Lurkers

Lemon

Have noticed some comments /threads that refer to folk logging into this site that are not members. Are they huns, mi5, ruc, kfc or mfi. Nae idea. How do we get those that are not unwelcome to dip their toes in the water? I'm not the best placed to make this comment as I have lurked not realising I'm not logged in and also been on line because I forget to log off. We need all the Celtic family on here with their love for the club, their fears for the club too. We are what keeps Celtic going and for good honest debate this is the best Celtic website going in my experience. This is the first website of any kind I have felt it worth posting on and I am a crazy anarchist with hardened opinions. So come on down you "lurkers", enjoy the craic, we want your views. FBI, RUC ,CBS, MI6, HMG, DVA, KFC and Subway fuck off??and whits way the army recruitment advert ?

Have noticed some comments /threads that refer to folk logging into this site that are not members. Are they huns, mi5, ruc, kfc or mfi. Nae idea. How do we get those that are not unwelcome to dip their toes in the water? I'm not the best placed to make this comment as I have lurked not realising I'm not logged in and also been on line because I forget to log off. We need all the Celtic family on here with their love for the club, their fears for the club too. We are what keeps Celtic going and for good honest debate this is the best Celtic website going in my experience. This is the first website of any kind I have felt it worth posting on and I am a crazy anarchist with hardened opinions. So come on down you "lurkers", enjoy the craic, we want your views. FBI, RUC ,CBS, MI6, HMG, DVA, KFC and Subway fuck off??and whits way the army recruitment advert ?

Would it be possible to permit an IP address perhaps 10 visits to the site and then block them after that if they haven't joined up? I'm sure anyone who visits this site 10 times will have made their minds up whether they want to be a member here or otherwise

I realise that specific people could log on with different IP addresses but would lurkers go to the trouble of doing so just so they didn't need to join?

Just a thought?

HH?

Hi Bill,

Good Morning,

It's fairly easy for people to use a VPN where they can pick which country their IP is associated to let alone a different IP.

Maybe the chat could be split into Celtic chat ( members only) General chat ( anyone).

Personally I don't mind anyone coming here, as long as they don't just pop up to cause trouble and talk illogical pish. A lot are bound to be people who are not celtic minded but maybe they would have something positive to add regardless.

Never been a fan of a 'society of secrets :)

Hi Bill,

Good Morning,

It's fairly easy for people to use a VPN where they can pick which country their IP is associated to let alone a different IP.

Maybe the chat could be split into Celtic chat ( members only) General chat ( anyone).

Personally I don't mind anyone coming here, as long as they don't just pop up to cause trouble and talk illogical pish. A lot are bound to be people who are not celtic minded but maybe they would have something positive to add regardless.

Never been a fan of a 'society of secrets :)

Is it possible to post on here as a guest?
I'd be surprised if it was and if not I'd imagine it fairly difficult for a lurker to cause unrest Unless someone advised me otherwise of course

HH?

I myself tend not to post too much on any site as I find my views mostly are too truthful for the faint hearted I do like reading other celtic minded peoples opinions and find this site quite good probably one of the best around for just looking would like to get involved more day to day but find myself saying no because most things on internet end with fallouts over opinions and that’s last thing I want with fellow hoops fans as i fallout enough wae the sevco mob anyway here’s hoping the board back brendan. If not they can get to xxxx as it’s now or never to bury the huns

I myself tend not to post too much on any site as I find my views mostly are too truthful for the faint hearted I do like reading other celtic minded peoples opinions and find this site quite good probably one of the best around for just looking would like to get involved more day to day but find myself saying no because most things on internet end with fallouts over opinions and that’s last thing I want with fellow hoops fans as i fallout enough wae the sevco mob anyway here’s hoping the board back brendan. If not they can get to xxxx as it’s now or never to bury the huns

The point is you joined the site

You can say as much as little as you feel comfortable with but the real issue we have is when there are 10 members and 200 guests online

HH?

PARTICK THISTLE… 1
(Coulibaly 29)

CELTIC… 4
(Benyu 36, Aitchison 44, Miller 82 & 86)

CELTIC Reserves bounced back from going a goal down to beat Partick Thistle 4-1 and get 2019 off to a winning start. Goals from Kundai Benyu, Jack Aitchison and a double for Calvin Miller delivered the derby win for Tommy McIntyre’s side in what was a tough game for the young Hoops side.

Miller, back at Celtic after a loan spell with Dundee earlier in the season, was dangerous from the off, creating chances down the flank but the Thistle defence stood firm.

They also had goalkeeper Aaron Lennox to thank, with the stopper producing a great save after just five minutes to deny Aitchison.

And the young striker, who is on loan with Alloa Athletic, although he can still play for the Hoops, was denied the opener on 18 minutes when his shot crashed off the bar.

Celtic were dominating possession and looked the more likely to score, but on a counter-attack just before the half-hour mark, Thistle took the lead.

Souleymane Coulibaly latched on to a ball over the top of the Celtic defence and slotted the ball beyond Reece Willison to make it 1-0.

However, just seven minutes later, the Hoops were level. Benyu ghosted into the box and proved a superb finish with a shot into the corner of the net.

Miller came close with a fizzing shot from 25 yards out just minutes later before Aitchison gave Celtic the lead with a header just a minute before the break.

The early second-half exchanges saw Celtic push forward in search of a third goal, with Armstrong Oko-Flex and Miller both coming close. But the Hoops had a let-off just before the hour mark when they conceded a penalty. Thankfully, Lewis Mansell hit the spot-kick wide of the post.

The home side were battling gamely in search of an equaliser, but Celtic’s defensive discipline was preventing many clear-cut chances.

And on 82 minutes, Miller made the points secure when he dispossessed a Thistle defender before drilling powerful shot into the far corner from the edge of the area.

The scoring was completed four minutes later when Miller’s shot took a deflection, leaving the Thistle goalkeeper stranded as the ball nestled in the back of the net to make it 4-1 for the Hoops.

Kerr McInroy was denied a goal in the final moments when his effort was saved by Lennox, but it was a strong performance from Tommy McIntyre’s side as they returned to league action with a win.

PARTICK THISTLE: Lennox, Duncanson, Rodden, Duncan, McIntyre, Wilson, McCarthy, Mansell, Roy, Coulibaly, Niang.
Subs: Scullion, Crooks, Watson, Walker, Griffiths, Kemoe, Eadie

CELTIC: Willison ,Duffy, Church, Welsh, Hill, Mulumbu, McInroy, Miller, Benyu, Oko-Flex, Aitchison.
Subs: Hughes, Mazis, Diver, Caffrey, Savoury, Bell

PARTICK THISTLE… 1
(Coulibaly 29)

CELTIC… 4
(Benyu 36, Aitchison 44, Miller 82 & 86)

CELTIC Reserves bounced back from going a goal down to beat Partick Thistle 4-1 and get 2019 off to a winning start. Goals from Kundai Benyu, Jack Aitchison and a double for Calvin Miller delivered the derby win for Tommy McIntyre’s side in what was a tough game for the young Hoops side.

Miller, back at Celtic after a loan spell with Dundee earlier in the season, was dangerous from the off, creating chances down the flank but the Thistle defence stood firm.

They also had goalkeeper Aaron Lennox to thank, with the stopper producing a great save after just five minutes to deny Aitchison.

And the young striker, who is on loan with Alloa Athletic, although he can still play for the Hoops, was denied the opener on 18 minutes when his shot crashed off the bar.

Celtic were dominating possession and looked the more likely to score, but on a counter-attack just before the half-hour mark, Thistle took the lead.

Souleymane Coulibaly latched on to a ball over the top of the Celtic defence and slotted the ball beyond Reece Willison to make it 1-0.

However, just seven minutes later, the Hoops were level. Benyu ghosted into the box and proved a superb finish with a shot into the corner of the net.

Miller came close with a fizzing shot from 25 yards out just minutes later before Aitchison gave Celtic the lead with a header just a minute before the break.

The early second-half exchanges saw Celtic push forward in search of a third goal, with Armstrong Oko-Flex and Miller both coming close. But the Hoops had a let-off just before the hour mark when they conceded a penalty. Thankfully, Lewis Mansell hit the spot-kick wide of the post.

The home side were battling gamely in search of an equaliser, but Celtic’s defensive discipline was preventing many clear-cut chances.

And on 82 minutes, Miller made the points secure when he dispossessed a Thistle defender before drilling powerful shot into the far corner from the edge of the area.

The scoring was completed four minutes later when Miller’s shot took a deflection, leaving the Thistle goalkeeper stranded as the ball nestled in the back of the net to make it 4-1 for the Hoops.

Kerr McInroy was denied a goal in the final moments when his effort was saved by Lennox, but it was a strong performance from Tommy McIntyre’s side as they returned to league action with a win.

PARTICK THISTLE: Lennox, Duncanson, Rodden, Duncan, McIntyre, Wilson, McCarthy, Mansell, Roy, Coulibaly, Niang.
Subs: Scullion, Crooks, Watson, Walker, Griffiths, Kemoe, Eadie

CELTIC: Willison ,Duffy, Church, Welsh, Hill, Mulumbu, McInroy, Miller, Benyu, Oko-Flex, Aitchison.
Subs: Hughes, Mazis, Diver, Caffrey, Savoury, Bell

I thought Jack Aitchison had gone out on loan

HH?

Latest posts

Back