Maeda out time for big Giakoumakis to step up and show us what he’s got

I still have high hopes for Giakoumakis. He has shown flashes of excellent play and now he needs to be more consistent and start banging in the goals.

Do Alloa still have that early generation plastic pitch? If they do then it is honking and plays much worse than Livi's carpet.

Hopefully Ajeti gets a chance too and scores. This will showcase him to interested clubs or boost his confidence if he stays - both of which are important to us.

I still have high hopes for Giakoumakis. He has shown flashes of excellent play and now he needs to be more consistent and start banging in the goals.

Do Alloa still have that early generation plastic pitch? If they do then it is honking and plays much worse than Livi's carpet.

Hopefully Ajeti gets a chance too and scores. This will showcase him to interested clubs or boost his confidence if he stays - both of which are important to us.
It was redone a few years ago mate, still artificial so probably still shite but not as shite as it used to be.

Japan play on the 1st ? Glasgow derby is 7.45 kickoff on the 2nd..Maeda is third choice striker for Japan and maybe not involved or only on a sub more likely..Surely if they dates are right , Celtic could organise a chartered plane to get him back after Japan game even if he was a sub for Glasgow Derby ? Maybe it isnt even possible ? It may sound abit rushed but i think we all know how important this game is

Last edited:
It was redone a few years ago mate, still artificial so probably still shite but not as shite as it used to be.
Some of the later generation artificial pitches are really good and are a big improvement on the old grass pitches that the smaller clubs have as they can't afford the sophisticated drainage systems, undersoil heating and UV lights that help restore the grass diring the winter months when we play.

I have heard lots of excellent reports about the one Forfar have from people who have played different sports on it. But these should be used as community pitches for multiple local clubs and should not be allowed in the top league IMO.

With meada and kyogo unavailable for the jam tarts match, I would still think abada will be favorite for the position through the middle in the way Ange likes to play.
Still believe GG has got a big role to play for us still, especially against the anti football teams.
Could do with a few goals to help win the supporters over still, and even if the jury remains out upon him still, I think he will still come good and be a valuable member for the squad until the end of the season still.
Looks like he will offer us far more than ajeti ever could imo.

Some of the later generation artificial pitches are really good and are a big improvement on the old grass pitches that the smaller clubs have as they can't afford the sophisticated drainage systems, undersoil heating and UV lights that help restore the grass diring the winter months when we play.

I have heard lots of excellent reports about the one Forfar have from people who have played different sports on it. But these should be used as community pitches for multiple local clubs and should not be allowed in the top league IMO.
I have a phobia of plastic pitches, played at Stirling Albions old ground in the late 80s, it was one of the first generation artificial pitches, really coarse "grass" with about 50 tonnes of grit spread on it! I came on as a sub, never gave the surface a second thought (tit) got the ball ran down the right wing crossed the ball and slid down on my left hip.....oh fuck! I'm sure using a belt sander would have been less effective at removing skin, to add insult to impressive injury the six inch area of hip that used to have skin on it was now full of grit! Absolutely fucking brutal!

I think big jackie has been wrote aff far too soon tbh the injuries never helped soon as he came in then that shite pen seemed to turn people rite aff him much for faithful thru and thru eh???
100% correct cairnsy we’ve bought a few strikers over the years and wasted tens of millions on them all and never gave the majority of them a decent run in the team this guy has came from a good league as top goal scorer so he must have something about him and needs to be given a fair chance to show it, I just hope he doesn’t need many games to get started

Giakoumakis.

apart from a few good touches a don't see anything much to rave about , another ajeti springs to mind

Giakomakus will spend the whole match trying to figure out if Ajeti is on the pitch or not !

As I see it.....with Maeda away and KYOGO injured we are going to have to be careful with Giakomakus as he is coming back from a longish lay off.....I doubt he can play anywhere near a full 90 mins in the next 2/3 games.....that being the case we very well may see Ajeti.....or Abada again as a false 9.

What alternative do we have to this?

Members online

Latest posts

Back