Maeda out time for big Giakoumakis to step up and show us what he’s got

Some of the later generation artificial pitches are really good and are a big improvement on the old grass pitches that the smaller clubs have as they can't afford the sophisticated drainage systems, undersoil heating and UV lights that help restore the grass diring the winter months when we play.

I have heard lots of excellent reports about the one Forfar have from people who have played different sports on it. But these should be used as community pitches for multiple local clubs and should not be allowed in the top league IMO.
Fitba should always be played on grass
Plastic pitches are brutal on joints, knees, ankles, as it's murder trying to turn on them, also slide tackles are not for the faint hearted, although Tony Ralston got in a few today
Made of steel that Bhoy
I was involved in the game a wee bit and got a call from a guy from Texas, he owned an artificial turf company and right away he says "How would you like to make $100 Grand...?
I said, "I was born at night, but it wasn't last night"
He was a big talker, (Texas) had put turf fields in US and Colleges etc for 1 Million $US...so my cut was ten percent, but I was going to do most of the work, in getting him in touch with clubs
I said "You have an 'opportunity' for me, but you want my contacts within the game...not going to happen"
I spoke to a few players who told me they hated playing on astro turf, for the reasons given above, so I respectfully declined the offer
As I said, the beautiful game, should be played on grass
Otherwise, you'd be better putting a 5 a side team out, because it's like playing on hardwood flooring
I thought big Giomakis had a decent game, he holds the ball up well, and gives us a more physical option in and around the box
HH

Last edited:
Fitba should always be played on grass
Plastic pitches are brutal on joints, knees, ankles, as it's murder trying to turn on them, also slide tackles are not for the faint hearted, although Tony Ralston got in a few today
Made of steel that Bhoy
I was involved in the game a wee bit and got a call from a guy from Texas, he owned an artificial turf company and right away he says "How would you like to make $100 Grand...?
I said, "I was born at night, but it wasn't last night"
He was a big talker, (Texas) had put turf fields in US and Colleges etc for 1 Million $US...so my cut was ten percent, but I was going to do most of the work, in getting him in touch with clubs
I said "You have an 'opportunity' for me, but you want my contacts within the game...not going to happen"
I spoke to a few players who told me they hated playing on astro turf, for the reasons given above, so I respectfully declined the offer
As I said, the beautiful game, should be played on grass
Otherwise, you'd be better putting a 5 a side team out, because it's like playing on hardwood flooring
I thought big Giomakis had a decent game, he holds the ball up well, and gives us a more physical option in and around the box
HH
I was disappointed for GG myself, could and maybe should have scored a hat trick today, yet took his goal well.
Would have liked to have seen more and better deliver into the area, so he had more chance to attack the ball in the air, but still only see him being used in a subs role and may suit everyone used in that role also imo.

Been reading that its 32 hours between Japan game finishing and Glasgow derby,,If Maeda doesnt feature for Japan( which could be lightly considering Kyogo hardly even plays) it would be possible to get him back on time..In such a season defining match it should be considered i think..Even if he was on the bench for us it would be a big lift

Been reading that its 32 hours between Japan game finishing and Glasgow derby,,If Maeda doesnt feature for Japan( which could be lightly considering Kyogo hardly even plays) it would be possible to get him back on time..In such a season defining match it should be considered i think..Even if he was on the bench for us it would be a big lift
flying from japan to here the only thing on your mind is getting a good kip and recovering from jet lag ,,,,i've done it ,,,the last thing on yer mind is goin out for a kickabout

flying from japan to here the only thing on your mind is getting a good kip and recovering from jet lag ,,,,i've done it ,,,the last thing on yer mind is goin out for a kickabout
I trust your judgement as you have done it..Like i mentioned before i wasnt even sure if it was possible..I hear its a 12 hour journey to Manchester then to travel back up here etc etc..Jet lag should never be underestimated

I trust your judgement as you have done it..Like i mentioned before i wasnt even sure if it was possible..I hear its a 12 hour journey to Manchester then to travel back up here etc etc..Jet lag should never be underestimated
Don't know if he's flying commercial or private but on long haul flights i'd be guessing the medical staff would have to take into account any risks of dvt , it would be slim as he's an athlete but maybe something they would have to consider

This is the huge downside to buying players from the other side of the planet and with big Tam and the 4 Japanese bhoys that could be nearly half a team missing for chunks of the season then when they come back their time clock is all over the gaff

Did Efi Ambrose not do a similar thing years ago, stepped aff a plane after international duty, then played a European game I think, played 90mins in a daze, sold a goal, ran aboot like a headless chicken…..even worse than his normal headless chicken
It’s a no for me, put him on the bench, hopefully we won’t need him, other than a wee 10 mins run out, to savour that atmosphere when we’re 3-0 up 👍

Did Efi Ambrose not do a similar thing years ago, stepped aff a plane after international duty, then played a European game I think, played 90mins in a daze, sold a goal, ran aboot like a headless chicken…..even worse than his normal headless chicken
It’s a no for me, put him on the bench, hopefully we won’t need him, other than a wee 10 mins run out, to savour that atmosphere when we’re 3-0 up 👍
You are right BB. That was the beginning of the end for Ambrose. Up to that point he had been an unspectacular but mainly reliable defender, but he won the AFCON with Nigeria, rushed back to play I think one of the Milans in Europe and had a disaster. He lost his confidence and was a bombscare for ever more for us.

Kris Commons threw big Efe under the bus big time in his live after game interview. Never liked KC efter that. Dig him out in the dressing not on live TV.

He's another type of striker, he can also hold the ball up for the likes of Jota, Abada etc
He backheeled the ball into the net, classy finish
Hope this is the rise of the big man, for the rest of the season
Good to see all the Bhoys come in, and back each other, as the diets started their thuggery
Taylor went after Devlin, who clugged Jota, Bitton and big Gia, entered the fray, as the handbags flew in

Last edited:
Must admit I had a good few doubts about GG, and was surprised he started as I thought Ange would have used the pace of abada more so, through the middle.
But really has won me over tonight with his performance and brilliantly taken goal also.
Battled away non stop for the full 90 and delighted to see how much the victory meant to him at the end with the supporters.
That penalty miss looks well behind him now, and should be looking for a bright future ahead with us as I believe he has earned the right to do so, got the makings of another great signing imo

Must admit I had a good few doubts about GG, and was surprised he started as I thought Ange would have used the pace of abada more so, through the middle.
But really has won me over tonight with his performance and brilliantly taken goal also.
Battled away non stop for the full 90 and delighted to see how much the victory meant to him at the end with the supporters.
That penalty miss looks well behind him now, and should be looking for a bright future ahead with us as I believe he has earned the right to do so, got the makings of another great signing imo
The interaction between Ange and GG as they left the field at the end says it all for me. The lad wasn't top scorer in the Dutch League for nothing. The belief is there and it's mutual.

I thought GG was unlucky not to score against United and wasn’t the only one (O’Riley the other obvious one).
it was a tough game yesterday the emotions of Wim and the pressure of making the earlier Sevco result count.
Let’s back the bhoys to hilt on Wednesday night.
He didn’t have the best of games to be fair although as a team we struggled. Apart from some good/lucky saves he could have had a couple here’s hoping he takes them the next time as I have no doubt he will come good

He didn’t have the best of games to be fair although as a team we struggled. Apart from some good/lucky saves he could have had a couple here’s hoping he takes them the next time as I have no doubt he will come good

There’s lots of room for improvement with GG.

He has to learn to stay composed and not let the tension and the hyped up atmosphere affect him.....I watched him closely and a few times he let himself down by panicking a wee bit.....he was through on goal one time and the ball wouldn’t sit for him.....if he had put his body across the player coming in at pace to tackle him it would have been a sure penalty.....another time he lashed out at the ball and it ended up nearly hitting the corner flag when there was a real opportunity to score.....I hope we have someone who can spot his shortcomings and help sort them out...

I thought GG was unlucky not to score against United and wasn’t the only one (O’Riley the other obvious one).
it was a tough game yesterday the emotions of Wim and the pressure of making the earlier Sevco result count.
Let’s back the bhoys to hilt on Wednesday night.
The team picked by Ange will be backed to the Hilt as they have all season.The doubts about the manager are gone and the fans have bought into what hes trying to do here.Most of his signings have have been superb so far and who doesnt love the way he deals with the press?Its upto the players to stand up and get this game won on Wednesday ..if we do i cant see them stopping us from winning the title.Might be an early call but at full strength nobody touches us .HH

Back