracking player in his pomp all the same 🙈

With this board it wouldn’t surprise me if they offered him a new 5 year contact and as a signing on fee a free years supply of tea cakes

To earn a wage at Celtic you should be a professional player 24/7. That means being at peak fitness and hours and hours of honing ball skills. They should be ambipedal (two footed) and able to do every aspect of your job exceptionally. Celtic should never be place for jersey fillers. Winning is everything. Never being a good loser. Eating like a professional and no alcohol or other impairing drugs. Certainly no teacakes! When I first arrived in New Zealand I worked in a hospital but wanted a good reference at the end of six months. I made sure that I always first on the ward and noted to be first and always last to leave and be noted by other leavers that I was still at work. When I am acting I rehearse for weeks as the character. I consider how the character walks and talks and eats and moves. Every aspect. Professionalism is not a job title. It is attitude of mind. That should be the minimum standard for a Celtic player and damn few reach it.

A memo to our scouting department. Any potential signings must possess the following.....The stoicism of Marcus Aurelius, the physique of Adonis, the sheer will to win of Alexander the Great, and the discipline of The Dalai Lama. Govan's teemin' wi' blokes like that......It would also be good if we could find a coach with some knowledge of those philosophies . Or maybe at least with a Greek sounding name. Rab C just Disnae cut it ! Can I ask you a question Fis ? Are you such a perfectionist when it comes to your chosen profession ? Naw, on second thoughts !

Latest posts

Back