May election

Glasbhoy81

Who to vote for in this upcoming election is a hard one.
SNP- tartan Tories who say their government is all about transparency, yet try at every turn to cover things up.

Tories - just now

The Greens- just an offshoot of the SNP , so you would be really just voting for the SNP

Labour- what to say about Labour, are they even still a party with aspirations to get back into power. The new leader is very vocal on all racist incidents apart from anti Irish racism. Hopefully he will gain wee nic's seat, that just because I can't stand the cow.

Is there any decent independent candidates?

I’m from a working class background, as far back as I can remember all my family voted labour, I stopped during the Blair years, then moved to the SNP I want independence, but due to wee Jimmy crankies shady goings on, and her TOTALLY unfair treatment of our team, whilst turning a blind eye to everything that goes on in the blue half of the city, I’ll NOT be voting for them again till they get rid of wee Jimmy, they’ve been on power for the last 13 years, it’s time for a change........
I won’t tell anyone how to vote, you do as your head/heart tell you, but that’s my reasons

SNP- tartan Tories who say their government is all about transparency, yet try at every turn to cover things up.

Tories - just now

The Greens- just an offshoot of the SNP , so you would be really just voting for the SNP

Labour- what to say about Labour, are they even still a party with aspirations to get back into power. The new leader is very vocal on all racist incidents apart from anti Irish racism. Hopefully he will gain wee nic's seat, that just because I can't stand the cow.

They all piss in the same pot the fact that someone wants to be in power should be enough to exclude them from ever holding a position of power they are nothing but a shower of self interested cunts looking for a fat pay packet a even fatter pension, a fistful of company directorships and some consultancy jobs where they get 50k for a turning up at a handful of meetings a year fuck them all If I had my way I’d line every one of the grasping bastards up against a wall and shoot them along with their accomplice media whores hun referees and any other cunt that happens to piss me off at any given time.

I’m from a working class background, as far back as I can remember all my family voted labour, I stopped during the Blair years, then moved to the SNP I want independence, but due to wee Jimmy crankies shady goings on, and her TOTALLY unfair treatment of our team, whilst turning a blind eye to everything that goes on in the blue half of the city, I’ll NOT be voting for them again till they get rid of wee Jimmy, they’ve been on power for the last 13 years, it’s time for a change........
I won’t tell anyone how to vote, you do as your head/heart tell you, but that’s my reasons
You have to vote for the party you wish to see make the change you want to see and if that is independence and that party is not a popular choice with you, if they are the only party at present to bring about your changes then you must forget all about other prejudices they have and get them and your wish over the line, then you take it from there.

Last edited:
Time for us all to reflect on 13 yrs of power from the SNP. I for one won't vote this year. Sick and tired of a wasted vote. No party IMHO wants to eradicate the sectarian racist abuse we Celtic supporters come under on a daily basis. SNP guilty imo for playing the anti - Catholic card on numerous occasions. Have never voted them never will. When the day comes that I feel I can vote it will be for a party that protects our interests and above all treats with the respect we deserve. Sick of living in a small minded racist country. 🤮🤮

I will be voting for Independence not Nicola Sturgeon. For me the SNP have always been a means to an end. A single issue party for me.
Once independent I will vote for anyone who will renationalise certain industries. Health, Education, Transportation and Energy production are far too important to left in the hands of business men and corporations.
If any of the unionist parties had a renationalisation policy I would have no problem voting for them.

Tories - just now

Labours really lost they're way all working classes wid vote them but they've not had power in an offy long time north and south of the border unfortunately the torie despots have a free rain over us all for the foreseeable I was all for the SNP at first but as u say they're just tartan tories who can't be trusted to take us to independence

I will be voting for Independence not Nicola Sturgeon. For me the SNP have always been a means to an end. A single issue party for me.
Once independent I will vote for anyone who will renationalise certain industries. Health, Education, Transportation and Energy production are far too important to left in the hands of business men and corporations.
If any of the unionist parties had a renationalisation policy I would have no problem voting for them.
For 1, the Tories won't allow another independence vote in the near future
2, what state will Scotland be in if we by the time we do get independence, with the incompetence of the SNP

Labours really lost they're way all working classes wid vote them but they've not had power in an offy long time north and south of the border unfortunately the torie despots have a free rain over us all for the foreseeable I was all for the SNP at first but as u say they're just tartan tories who can't be trusted to take us to independence
Labour do not do grassroot campaigning. They need to get out there the way the SNP do.

Members online

Latest posts

Back