Manhattan Moniker

For years whenever I've been called a FB, must be in the hundreds of times, mostly jovial, sometimes serious, my normal reply is "and don't you forget it", I feel it's like turning their insults against them, and as someone mentioned earlier, very similar to our black brothers and sisters taking ownership of the 'N' word. I smiled when I first seen the guys moniker, only because I thought he was the unrepentant Manhattan FB.
I didn't realise we had this form of censorship where someone can have their name altered for anything unless serious vulgarity or similar reasons. Whats next, rules and guidelines? Surely not troops, I thought we were cuter and wise enough to look after ourselves.
MFB is a name I would never have chosen, because I know it would defo cause offence to some, but I still defend the guys right to choose his own moniker, apologies to anyone who was offended but sometimes we have to take the rough with the smooth on any forum.

For years whenever I've been called a FB, must be in the hundreds of times, mostly jovial, sometimes serious, my normal reply is "and don't you forget it", I feel it's like turning their insults against them, and as someone mentioned earlier, very similar to our black brothers and sisters taking ownership of the 'N' word. I smiled when I first seen the guys moniker, only because I thought he was the unrepentant Manhattan FB.
I didn't realise we had this form of censorship where someone can have their name altered for anything unless serious vulgarity or similar reasons. Whats next, rules and guidelines? Surely not troops, I thought we were cuter and wise enough to look after ourselves.
MFB is a name I would never have chosen, because I know it would defo cause offence to some, but I still defend the guys right to choose his own moniker, apologies to anyone who was offended but sometimes we have to take the rough with the smooth on any forum.
Well said Ben,but you can see some of our folks are upset about it,censorship is a no no in my book,this is a wee bit different though,cheers pal

Members online

Latest posts

Back